• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Well Boq ended the day voting Panini tbh so I think that's a solid lead
im not so sure on this now that panini has talked

granted i haven't fully read what panini said 100% but when i skimmed i was a bit less convinced of the anti-panini EoD case after reading her post in 1887

im not so sure on this now that panini has talked

granted i haven't fully read what panini said 100% but when i skimmed i was a bit less convinced of the anti-panini EoD case after reading her post in 1887
can you please link that tbh

I haven't read today and do not have the mental capacity rn to calculate what page that's on

read and acknowledged

on a normal day I'd probably find somewhere else to move but today I'm feeling lazy and wanna go easy mode so

hehe yeah. just wanted to make sure you saw that before votesitting (i recommend the same to anyone who comes in late and tries to vote otter tbh)

also @cop spec talk, yeah i agree. i’m sorry
I’m sorry as well. I shoulda kept my mouth shut.
Not sure I dare say this but... does this not also apply to Keldeo? who he also spoke quite strongly against? which you didn't bring up until M&F did (in #1764)?

I concede I may have confbias too, but it's not as if boquise was being secretive about scumreading Keldeo. He talked about it several times. And I know you noticed, because you argued with him about it (in #1085). So why omit him from your list of "people boq FoSed"? I've been townreading you almost all game (and still am overall, for all the many other reasons people have given), and from tierlists it seems like everyone else is too, so this is a little baffling to me.
Because he wasn’t the only one to FoS Keldeo? Just right out of the bat, I can remember both you and I also expressed suspicions of Keldeo at some point in d1, and I’m pretty sure there was at least one more person who did so. Now, as far as I can remember, boq was the only to cast suspicion on M&F and Panini.

This doesn’t necessarily mean anything about Keldeo, M&F and Panini’s alignments, though.

Because the "obvious conclusion" doesn't explain why mafia didn't target VM last night, given that, if he was being truthful, he was almost certainly going to become a doctor.
Ok, I might be being naïve here, but… What if the mafia was also curious about VM?
I mean, what would they have to lose by leaving a known doctor alive for one night longer in a game with 20+ people? Just kill some townie who’s not seen as a high-profile target and has been helpful (e.g. Boquise) and you’re pretty much guaranteed that the kill will land

I'm not totally convinced VM was shielded either, but afaict, the alternative is that he is lying about something. That's eminently possible (he only tropeclaimed White Mage after Negrek had already named it)
I know that you stated your lack of suspicion on VM on the next sentence, but I can’t not address this: if Negrek named it after VM, she’d be the one who could be suspected. This is an unavoidable egg or chicken situation (pun not intended), and I think it’s kind of a moot point to cast suspicion on any of them based on that at this point.

someone said something about reading RNP’s EoD posts innocently (they quoted his “hey who wants to see my dog”) but this kind of makes no sense to me when they were clearly meant to derail lol. whether that makes me town or scumread him is something that i have no clue about but it sure was Something

My two cents: he’s either really The Fool, who could be meme!townie or 3p (maybe some sort of gimmicky alien? idk), or he reached a point where things were going fast and he (understandably) couldn’t be arsed to read 80+ pages of jibberjabber, so might as well throw everything to the air, roleclaim as jester and have some lulz with the chaos of EoD.

oh also (sorry sorry trying to remove it I'm going away now) I wondered if the satisfied expression on boq's face could mean he was a bodyguard who "did his job" by taking a kill for someone else

idk how that fits in with the trope and the no violence death (n0 was also no violence) and also I don't even remember the death flavour right now

That… is quite a good theory, actually. Although I’d be hard-pressed to find a way to fit A God Am I onto the role of a bodyguard…

As per the nonviolence thing, I believe the mafia must have psychic or magic powers. It was suspicious when it was only Jack, now it’s a pattern.

even without being critical of everyone's skills, it's hard to stay on track of who's likely to be town, why that is, and how much leeway it entails.

BIG MOOD

I am hoping for and expecting the deaths to ramp up soon, yeah. I think in the previous game the sources of death were:
- the mafia factional kill
- Kratos ("lost mafia") killing people by saying "fuck you" to them
- Claire ("lost mafia"?) killing people by naming their tropes, usually in a batch like 3 people every 3 nights or 2 people after 2 nights
- once there was a backstabbing. it was unclear if that was Claire or Adriane who did it

The only other manners of death I can remember right now are terrorist blowing up and lover suicide.

We had a few types of death, looking at the previous thread:
- Gunshot wound
- Bleeding from the ears
- A splatter of gore
- Terrorist blowing up
- Backstabbing
- Mysterious heart attacks
- Lover suicide

The mafia kills sort of look like an extreme version of doctor dodging but I don't know if that would really be their primary consideration n1 after two doctors had already died?
I feel like, if we run under the assumption that Jack wasn't the science doctor to ILS's White Mage and that we still have a science doctor active, then doctor dodging could make sense for n1. Assuming that VM got White Mage at the start of last night (he mentioned somewhere that he gets the power "as the next night phase begins") and that he may have been able to heal someone, we would have two doctors running around: VM and the unknown science doctor. It wouldn't have made a lot of sense for them to try to kill VM, since he would have been too obvious of a target due to inheriting either Deadly Doctor or White Mage last night, and none of us know who the science doctor is. I feel like if they wanted to guarantee a kill last night, they would have kind of needed to doctor dodge.

