• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fire Emblem Awakening

perhaps. which ones have you played before? Sacred Stones wasn't really so much about politics as it was a tragedy between two siblings and a childhood friend, and even 7 dropped a lot of its politics once Nergal came into play

the Tellius games have it moreso in Radiant Dawn simply to show the state of the continent after the events of the first game and how things ended up worse off because assholes are always the ones running things

and that's probably why they named him a "Mad King", lol, he wasn't crazy like Ashnard, he was just pissed at the actions of one person and directed that anger to said person's kids

it's not even really the lack of ambition that i mind though, my main issue with Awakening was in the lack of any real development the main characters got. Chrom fell into a slump after the whole thing Plegia, and normally, in a Fire Emblem game, it starts affecting the character's ability to lead and they stay like that for a while and are like "Woe is me" for two or three chapters (See: Ike after a certain character's death and when he's so abruptly put into leadership of a band of mercenaries and later an entire army; he's constantly unsure of himself and it literally takes his mentor bashing the words into his skull across multiple chapters and seeing some pretty disgusting things to rise to his responsibility), but in less than two chapters everyone's like "CHEER UP CHROM, YOU HAVE FRIENDS" and he gets better. i was just like, what

7, 8 and... 11, I think? 11 was just honestly a terribly awkward, clunky game where even the fun gameplay couldn't save it. :( But I'm replaying 7 now and yeah, it's still "Lyn awkwardly does some stuff! Dull 2D antagonists vaguely try to stop her! She does more stuff!" and nothing is interesting. Also wow wow wow I forgot how utterly borked the support system is. I think Awakening won the moment it was obvious they'd decided to actually do something with supports, being it a cool idea.

I feel like all the Awakening characters got 10000% more development than any characters here, who just sort of... vaguely do things a bit? Because the support system isn't even explained or mentioned to the player, you're pretty likely to never hear anything at all from any non-major character ever again. Great.

I even wish all the really great DLC effort was included in the game, because those hundreds of interesting and hilarious conversations need to be available to everyone!! And they're even between characters who don't get supports in the main game! :( I can't believe a single conversation led me to ship Kjelle/Cynthia a whole bunch, and they don't even have a support. And spotpass character conversations \o/!!! They could have included those in the main game so why didn't they. >:(

i don't even know why they called Shadow Dragon 11 lol, it's just a remake of the first game, not an entirely original one! they did the same thing with the remake of FE3 on the DS as well and they called it 12 :S

the main issue with 7 is that you have a 10 chapter long tutorial showing you what you'll find on the maps and in battles that's about Lyn finding out that she's actually a noble with noble relatives WOAAH. and even then, FE7 is also significantly longer than Awakening, so they have more time to waste on exposition, tutorial and waiting to actually tell you anything relevant to the true story. Awakening was... only 20 chapters long i think? one of the only other games that was so short was Sacred Stones, and their stories and purposes came by much quicker (as opposed to the 50 chapter juggernaut that is Radiant Dawn lmfao, but then again, that also has so many sub-plots going on within the main plots and a ton of loose ends they had to tie up from the end of FE9)

the main reason supports weren't really mentioned ingame was because it was all explained manual. since you know, most games that came out at least 10 years ago didn't run on the player's ability to find things out for themselves, but they at least gave them a manual to read through instead of a brochure telling you what a great vacation spot Ylisse can be if you streetpass with other people (god i hate how they ditched instruction manuals entirely, but that's neither here nor there ._.).

well, that and to be perfectly honest, supports didn't really make that much of a difference until the weird affinity thing they did with Radiant Dawn. they just plain old weren't necessary for battles/bosses or anything unless you wanted to alter your endings a bit until they decided give you more benefits to the point of being broken in Awakening

otherwise all you really had to go off of was randomly seeing the SUPPORT option on one of your characters probably 13 chapters in because you keep your two favorite characters at the front near each other at all times and they just happen to have supports with each other because Fire Emblem's uncanny like that

SO GUESS WHAT I am finally on the last chapter. I wanted the game to be so, so much longer and I'm just very disappointed. :( What am I supposed to do with all these super-children that I spent ages grinding for?! I think Nowi's the only one of my characters who actually got to reach her final class and that was just because her skill pool kind of sucked. :(

Also: I finally just unlocked Chrom and Frederick's C-support from a barracks conversation. Fun times shall ensue.

Guys talk about Fire Emblem again. I like it. It's fun.

(sorry, i've been obsessing over smt4 ;w;)

and yeah, don't be too suprised over manakete skill pools sucking, it's to keep them from getting more overpowered than they already are (bad enough that Nowi can get the strength enhancement of a wyvern lord, lol)

really? Compared to the rest of my party, Nah is pretty much sub-par. I mean, she only hits 50 ATK with a Dragonstone and dragonstones+ are in short supply for me.

