• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[GAME OVER] Super Random Mafia Game [ALIEN WIN]

Re: [Night 1] Super Random Mafia Game

That's actually a really good point. People who viewed the thread but aren't participating might be doing stuff behind the scenes, but moon-panther probably isn't; she can barely even tell what's going on.

I suppose that could also be a really interesting mafia plot, PMing their members all the thread information, but it also seems like it would be difficult to pull off and it doesn't seem like the case here. Additionally, I seem to remember moon-panther being mostly inactive in some other mafia games I was reading over. She's probably just busy and forgot she signed up.

An alien being activated seems pretty likely, but we still don't know what the secret roles are. They might have something to do with the fact that no one died. The only suspicious thing I noticed is that Hiikaru keeps trying to lynch demonickittens when no one else seems to want to. I can't tell whether it's an alien tactic, or if he's just trying to get something done. It could also be something different entirely like if he is the inspector and he inspected demonickittens. I am a bit suspicious, but I can't just throw out the possibility of an alien being activated.

That being said I don't know who would be a good idea to lynch. There just doesn't seem like enough evidence.

Do invisible people show up on the "members who have read this thread" list? I think moon-panther surfs invisible, unless I'm mistaking her for FMC - I mean Big Red Cherry Bomb (cannot get used to that name) - again.

I kind of doubt that Hiikaru is the inspector; someone else suggested that before and he didn't acknowledge that at all. Although he might just be reluctant to roleclaim and become a Mafia target. I don't think he's going to get anywhere with his suspicion of demonickittens if he doesn't reveal anything more, though.

Maybe we'll end up having to pick a random person to lynch, then.

Do I show up as having read the thread? I browse on invisible.

Sorry for the double post, I don't like to edit posts in Mafia games...

Yeah, it's probably best not to edit in mafia. It leaves a lot of messy double posts, but it's way easier to tell when new information comes in than reading back over posts just in case someone edited. I think most people would subscribe, but it's problematic regardless.

(Pretend I edited some of the "seems" out of that last post. Blah.)

If moon-panther's safe, I think I'll be keeping my vote for demonickittens for now.

Also, we can take Werefish off the inactivity list. They did post just after we put them into an inactivity-lynch list, but that could also be innocent behaviour; innocents don't want to die either.

Actually, I had an idea that I forgot about. Barubu keeps visiting the thread but hasn't said anything at all even though he was here today as well. From reading other threads (again), he's normally pretty talkative, so that's a little off. It could also be that everyone kept getting suspicious of him for things like posting first, though.

That being said I don't know who would be a good idea to lynch. There just doesn't seem like enough evidence.

There's never enough evidence in the first couple of days. We can either wait, or we can lynch. The latter just gets more people killed (not today, but, again, I imagine that's a fluke, alien or weird healer luck). If we lynch, we can possibly obtain leads.

I'm just focusing on demonickittens because that's the only person I can think of any real reason to lynch besides randomlynch. I'm not set on them if something else comes up, but I'm with Jack on leaving moon-panther for later.

Do invisible people show up on the "members who have read this thread" list? I think moon-panther surfs invisible, unless I'm mistaking her for FMC - I mean Big Red Cherry Bomb (cannot get used to that name) - again.

She's quite visible. Her Pokeball is lit up as I'm typing this, and you can find examples of recent threads where she shows up in the has-read list.

Oh, moon-panther doesn't browse on invisible. I just remembered that I've seen her on the online list a lot in the past few hours.

I also thought it was off that Barubu hasn't said a thing. I was waiting to see if he would post before being specifically mentioned. He apparently hasn't been on since before this day started, though, and there isn't much to say on the first day, really.

Also, we can take Werefish off the inactivity list. They did post just after we put them into an inactivity-lynch list.

That's only because I was ninja'd. There were a lot of posts in a short time, and I actually started typing before that post, if you feel like believing me.

I also thought it was off that Barubu hasn't said a thing. I was waiting to see if he would post before being specifically mentioned. He apparently hasn't been on since before this day started, though, and there isn't much to say on the first day, really.

Oh, I guess you're right. I thought I had seen him on today, but I guess I got him mixed up with someone else viewing the thread.

Since he hasn't been on today, I'm not inclined to see his inactivity as particularly suspicious.

That's only because I was ninja'd. There were a lot of posts in a short time, and I actually started typing before that post, if you feel like believing me.

There were a lot of posts in just a few minutes.

I was having trouble keeping up with them, too, so this is a pretty reasonable explanation.

So unless the vigilante declined to kill last night, it appears two of the three following have occurred: either the victim has been healed or Crazy Cat Lady'd, or... we've got an activated alien in our midst, gulp. I think "tread lightly" goes without saying.

Also, in addition to the several people who have done no more than bandwagon or post "eh, nothing's happened yet, IDK what to say", the following people haven't posted yet.

PEOPLE INCLUDING ME

I'm not saying we go for the nonparticipatory!lynch yet, but if we don't have any leads... just saying.

It also occurs to me to wonder what would happen in the (unlikely) event that the mafia boss didn't stick around to participate after receiving his role, and the followers didn't send in an action for him. Would it be randomized or would there be no mafia kill? Probably a moot point, but I haven't bothered to check who's viewed the thread and who hasn't (if anybody hasn't).

EDIT: Dude, ninja'd by like... everybody.

Sorry, didn't have the time. Lots of homework. Same again today, but I realized I'd probably get lynched if I didn't post anything. Anyway, Abataining until I find evidence to lead me elsewhere.

I'm going to go out on a limb (and out in a blaze of fire) and do something I've never done before: roleclaim.

I am the Inspector, believe it or most likely not, and Hiikaru is innocent. Why am I doing this? Because I'm a cynical evil almost-Mafia-aligned inspector who wants to see the unnamed bad guys win because you don't have information.

And the best part is, you can't just go ahead and lynch me because I've strategically timed this post right after a post reminding people that there might be an activated alien on the loose. I'm so clever. Have fun!

I - I don't even know what to say about that. I was sitting here writing and suddenly we have an inspector claim! What the heck?

I think you're right that we can't lynch you. The mafia ought to hit the alien again tomorrow, though, so if it's you we'll know by then. How sure must you be that there actually is an alien to roleclaim like that?

We've had two nights. Who else have you inspected?

demonickittens, who also showed up as innocent. Watch me die tomorrow night, fwee.

Hmm. I'm not entirely sure you're the inspector, but your claim checks out so far, so I suppose I'll have to withdraw for the time being.

Thanks, now I have to think of something else to do. 8[ Come on guys, I can't be the only one here who thinks we really ought to lynch. An alien is likely, but we're not awfully likely to hit it with this many players.

Re: the "likelihood" of an alien being activated: there are six possible scenarios (mafia and vigilante both kill, (A) 1 victim healed & 1 killer Crazy Cat Lady'd, (B) victims healed & alien, (C) killer CCL'd & victim alien, or only one of them kills, (D) victim healed, (E) killer CCL'd, or (F) victim alien). In other words, there's a fifty-fifty shot that there's an activated alien on the loose. I don't know the regulars here so I don't know who's proved in other games to be good at Mafia, but based on the posts during just the first day of this game, nobody really said much of value except you, Hiikaru. Of course, we shouldn't lynch you because if you are an activated alien you'll kill us all, and if you're not you seem so far to be very useful to our cause.

I'd like to request that IF a healer targeted Hiikaru last night, they continue to do so, and that the other healer does NOT for fear of a healer clash.

That still doesn't leave us with a hunch on who to lynch, but if the Mafia's brains worked the way I just guessed, we've eliminated some of the worry of an alien. I agree that we should lynch today, I just don't have a hunch whom.

Wait, no, scratch that healer plan. It's dangerous if neither healer targeted Hiikaru and the mafia decided to target someone else.

I wasn't going to post, but the roleclaim attained my interest.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that IT COULD BE POSSIBLE that Captain Sea Turtle, demonickittens, and Hiikaru are all mafia together. A great way to convince people of this is to roleclaim Inspector and say that the other mafioso are innocents.

Then you might say, "But Blaziking! The real inspector surely would've come forth by now"

But what if Flora or [O] were the inspector? It would lead to a perfect, yet risky plan for the Inspector?

It's a terrible idea, I know, but let it be known that I contributed.

(wouldn't it be neat if my Internet decided to work properly?)

Special role might also have something to do with it, but, we don't really know what the other roles are and alien is still pretty likely. I'm not sure if someone would have healed me or not. I'm talking a lot and doing things, but this is also my first mafia game.

Blaziking I already thought of that idea but I didn't want to incriminate myself. Also for that plan, the real inspector would probably be afraid to come out even if they're alive. Also Captain Sea Turtle could be mafia enjoying dragging random people into his evil mafia plots.

One idea is to lynch the Captain and see what happens, but who knows if he's an alien or a scary secret role? The mafia could be after him for claiming inspector (if he's not inspector), but if they are then we'd basically be helping them get a free kill. Is it worth it to try? I don't know.

Another vague plan is to try and come up with someone for the Vigilante to kill. He can't help the aliens win, so then we're a little safer with our kills.

Here's an idea: What if we get one healer to reveal themselves and the other one (let's assume there's two - it's a big game and a healer team is common anyway) could stay in hiding. Then one healer can heal the revealed one, and one healer can be directed.

This has its flaws, obviously. The secret healer could get killed (or already be dead), and we'll have to live with only really curing one person per night, but we could interact a lot better with the healers that way.

I'm not sure if this is a plan for early on when the healers are more likely to be alive, or a plan for later when we're more desperate.

Back
Top Bottom