• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

You guys will never know my powers because not even I know my powers
4b4svd.jpg

-m

Ahahaha, I just realized... If RNP is telling the truth about his role, and I use my Attract power on RNP, none of the mafia would be able to target RNP and he would find out who all the mafia are.
i've gotten used to these things working in the most frustrating possible way so mf would probably say "well, technically your ability is you targetting yourself, so now it's you letting vm use it, yadda yadda eat shit"

You guys will never know my powers because not even I know my powers
They meowst be pretty powerful, then 🙀
pretty sure he's just saying he didn't read his role pm
i say this because that's a jojo reference and stryke is an asshole
Wait a meowment, it's a JoJo-reference? What part is that from? (I meowst admit that I'm currently binging JoJo very, very slowly and didn't chatch it someow 😸)

I awaken

Going through the quotes I picked out while browsing through the thread, it looks like most of what I wanted to say got semi-addressed or became moot later in the thread, but I don't think anything I want to say was exactly already said, so eh, have a bunch of quotes that are only partially tangentially relevant:

a possibility I've not seen mentioned yet: there was no N0 kill because the mafia's nightkill has a badge cost.
Hm, I considered that momentarily, but mentally tossed it aside bc I realized that as far as we know (per the signup thread), the only way to get badges is for dead people to distribute them. So if both mafia and vig!Zori require badges to kill, we would just plain have no nightkills at all unless we yeet someone AND that person then distributes their badges to mafia or vig. That seems unbalanced to me, so I feel like Occam's Razor is that the mafia nightkill must not be badge-locked.

I admit I am most concerned about RNP's claim. Pardon my language, but surely this is quite the "bastard" role, is it not? If we have no other choices today, it seems our best option may be to vote RNP, since losing such a role would not be a great loss to the town if he is telling the truth, and it will only continue to be a source of confusion for us in the long run.
I think I would rather wait for D2 and see whether anyone can confirm or deny his claim. I feel like the instinct to yeet people because their roles are "not a great loss to town", rather than because they actually seem scummy for any reason, has helped contribute to a lot of the past tcodf town losses so far.

I will volunteer to use my action on him if no one confirms it today, since my power is not all that useful on its own.
I can try too, although (bc of how my action works) I'm not sure whether it would trigger his thing or not. More tries from more not-that-useful people is a good thing, though, I think.

(Although useful people should prob stay away from RNP in case he somehow really is galaxy brain mafia that kills everyone who targets him??????)

where the fuck is stryke
Meow about we lynch an inactive player for lack of a better option? 😺
Stryke
I definitely do not think an inactive yeet accomplishes anything, especially less than halfway through D1

best-case scenario it procs the rand% chance of them being scum but we get no useful info out of checking isos/interactions; worst-case scenario they're town and we get no useful info

-----

not sure how I feel about Zori at this time, I was pretty :unsure: at first and that sense has lessened somewhat, but idk whether that's actually me reading her posts positively or if she's just good at pocketing (could be both tbh)

Ultracool has been kind of :unsure: ing me too, but before I decide whether to put my vote on him I want to go back and reread to a) iso him and b) compile a vote count

I will volunteer to use my action on him if no one confirms it today, since my power is not all that useful on its own.
I can try too, although (bc of how my action works) I'm not sure whether it would trigger his thing or not. More tries from more not-that-useful people is a good thing, though, I think.

(Although useful people should prob stay away from RNP in case he somehow really is galaxy brain mafia that kills everyone who targets him??????)
If you target him, and I target him, your action is just going to be redirected onto me.

VM does your role stop your target from making an action, or is it solely a redirect? :O If you don't wanna disclose that, that's fine too!

Hi Jack and Stryke btw!!! And anyone else that popped in whilst I was sleeping! 😄

It's rough trimming a longpost on mobile, but I think Jack has a good point about uhhhh the fact that if mafia needs badges to kill folks, it's a bit lopsided? 😲 A bit oddly balanced? Unless M&F really wants to turn around the wolf winstreak, hehe!

We can probably analyse this more if N1 is also deathless (heals and blocks notwithstanding!) but in any case we really gotta be careful about who to give badges to. If RNP has a super badge-powered mafia-outing megamove, I'm worried about what maf could do if they accumulate badges. Not that we can really track such a thing, but it's a scary thought!

I need to do an official Hydrate and Refill Insulin, so make sure all y'all look after yourself too! 😄 Have a food if you need nutrient!

Back
Top Bottom