• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ground Zero Mosque

Well, it comes down to it just being a personal problem then. I guess it's good that you don't want other peoples' feelings to be hurt (but at the same time I'm sure this hurts the feelings of those innocent Muslims who just want a new mosque, so I don't know, I guess I'm thinking too well of people again), but sometimes it's really just something they need to get over because it's inconveniencing other people for no good reason, such as making a lot of unnecessary and unwarranted hubbub about this mosque. What I'm getting from this is that you think that it's "not the right thing to do" because the extremists happened to be Muslim and/or it would insult/offend/whatever the people whose families died there. But those are both pretty dumb reasons. As for the first, that can be chalked up to unfortunate coincidence (I'm pretty sure they're not building there BECAUSE it's two blocks from ground zero, just that the best available place happened to be two blocks from ground zero), and the second is a personal problem that's neither yours, mine nor the mosque's problem, and they need to move on from that themselves instead of imposing it on other people.

Last edited:

Yes, 1300 years ago.

Doing some research, I found out that one of the supporting groups for this mosque was a group dedicated to fostering relations between the US and Islamic countries. Seeing as that's the direct opposite of the terrorist's view, I'm kinda concluding that it has nothing to do with conquest or whatever the heck you're talking about.

Wait a sec, how did you figure that out?

Seeing as this guy refuses to release his funding and all.

Wait a sec, how did you figure that out?

Seeing as this guy refuses to release his funding and all.

I found a newspaper article.

said article said:
While the director of the Cordoba Project, Imam Faisel Rauf, would not disclose specific information, the project is known to be a group effort of several mainstream Muslim groups, such as the American Society for Muslim Advancement, whose primary focus is to foster understanding and improved relationships between Islam and the West.

When I first heard of this I was all "wow they actually took Frankie Boyle's suggestion"

Then I found out it was a few blocks away and the world became less surreal.

To Pwnemon: "conquest" can just mean spread of their religion, a conquest against the forces of evil, to bring people to a lighter side. The building of a mosque could help people better stay with their Islamic faith, and help conquer the evil that is threatening to invade their mind... or something like that.
Not really worded the way I wanted it to be, but I hope you get my point.
To Flora: That was only one of many different groups working together to build the mosque; they might have let one go through just so that others think that they're cumpletely pure of mind. (Although I trust them completely, I'm just providing an alternate point).

This is getting so much attention that when I first heard about the controvercy, I thought the mosque was built ON ground-zero

Last edited:
i don't give a flat to any religious extremism.

I think that Westboro Baptist Church is moronic and needs to shut up before I have to never show my face out of shame. I don't pass them just because we're both baptist and I don't think that anyone should pass the extremists off because they were extreme.

The fact that you think this post is at all relevant to the point I was making is astonishing. I have spoken to a lot of people in my lifetime. I have spoken to people who's intelligence eclipses mine so much, while talking with them I could only listen in awe. I have spoken to people who have such minimal intelligence that they had to periodically update their orientation of left and right to make sure they weren't getting it wrong.

But never in my life have I met someone so willfully ignorant as you. Someone who deliberately chooses to be in the wrong. Someone who would rather hold on to ideas that have been shown to flawed and false, rather than even consider that other ideas have merit or, deity forbid, change their mind on something. Someone with such an ego that they can't accept the fact that their opinion is not necessarily the correct one and when given reasonable, logical arguments to the contrary, simply ignore said arguments and make some tangently-related comment to maintain some false semblance of intelligence.

You sir, are a willfully ignorant fool, you are neither a gentleman, nor a scholar and you are certainly not a good judge of bad whiskey.

EDIT: And let it be said that only once before have I ever felt compelled to use that final denunciation, and that was to ChaseTheHedgehog, the pinnacle of unintelligence on the Internet. Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Morons.

Last edited:
I don't know if this relates, but my step-grandfather said that he thinks that the towers didn't fall because of the hijacked planes, but because of an unrelated deconstruction plot. I was wondering if anyone shares these beliefs and will clarify. (It doesn't really make sense to me, but it's an alternate (lingual) theory, and all (lingual) theories have to hold at least some weight, or the theory wouldn't exist).

There used to be a conspiracy theory that Bush wanted the towers down in order to start a war with the Middle East and gain oil.

It's complete bunk though.

Pwnemon, according to your profile you are 13. That means you were around five years old during 9/11. How much do you remember of the feelings; ie where you were? Did you ever visit Ground Zero? Did you ever visit the World Trade Center before it fell? Did you know anyone inside of it? I did, my cousin died in tower 1. I knew he worked there cause I visited the year beforehand. I watched with my classmates as the tower fell and I knew he was in there. I watched family, school friends, and soon my best friend in the world join up and head overseas. To this day Justin is still over there, last I heard Usa Afganistan.

As a person who lost someone I can say, it's not 'salt on the wound'. I find it comforting. It is for me a symble of hope for peace. They are trying to make ammends for what the extreemists of their own faith did to innocent lives, and you're going to say you would deny them that? Tell us your own words, not borrowed ones.

Yeah, I mean I prefer to believe in the American government's incompetence, myself.
It's pretty comforting to know that they have a reason to be so insecure about their security. It's better than thinking that Americans are naturally just trigger happy or something.

I think we should take all of Frankie Boyle's suggestions.

But Frankie Boyle wants to be made a vet so he can violate all the owls and kittens. :c

It would be like Japan building a Shinto Shrine at Pearl Harbor

Is Shintoism still around? No offense to them but I didn't think anyone observed the "one day this guy went and washed his face in a river and then his eye fell out and turned into the Sun God!" kind of religion any more.

Back
Top Bottom