• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Has Pokemon Lost its Touch?

Has the anime lost its touch?

• Yes, I can't bear to watch the newer episodes, but love the original episodes

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • The newer stuff has its moments

Votes: 64 35.2%
  • It's just as good as before!

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • It's just as bad as before!

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • I don't watch the anime

Votes: 28 15.4%

• Total voters
So, most Pokemon fans have watched the anime. The first many seasons were great, but I do believe that the writers / dubbers have lost their touch (Mainly the dubbers by ruining the, er, dubs). What do you think?

Not really. DP has been very surpising for alot of the people watching the Japanese version. And the dub's better than when 4kids had it.

Yes

Brock should go back to Pewter. He's a bad role model for the little boys, since he's too much of a flirt. Tracy should come back to replace him, and both May AND Dawn should be with Ash. Also, have Ash obtain a strong Pokemon for once, like Rhyperior or something.

And Digimon's anime has ALWAYS been much better.

Hmm, Misty should come back. She's my favorite anime character. It should definately be May, Misty, Pikachu, and Tracey. (Who needs Ash?)
I need Ash! Anyway, they did kinda lose that special touch at the end of Johto. And yes, Misty should arise from the lost character graveyard. But it's still a bit intresting for me to watch. (And if Ash is still in it, I'll totally watch it!)

It has it's moments but I don't like the fact that they have so many fillers. I mean for to love of jack, its been a year and he still only has two badges? Misty should come back. She had that personality. I also liked it better when ash was a crap trainer who strived to be the best. Now he beats everyone in impossible battles that could never happen. I wish Misty was back on it. There are way too many fillers and he catches boring pokemon.

Honestly the pokemon anime has lost its touch for me becouse of the simple fact that im getting sick and tired of seeing pikachu fight big okemon like charizord and winning.

I mean how about Luxray vs umbreon or Enti vs Raikou. Tyranitar vs Aggron seems cool and I know they want to exxpress how the little guy can beat anyone plus they think every time pikachu says its name its cute. All im asking is they switch things around a bit

I need Ash! Anyway, they did kinda lose that special touch at the end of Johto. And yes, Misty should arise from the lost character graveyard. But it's still a bit intresting for me to watch. (And if Ash is still in it, I'll totally watch it!)

We need Ash for sanity reasons. (And in my case, fanfic reasons. My fanfic would be non-existant if Ash disappeared.)

I kinda wish it was non-existant.

We know.

Also, I like Misty better than Dawn and May.

Also also, we need Brock for comedic reasons.

It has it's moments but I don't like the fact that they have so many fillers. I mean for to love of jack, its been a year and he still only has two badges?
If you watch the Japanese version, he has four. And when he got his fourth none of his Pokémon fainted. Also next ep his Gligar will evolve.

I dunno. The new DP episodes are actually kind of watchable but I stopped watching obsessively after Johto and have only watched random episodes since. Nothing in the show has ever grabbed me like it once did since then. The movies never seem loose their touch though, for me anyway. :B

It's very difficult for me to put it in perspective because a 12-year-old watching a cartoon made for 12-year-olds will enjoy it more than an 18-year-old watching the same thing.

When I was a kid, I'd get up and sneak downstairs every Saturday morning to watch it on GMTV and thought it was the best thing in the world. Now I don't watch it at all and it wasn't that thrilling last time I saw it and the voice acting made me cringe.

I just don't know if it's because it's gotten worse, I've gotten older, or both.

I think they should get rid of Brock. He's just there way to much, when Misty would be a much better traveling companion. I also liked May and Tracy better. Dawn...well, she's ok.

Other than that, I really hate the lessons of equality and caring and love they keep shoving down our throats.

Ash...he's a surfer dude.
Seriously, listen to some of the stuff he says. Especially in the Battle frontier series. He's also a hopeless retard. He can't hold memory of anything Brock has told him before, just to spell it out to the watchers. D:

Well, from what I've seen, only at the end of Kanto and Johto was any good. If you've seen the first couple episodes, Ash seems a bit... out of it. Plus, there was this girl named Sakura, who had an Espeon. She said she would definitely see them again, and she appeared once. She needs to come back, because she was actually competition to Ash. So were her sisters, they had all the Eeveelutions available in Johto.

Back
Top Bottom