• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Has Pokemon Lost its Touch?

Has the anime lost its touch?

• Yes, I can't bear to watch the newer episodes, but love the original episodes

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • The newer stuff has its moments

Votes: 64 35.2%
  • It's just as good as before!

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • It's just as bad as before!

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • I don't watch the anime

Votes: 28 15.4%

• Total voters
I must say that I like the old ones better. The old episodes are cliched, sure, but the newer ones are even worse. You'd think they will actually come up with something good after they ran out of cliched plots, but no....

I just wish it wasn't the same thing everytime. I mean, the old episodes were awesome but the newer ones just suck in my eyes. Ash isn't even a main character anymore (not trying to be sexist) but Dawn, Team Rocket, and Paul seem to have become the main characters while Ash follows behind them. Ash has just became boring because he isn't trying to catch them all.

I agree with what some one said a few posts ago. At the end of each series Pikachu is like super powerful lvl. 80 and owns everybody. Then in the next series, he's some pethetic little lvl. 10 and faints to the first gym leader. Also, whey does Ash keep dumping his awesome Pokemon with Prof. Oak? He could own everyone if he didn't. I find that pretty stupid.

All in all I think the new episodes are way worse the older ones which were awesome. The new episodes do have there moments though.

I definitely think that DP is an improvement, though the aura thing is... I dunno really, but I don't think that it's exactly necessary. But there has been some nice stuff and there really haven't been horribly dull fillers. I especially like the game references. Mind you, Pokemon is back in house, and that might be why it's good.

As far as 4Kids losing their touch? I honestly believe they never had it.

I definitely think that DP is an improvement, though the aura thing is... I dunno really, but I don't think that it's exactly necessary. But there has been some nice stuff and there really haven't been horribly dull fillers. I especially like the game references. Mind you, Pokemon is back in house, and that might be why it's good.

As far as 4Kids losing their touch? I honestly believe they never had it.

All they did was voice it. But seriously, Ash's voice just gets on my nerves. At least Veronica Taylor didn't sound like a girl trying to sound like a boy! Heck, I didn't know Ash was a girl until the end of the Pokemon 2000 Movie. Sarah blah blah doesn't pause with her words and talks to fast.

I wish Veronica stayed Ash's VA, because I don't Sarah like either, and she doesn't do good job of voicing Ash at all. Why make a perfect boy sound so... WRONG?! It's just not right. I do like Brock a tiny bit better in the newer stuff. Emphasis on tiny.

I wish Veronica stayed Ash's VA, because I don't Sarah like either, and she doesn't do good job of voicing Ash at all. Why make a perfect boy sound so... WRONG?! It's just not right. I do like Brock a tiny bit better in the newer stuff. Emphasis on tiny.

Deeper but squeakier.

Ash is 20.

Not necessarily. They only mentioned his birthday (okay, it was the day he got Pikachu, but that was his birthday) once, and that was in the 3rd movie short.

The new anime is okay. My favorite episode comes from there.

I don't like the new episodes, because the plots (in my opinion) aren't that good and Dawn is seriously annoying. I think they should bring Misty back because she was awesome and have some good plotting! And forget that "Paul" guy, Gary was better. It went downhill a while after the Jhoto series.....;-;

..I know one Battle Frontier plot that should have been the movie because the fate of the world was resting in Pikachu's hands. :D
Yep, plots where things like the world rest in one's hands would be good for a movie. :D

I'd say the biggest problem with the newer stuff, is that the animation has become horribly lazy.

They only move at certain times.

Not necessarily. They only mentioned his birthday (okay, it was the day he got Pikachu, but that was his birthday) once, and that was in the 3rd movie short.

The new anime is okay. My favorite episode comes from there.

I like some of the episodes but I just don't like how they take so horribly long to get a move on. And if they are going to delay everything afterwards then they should make a half decent episode where something happens like a battle or an evolution. I don't want to see a new episode where the gang finally meets a Cherrim. Or them trying to stop a huge Geodude from rolling downhill and crushing some town who didn't think about how you shouldn't build a town right under Rock Slide peak or so near the water that one little disturbance could cause them all to drown.

I just wish they show some half decent Pokemon instead of wasting an episode helping some random Pokemon in some random town do some random thing.

I think the anime was better before Hoenn. I guess maybe it's because I was younger when I watched the older episodes, but the episodes seem so boring now. And I really hate Dawn.

I don't really have any issues with the voice actors, though.

Back
Top Bottom