I know that you stated your lack of suspicion on VM on the next sentence, but I can’t not address this: if Negrek named it after VM, she’d be the one who could be suspected. This is an unavoidable egg or chicken situation (pun not intended), and I think it’s kind of a moot point to cast suspicion on any of them based on that at this point.
!!!!!!!!

I believe the mafia must have psychic or magic powers. It was suspicious when it was only Jack, now it’s a pattern.
tbh yeah. idk what this looks like but i'm p sure the flavor matters somehow (maybe we need to remember this for ... Info tbh)

My two cents: he’s either really The Fool, who could be meme!townie or 3p (maybe some sort of gimmicky alien? idk), or he reached a point where things were going fast and he (understandably) couldn’t be arsed to read 80+ pages of jibberjabber, so might as well throw everything to the air, roleclaim as jester and have some lulz with the chaos of EoD.
the fool/jester is a role but i'd rather not read too much into trope names. (that being said i can jive with a tentative 3p/sus placement for him rn.) tbh he was just kind of. odd/mean? but i couldn't tell if it was joke or not haha, i can't help but be a little suspicious - idk who in the town alignment would fuck with townies trying to figure out who to vote for

Just kill some townie who’s not seen as a high-profile target and has been helpful (e.g. Boquise) and you’re pretty much guaranteed that the kill will land
i like this spec but i also am a little attached to the bodyguard theory rn (this is self-contradictory but granted idk if BG works with his trope). also i think MF's occam-razoresque idea about the mafia just thinking VM was going to get shielded makes the most sense by far as of now

Because he wasn’t the only one to FoS Keldeo? Just right out of the bat, I can remember both you and I also expressed suspicions of Keldeo at some point in d1, and I’m pretty sure there was at least one more person who did so. Now, as far as I can remember, boq was the only to cast suspicion on M&F and Panini.
a +1 for the bold.
also just ftr eifie also did wonder about mf/panini iirc (not reading back through thread at the moment, sorry)

the fool/jester is a role but i'd rather not read too much into trope names
lmao that being said i wondered during his posting frenzy if he was trying to get lynched, but that's still such a. bad way to go about it. also i just feel like the fool -> jester logic would be too obvious for the game honestly? 🤷 tbh

lmao that being said i wondered during his posting frenzy if he was trying to get lynched, but that's still such a. bad way to go about it. also i just feel like the fool -> jester logic would be too obvious for the game honestly? 🤷 tbh
trust me, you won't find my role through my flavor. not yet at least
There's this quote, but it could also be a deliberate attempt to mislead us.

I see that more like just having fun at our expense while we were too desperate to think anything really
I mean, if you look at his picture of my dog comment with a detached/disinterested outlook, isn’t it Hilarious in Hindsight?
i hate autoemojis so much
Autoemojis are the bane of my existence and up to this very moment I was in a blissful ignorance thinking that this forum didn’t have those. Now I’m scared of typing emoticons

Emoticons are not automatically converted to emoji, but if you type convertible words between colons, like :shrug:, that will get converted to 🤷.

If you just want to say you shrugged, might I suggest the tried and true asterisk?

yeah i'll have to revert to asterisks. at some point i started using colons because i was coming from discord lingo

I see that more like just having fun at our expense while we were too desperate to think anything really
I mean, if you look at his picture of my dog comment with a detached/disinterested outlook, isn’t it Hilarious in Hindsight?
it was. it was just also. kind of irritating. idk. unless he's town throwing the game/not planning on playing anymore ... i'm probably thinking too hard about something that doesn't matter yet, it just bothered me and i'm salty

There's this quote, but it could also be a deliberate attempt to mislead us.
good find. i think this read more as him trying to mess with us (maybe just for fun idk) than an actual play or attempt to mislead? but i really have no coherent thoughts other than "uh"

Emoticons are not automatically converted to emoji, but if you type convertible words between colons, like :shrug:, that will get converted to 🤷.

If you just want to say you shrugged, might I suggest the tried and true asterisk?
Thank Arceus for the webmaster.
I myself am more of a fan of the good old kaomoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
it was. it was just also. kind of irritating. idk. unless he's town throwing the game/not planning on playing anymore ... i'm probably thinking too hard about something that doesn't matter yet, it just bothered me and i'm salty
That’s exactly why I think it was just lulz. Being obnoxious just for the sake of it, laughing both at one’s own actions and at the angry reactions of the flabbergasted public. Mission accomplished for RNP, I guess.

Well Boq ended the day voting Panini tbh so I think that's a solid lead
folks have already pointed to panini's post and all but there's another issue I feel is at hand: boq wasn't pushing that hard for Panini anyway. like, the vote was just to get off the ILS or ottercopter train; earlier in the day, he expresses being suspicious of Panini but not wanting to push/vote.

Now, as far as I can remember, boq was the only to cast suspicion on M&F and Panini.
is that a fact?

anyway, RNP feels very much like a dead end; vig fodder for after Ottercopter, really. microanalysis of blatant mockery isn't very likely to yield us much of anything new

I was also thinking -- if we were to start pushing/lynching inactives, it may or may not be ideal to do so while Negrek is still around, so we can at least get one thing out of them as they depart. (even with that in play, though, lynching inactives is a last resort; let it not distract)

Back
Top Bottom