• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Songs?

spaekle

emotionless and cold as ice
English songs, Japanese songs, opening songs, ending songs, movie themes, random episode insert songs (I think there were maybe a couple of those)... whatever. :]

For English songs, The first two dub openings. There were a few more dub openings that I remember being catchy, but I can't recall which ones they were. Also 2BA Master and that one Team Rocket song. Awesomeness.

For Japanese, I like OK!, Advance Adventure, Challenger!, Spurt!, Rival!, Type: Wild, Takeshi no Paradise, Maemuki Rocket-dan, and Ware wa Collector.

I have a dislike of all the Engish songs, So I'll name Japanese ones!

All the openings, Kaze to Issho Ni, Kaze no Message, Soko ni Sora ga Aru Kara, and Chiisaki Mono. All made of awesome.

From Pokemon: The First Movie soundtrack...
'Don't Say You Love Me' by M2M

~Don't say you love me
You don't even know me
If you really want me
then give me some time

Don't go there baby
Not before I'm ready
Don't say your heart's in a hurry
It's not like we're gonna get married
Give me, give me some time~

That and...

Prepare for trouble
And make it double
To protect the world from devestation
To unite all people's within our nations
To demand the powers of truth and love
To exend our reach to the stars above
Jessie
James
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light
Surrender now, or prepare to fight
Meowth, that's right!

They never get old XD.

THIS SIDE OF PARADISE!

Just... <3 It's such a happy song~
And the visuals have a whole bunch of Pokémon dancing with pom-poms. :D How can you not love that?

For English, I like the season 8 and season 6 openings best.

For the Japanese openings and endings... Advance Adventure, Together, Kaze no Message, Spurt! and Mezase Pokémon Master.

Random insert songs... Polka O Dolka tops my list. =P

All of the english ones suck except the first one and the johto journeys (the first one)

For the Japanese: Spurt, Advance Adventure and Poketarri Monsutarri (forgot how it is spelled)

I used to absolutely adore that song that I never know the name of, but it's Japanese and plays at the end of the Hoenn epsidoes and has Ash and Pikachu sitting by a tree while the sun sets.

Edit: Found it :D Soko ni Sora Ga Aru Kara God, it's more romantic than I remember it being o.o

And I love the movie versions of all the openings. They're so damn fun to sing along to, especially the third one. And the first one.

Last edited:
Pokerap. Tis awesome. Oh, and the japanese opening for Kanto. And the original english opening, the johto opening....it is really hard, since I like them all. Except for most of the advanced openings. Those were horrific.

^ I agree. The "I'm Unbeatable" one that plays at the start of the Lucario & Mew movie had the most horrendous and pretentious lyrics ever.

I was listening to my 2BA Master soundtrack most of yesterday because I'm cool like that (and this thread reminded me that it exists). Viridian City and Together Forever are so old school and awesome~ :3

I tell you NOTHING and I mean NOTHING beats the opening song to the first series. I mean the entire song, not just the part they used to start the episodes.

Soko ni Sora Aru Kara was wonderous to listen to, Dannichu; I'm in a wonderous mood of an odd happiness after listening to it~ I'm grateful that you were able to share it.

Mhals, I adored Johto Journeys when I was little, and still adore it now. It's so enjoyable to sing the words~

(I'm warning you, I like quite a few... Rhyme, but not intended...)
From Pokemon: The First Movie soundtrack...
'Don't Say You Love Me' by M2M

~Don't say you love me
You don't even know me
If you really want me
then give me some time

Don't go there baby
Not before I'm ready
Don't say your heart's in a hurry
It's not like we're gonna get married
Give me, give me some time~
I like that one too! English: Togther Forever, Pokerap GS, Pokemon Johto Journeys, Pokemon Johto Championships, Master Quest, Pokemon Seson 1, We Will Be Heroes (Season 11), Pikachu! (I Choose You), Hey You (Free Up Your Mind), Lullaby, Brother My Brother, Vacation,
Catch Me If You Can, Comin' To The Rescue (Pokemon 2000), All We Wanna Do, To Know The Unknown, He Drives Me Crazy (I think...), What Kind Of Pokemon Are You?, Battle Frontier, This Side Of Paradise... (and the Pokemon Christmas Bash CD, I think.) Didn't I say I had a lot?

Japanese: Togther 2007/2008, Mezase Pokemon Master, Spurt!, Kimi No Soba De, Rocketto Dan (It's just silly to listening to them), Ready Go!, that Battle Frontier Japanese one, Meazase Pokemon Masaba, Soko ni Sora Aru Kara ( Yay for this wonderful song!), and I don't have as many Jap. ones as I do English, but you can bet you'll see this updating!

Last edited:
The Pokemon Christmas Bash CD. OH MY GOD I'd forgotten about that!
God, that was so brilliant. The Team Rocket version of The Christmas Song... and the Night Before Christmas ("While visions of Vileplumes danced in their heads!" X3)... oh, and the Under the Mistletoe one is still hilarious... and Keep My Home in My Heart was actually pretty depressing~
And I'm Giving Santa a Pikachu for Christmas. Oh, that one was too awesome. XD

There were some good ones on the Totally Pokemon soundtrack; Never Too Far From Home, You & Me & Pokemon, the GS Pokerap and The Game was pretty awesome, too.

I'm awash in a sea of nostalgia~

Oh my, I discovered the Chirstmas Soundtrack, a while ago. 'Tis an amusing soundtrack. I adore the horrid puns that create it, and cause laughter. Under the Mistletoe, was also wonderous.

Nidoking was falling down....on his trainer Steve

Stratosphere is an amusing word that I adore. (This does, surpisily, have relevancity to this subject as does a Marril Christmas.)

Ooooh, that medley one had so, so many bad puns. I can't listen to the actual version of the Twelve Days of Christmas without James in his painfully gay voice, saying "Fiiiiive Goldeeeeeen~" X3

...And a Hoppip new year! :D

There's so much nostalgia in this thread, it's awesome. :D

Uh, let's see... I always loved Best Friends and Together Forever. And the Team Rocket song XD Brother My Brother is great, even if it isn't strictly a pokemon song (I have that on my mp3... and the first two I mentioned because I'm that cool). I never heard the Johto Journeys song before now, but that's awesome. :D The whole song, I mean.

I also love Lugia's theme in the second movie; I borrowed that film on tape from a friend some time after it came out, and watched it three or four times in one weekend, the forth time mainly for the pretty song~

P.S. I never heard the christmas bash before either, but Oh. My. Gosh. XD I'm Giving Santa A Pikachu For Christmas is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom