• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ground Zero Mosque

But Frankie Boyle wants to be made a vet so he can violate all the owls and kittens. :c
Wellll everybody has their quirks, don't they?
It's a small price to pay for genius.

Also, there are Churches in Hiroshima.
You know, the place where the largest act of terrorism so far took place?
Yeah, there.

Also, there are Churches in Hiroshima.
You know, the place where the largest act of terrorism so far took place?
Yeah, there.

Umm, the atomic bomb wasn't terrorism, it was an act of war. o.O I think it might have been able to have been handled better, but it wasn't terrorism.

I'm pretty sure killing all those civilians is more terrorism than just an act of war. It's definitely worse than the 9/11 bombings.
I mean, they were used to scare the Japanese into standing down.

Ahem
Terrorism- the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear
Act of War- an act of aggression by a country against another with which it is nominally at peace.

Therefore flying two jet planes into the World Trade Center counts as an act of terror because no country's military was involved and it was a "religious" act. Pearl Harbor was an act of war because it was another country attacking a military stronghold.

The A-bombings on Japan were useds as a "muscle flex" of the US military to make Japan surrender. They were civilian casualties which could have been avoided had another method been taken, but it was still a purely military action and NOT terrorism. Had we not been at war with the country, then yes, but since we were at war no. Besides why are we talking about these events from the past? The topic is about a mosque being built near Ground Zero. '

Note I do not promote the method of the a-bombs being used.

Ahem
Terrorism- the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear
The A-bombings on Japan were useds as a "muscle flex" of the US military to make Japan surrender.
I still consider it terrorism, because it was using fear to achieve aims. Just because America was at war, in my opinion, does not make it less terroristic.

TC said you wouldn't build shinto shrines at Pearl Harbour. I said that there are churches in Hiroshima.

But yeah, it's opinion, so no more arguing in this arguing place, kay?

I respect your opinion, Saith.

It's been a long time since 9/11/01, and I think it's time to move on, not to forget, but to move on. Let a mosque be built near Ground Zero. This hatred for those who did nothing wrong has no point, and it never did.

Is Shintoism still around? No offense to them but I didn't think anyone observed the "one day this guy went and washed his face in a river and then his eye fell out and turned into the Sun God!" kind of religion any more.

119 million Shinto practitioners in the world, plus people who carry out Shinto practices out of tradition.

Is Shintoism still around? No offense to them but I didn't think anyone observed the "one day this guy went and washed his face in a river and then his eye fell out and turned into the Sun God!" kind of religion any more.
As if the mythology of the religions that are more common in the western world makes so much more sense....

Well, watch the video anyway, if you have twelve minutes. I learned a thing or two from it, too! It has real photos of the place and stuff like that. I mean, honest, as a learning experience. It brings up a few points that I don't think anybody's mentioned yet, as well.

Honestly, being outnumbered in a debate is a pain no matter how mind-blowing your arguments are because you have to respond to so many freaking people (who probably would not be convinced by your arguments anyway so yeah) that eventually you get tired. I've been in the same situation and having decent arguments really doesn't help if everyone's just hammering you with the same thing.

eh, true. trying to fight against several is a pain. it's easier on the internet, but.

Back
Top Bottom