ANYWAY I have discovered the way to completely break Lunatic+ mode: four Galeforce sorcerers with Mire tomes. You never even have to get close, and when you do it's only to finish off the last few enemies.

I own it.

I'm playing Hard/Classic, and I'm adding another condition to my game: should I beat a chapter with one or more characters killed on the way to beating said chapter, I must save and carry on undermanned.

I'm in Chapter 18 right now, with just the player character, Chrom, Kellam, and Tharja.

Has anyone figured out a way to make Donny useful? Throughout my entire playthrough he seemed about as useful as a stick hitting people with another stick. I mean, the his ability that he can pass on is useful (meaning he's a good husband for any female character in the game) but that's about it.

I was not aware that this thread existed.

Well FEA is like my favorite DS game ever now, by the way. I played the heck out of it on my friend's 3DS, but now that I have my own I finally got it for myself :D

I'm basically recreating my character from my friend's game, because I liked him a lot. Plus Owain was one of my children and he looks great with the purple hair he inherited from my character :D Owain is like my favorite character, because he's amazing. Actually just having Owain and Morgan as brother and sister is freaking awesome and I don't know why.

I love this game :D

Sorry to Dar who will see there's a new post here and probably be expecting an answer to his question :(

Has anyone figured out a way to make Donny useful? Throughout my entire playthrough he seemed about as useful as a stick hitting people with another stick. I mean, the his ability that he can pass on is useful (meaning he's a good husband for any female character in the game) but that's about it.

abuse the level resets from class promotion/changing at level 20, it'll carry over most stats and allow you to increase stats up to a certain degree

it's best not to rely on that too much since passing on the skills is one of the more important things, and aptitude will help his child more than him, as even though you can get nice stats with him and everyone else in the beginning, their children are going to be even better in the end

Just beat Grima.

With only six survivors.

Fuck. Yeah.

I ended up with just my guy, Chrom, Tharja, Flavia, Perceval, and Legion.

What was rather interesting was my end-game stats: Chrom was 83/33, and wasn't in my top three.

My top three were:

Bronze: Sarunas (my character) - ~150/78
Silver: Kellam (RIP) - ~300/164
Gold: Tharja - 416/379

By the way, I chose the ending where you don't sacrifice yourself.

Aaaaand I'm playing through Lunatic mode again for fun! And this time, rather than experimenting with a Galeforce-based team (don't get me wrong, I'l still milk galeforce if at all possible) I'm aiming to use one based on Armsthrift, so that I can use forged weapons (Prism Sword ftw [glass sword +5str +3acc]) as much as I want.

It's interesting to find marriage pairs I haven't used yet that allow this to happen.

I just started a new character, and plan on making her a Dark Mage, after realizing that in my several playthroughs of the game I've never used a Dark Mage since I always made Tharja a Dark Knight.
EDIT: Also I can never manage to get that one guy with the crows out of Carrion Isle alive.

Why Dark Knights can't use dark magic is beyond me.

And I have to say, in my last playthrough, having my character marry Nowi was the best decision I made. Two Manaketes is one thing (especially when one has a high potential of having poor stats) but having three Manaketes who all have good stats is another.

EDIT: Also I can never manage to get that one guy with the crows out of Carrion Isle alive.

just pair henry up with another unit, like a stronger magical one so he's helpful for that battle (he jumps in a lot with crits on that map, so you're even training him)

ahh, awakening. even after finishing my lunatic I still play and I don't even care. you could call me................. a veteran. *looks off into the distance*

Lunatic was pretty ok, since enemies are never really going to rise above the weapons they had around the first few chapters. but the final paralogue was tough (it probably wouldn't have been tough if i hadn't been determined to use 15/30 available units lmao)

emmeryn/aversa the best power couple and they weren't even a canon couple (apparently)

I actually really like this game. I was getting towards chapter 19, when I decided to start again (as most of the girls had died before I realized you could marry them off *squee*) so now I am back to chapter 5. My faves are Virion, Miriel and Henry.

And the bunny guy. I love the bunny guy. Can't wait till I get Panne back so I can breed him.
Yeah, this is my first FE game...I am terrible at it, but I love it so much.

Meh, I've never been much of a fan of Yarne, or really taguels in general. I'm a huge fan of Manakete's, though. You never know grue bliss until you have four dragons eating all of your enemies.

taguels are great because they're the least adorable or fanservicey bunny race ever

ok, yarne is an adorable loser. i think he's an outlier...

Yeah, if taguels were cute... I probably would have let Panne die, and their race would never continue.

I actually find them cute. :3

Then again, I am quite strange.

My dragon girl died on the first level she was in, so I never got attached to her.

Gonna try and breed her with the invisible but huge knight dude in this playthrough.

I still play this a bit like everyday lol

I'm still on my second Hard/Classic playthrough though... after giving up on Lunatic.........

Back
Top Bottom