• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Aww, shoot. Now I feel bad that I ever mentioned suspecting Eifie. :confused: It sounds like she was an important role, too, and not an alien or something like I suspected.

Out of general curiosity, and something I've been wondering, is it allowed for more than one person to have the same role?

Either somebody redirected my action to someone who was mafia or someone deflected actions targetting M&F to someone who was mafia.
tbh i don't think this is unlikely - rari had been posting cop cover so a redirector wouldn't have to think super hard to try to find someone's read to redirect

I only posted cop cover on D1, though
i don't think it really matters how consistent you'd been tbh, though this is fair. would you then be guessing that mf got redirected, though?

(i have definite confbias/hope that rari got redirected and rari and mf aren't truly at odds ... but alas, the real world is unfair,)

tbh i don't think this is unlikely - rari had been posting cop cover so a redirector wouldn't have to think super hard to try to find someone's read to redirect
like yes this would be a gamble, but only a few people had been cop covering (eifie, rari, i have MF written in my notes as a claimant but don't remember when that cover was posted) and it would be better for maf/redirect to deflect any of those people's actions than to go for none

I reread my role PM and the only information it conveys that I forgot to mention is that some special roles may give me a misleading result (but I guess that isn’t a surprise to anyone, now, is it)

option 2: I'm the type of insane that always reads red (or the type of insane that gets random reads, and the random number god is mocking me). it'd make sense with the flavor and all, but that'd be so annoying
I was thinking how this option seems to make the most sense and an idea hit me: if we don’t lynch you or Mawile today, why don’t you inspect ILS next Night? If he also flips red, the random gods would really have to be mocking you if you can see green at all…

I was thinking how this option seems to make the most sense and an idea hit me: if we don’t lynch you or Mawile today, why don’t you inspect ILS next Night? If he also flips red, the random gods would really have to be mocking you if you can see green at all…
can you inspect a dead person tho

or MF could just inspect someone who she has a strong townlean on tbh. wouldn't be conclusive but ...

alternatively, you could ask the mafia to be nice and tell us who they're killing tonight, so you can investigate that person

MF is there any indication in your pm to make it seem like you are an insane cop? (i.e. is it possible rari also just doesn't know/hasn't figured it out?)
one of the defining aspects of the Inspector Lestrade as a trope is that they tend to be completely wrong, so that Detective Protagonist looks more impressive when they're right. flavoristically, I suppose that'd lend credence to the existance of an actual sane cop among us, and if so that'd presumably be rari_teh, but the rub is that I can fully tell that their N2 result is incorrect, eh? but then, their N1 result matches one of mine, so... yeah see, this is a goddamn nightmare to untangle, and it is so before we even start assuming absolute truthfulness

rari being insane is unlikely because that contradicts eifie's clear on ultracool
goyvens, now I can't remember whether Eifie's mech clear was ultracool or, well, you

Or she/I was deflected on N2.
that there's also a possibility I neglected to raise; I suppose that my experience as a GM in games that often do have redirectors is that, well... they're very often brought up in cases where there was no redirection at all, but in the rare occasions that they acquire a meaningful result, folks seldom consider redirection. it be like that I guess. if we do make that assumption though, we'd have to start asking ourselves what agenda a redirector could possibly have in the case-at-hand, because a town redirector normally has no reason to use their power much without duress (and less still not to claim if there's a possibility of such shedding light on a confusing situation), while a mafia redirector would probably have preferred one of two claimed healers last night.

re this, investigating myself, etc.: soz, my PM specifies that I target alive, non-self players. I suppose the next best thing would be to target someone who reads very strongly town to us

also -- I feel like Eifie's mech clear may have come from outside of her own role, which is why we should stop speculating about it immediately. it's the exact thing she told us not to do even!

Back
Top Bottom