• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forgotten Pokemon

Re: Who uses a Marowak anymore? and other stuff

No ever uses BLISSEY, it isn't like it is overused[/sarcasm] Well there's my attempt to beat Unown as worst never used Pokemon. It beat Unown!!!With the sarcasm Blissey is more popular than how unpopluar Unown is so Reverse Blissey is now forgotten Period.

I adore Marowak. I'm EV training one at the moment, actually, and with her Thick Club she will become a destoryer of worlds

Marowak is even more of a beast when you pass some Agility boosts to it or have a Suicune for Tailwind support. ;)

Shuckle's shit. Other than that, I've used every one of those and they all rocked.

Hell, my Linoone pwned into oblivion on Emerald AND gave me awesome items!

I've also used Swallot, Wigglytuff and Sudowoodo.

I had a marowak called Padme...she rocked. Um...nobody uses magikarp...for obvious reasons. XD I can't use wifi anymore so I don't really know.

shuckle really does not have any purpose in the games. The pokemon should only be introduced if each has an individual purpose.

I use Marowak in my Trick Rooms teams as one of my physical sweepers, along with Relicanth. Forgetten? Not for long, psha, they destroy worlds~ :3 Octillery occasionally plays Special Sweeper for me, as well.

Pineco evolves into Forretress whom is a premier OU physical wall/spinner, Yanma becomes Yanmega who's a staple special sweeper and annoying thing, Exeggutor is a staple of Sunny Day teams and Skill Link/Icicle Spear Cloyster was an interesting Garchomp counter before it went Uber.

Oh.. and I luuuuurve Ampharos. :3 <3

But er.. that's all competitive jargon. xD But what they need to stop adding are useless bugs. Dustox, Masquerain, Mothim, Burmy.. Eesh. (Although Specs Hydro Pump Masquerain is lovely~ )

>| Mothim rocks. I trained one up for a competitive mono-flying team, and he makes a great Specs annoyer.

...just don't let it take a hit xD

I love Shellder! He's so cute! He and Dragonair are the only two Pokemon I keep devolved and evolve other ones. (And Chinchou and Surskit)

Farfetch'd is awesome too.
How about Dodrio, or Octillery?

I quite like Octillery... it's one of few Water types I like using. Plus it learns amazingly varied moves too- Psychic, Bullet Seed, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Rock Blast- so it's too interesting to forget :D

OK, maybe that last point is rubbish, but I liek it *hugs Octillery* Er- he seems to be stuck over my face now... *starts turning blue*

>| Mothim rocks. I trained one up for a competitive mono-flying team, and he makes a great Specs annoyer.

...just don't let it take a hit xD

Eh.. I believe Venomoth does it better, with Tinted Lens. >x3 Imagine the surprise of switching in something to resist and actually boosting it's power. Lovely 2.0x Bug Buzz for all~ But hey, to each their own~

Also Mike, Energy Ball, not Bullet Seed. d: Bullet Seed is rubbish. xD;

Also Mike, Energy Ball, not Bullet Seed. d: Bullet Seed is rubbish. xD;

I didn't say they were good moves, I said they were interesting :3 An octopus shooting seeds? Wow! Though I guess an octopus firing a green blob of energy is equally great, huh. xD

(And agreed, Bullet Seed sucks. xD)

Octillery's also awesome! I don't get how it evolves from a Remoraid, though. Remoraid's a fish thing that sticks on fish and feeds off them, and Octillery's an octopus...

Octillery's also awesome! I don't get how it evolves from a Remoraid, though. Remoraid's a fish thing that sticks on fish and feeds off them, and Octillery's an octopus...

It's a game about magic little creatures who come out of these little balls and fight each other. You think it's meant to make sense? xD

NOOOO!!!! ZOMG!! I can't believe I forgot Qwilfish!! He was awesome, and he needs an evo.

It's a game about magic little creatures who come out of these little balls and fight each other. You think it's meant to make sense? xD

Well, most evolutions in the game make sense. Like turtles evolve into more turtles, and then a tortoise, which is like a turtle.

ZOMG!!!!!! 500TH POST!!!!!

The only Pokémon I saw mentioned that I know I haven't used are Sunflora, Swalot, and Delibird. Yes, I even trained an Unown up to level 40 or so in Gold once; the little guy stayed in my team until I got to the Elite Four, if I remember right. Can't remember what type of Hidden Power it had, but I'm pretty sure its letter was either a G or Z.

There are plenty of people who use all of the Pokémon mentioned. Some a lot less than others, but that's bound to happen in a game with 493 potential party members (not counting alternate forms, or the possibility that someone uses multiples of the same species)... heck, that even happens in non-Pokémon RPGs, and most of them rarely have more than TEN party members to choose from.

The problem is, if you're only looking at the population of Internet Pokémon forums (or worse, if you're only looking at the competitive battling crowd) you're going to get a very skewed impression of what Pokémon people like, remember, use in their teams, and so on. Considering some of the Pokémon mentioned (Ampharos, Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff, the early-game bugs, etc.), I suspect that's what people are doing.

shuckle really does not have any purpose in the games. The pokemon should only be introduced if each has an individual purpose.

Please die and/or suddenly lose all capacity for communication.

so sunflora is actually pretty popular, but tell me this

who uses sunkern? *random crickets chirp and a tumbleweed rolls by* exactly what I thought

Back
Top Bottom