• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Heaven and Hell

Nope

hopefully back??
Pronoun
any
Heaven and Hell
-Escaping the jails and returing to earth-

You play as one of the 7 Deadly Sins/Heavenly Virtues, trying to escape the Hell/Heaven jail, with only one clue left by Justice, the 8th Heavenly Virtue.

"You have to do the opposite. Even though it may stride against your nature."

OCC thread here

Also, how do you make a poll? :/

Last edited:
We're going to start.

---
Lucifer wandered restlessly the underground. Where the other Sins were, didn't matter, at least not to him. His paws silently met the ground as he walked in circles, trying to think of how to get out of this... this hell. Agh. There was nothing there. Only red sand, red rocks, red and black walls, dark shadows everywhere and more hell. Flames, red flames, black flames, purple flames. There was nothing to do, except pondering on Justice's last words before he locked the portal that would take them to earth: "You have to do the opposite. Even though it may stride against your nature"

He and the other Sins had been there how long? Maybe 1 minute, a year, 100 years, a millennia! It was impossible to keep track of the time. Pride knew, he had tried.

"Fuck." He growled lowly. What's the opposite supposed to mean? Stop walking in circles? Stop ponding the question? "Fuck." He growled again, this time lower. This question was im-poss-ib-le.

"Goddammit. What's it supposed to mean? Why couldn't it just let us out of this fucking hell?"

The Typhlosion's shadowy flare flared and slowly stretched out, grabbed a black rock that blood oozed out of, then crushed it to pieces.

I want to get out of this fucking hell and show my powers! Destroy humans! Make them scream in pain as I crush their skulls with my fire! His flare became sharp and pointy and he swiftly cut another one of the bloodrocks in half.

But most of all, kill those fucking Virtues. Those goddamned pieces of pokémon shit. And especially Humility. That one is the worst. Showing respect for other of those shits. Fuck. It's sickening. He crushed another bloodrock.

Meanwhile, the 7 heavenly virtues was in Heaven, also wondering how to get out, and possibly stop the 7 Deadly Sins, if they had gotten out. Justice had locked the hole in the clouds down to earth.

Verity fluttered up a spiralling tower of fluffy cloud, her large wings beating slowly and serenely as she flew. She looked around at the endless white clouds, interrupted occasionally with flashes of brightest blue sky, and the gleaming diamond fortresses that were dotted around.

She reached the top of the cloudy spire and flew into a small 'cave' in the side - her home. She pushed aside a piece of cloud with a wing and gazed for a few moments at the three eggs that rested there - white eggs, covered in blue and red triangles.

Verity smiled and whispered a few loving words, then covered the eggs again and launched herself out of the cave.

Sometimes she wished she could return to earth. She'd heard that there were some rather nasty wars going on at the moment. Maybe she'd be able to stop them by making everyone understand freedom of opinion?

Then she thought of the sins - especially Greed. If the Virtues were allowed back to earth, so the Sins would be too. And that would not be good. And things that weren't good were bad things. And bad things... weren't good.

Michael stood unmoving, arms folded across his chest, deep in contemplation.

Justice's final words echoed around his head, still as vauge as they had been the first time

But the opposite of what? And many things will stride against a nature, but what would make any one thing so special. And does it apply to all of us or each one in turn?

Someone will be able to solve the riddle. I can only prey that it is a virtue and not a sin which can solve it first.

Perhaps it is a good thing I am here. At least Lucifer has been sealed in hell, where he can do no harm. But it seems humanity doesn't need him to suffer from pride, and to fight and kill. Rumours are all that reach this place, but if they are true perhaps humanity needs us.

Bitil, restless as always, slowly flew across the landscapes of hell, pondering the message.

The opposite... my opposite is... patience, was it not? So this Justice expects me to wait? Ha. When my prison freezes over.

And yet...

I haven't seen any of the other Sins in quite some time. I wonder if they've had any progress in this riddle.

Only one way to find out...

He concentrated, and six more Bitils appeared before him.

"See if you can find any of the others. If you do, send up a signal. Just don't stray too far. You know that if you get out of range, you'll vanish."

The other Bitils muttered an affirmative, and took flight.

And now, I go to seek my brethren myself

Solon was laying in her cage, surrounded by white and blue, clouds and sky. She was wondering about the last words of Justice, "You have to do the opposite. Even though it may stride against your nature." She wanted to understand what it meant, Must I try to break out? What must I do to escape? she thought.

Last edited:
(( Hey people, you're not in cages, you're just sealed in Heaven or Hell, and can't come through the portal/hole-in-sky-thing. I simply call it jail. I won't continue saying "in the sealed off Heaven/Hell.", as it would take much more time and it'll look strange if I repeat it 3 or 4 times. Got it?

EDIT: Lucifer sprite walking on all fours.

LuciferPride.png
))

Last edited:
Wait, Lucifer is my opposite, which is probably the opposite Justice was talking about. So that means I must become like him. Full of pride. But can I survive without becoming like him? I cannot judge that. I need to be able to keep a little of myself locked away, deep within me, and thus I cannot do this alone.

Michael's wings unfolded and he soared majestically through heaven, seeking out another imprisoned Virtue who could help him preserve his own.

Though the words rang through Sloth's head, he only flopped weakly and lay still again. He knew that the cryptic words were pointless to try to follow. Well, if anyone even bothered to figure it out, and that too was a waste of time. The only interpretation he could get from it was that everyone would have to act like their greatest enemy, the opposite virtues.

So stupid.

They couldn't just go against their natures, fighting against what made them the sins they were; the futile effort wouldn't even get them anywhere but further into despair. And even if they managed, figuring out how to do that and sticking to it, they wouldn't escape. Prisons were just not that easy to get out of. Just swapping one character attribute for another wouldn't suddenly give them the ability to do some dimension-hopping. They'd have to do even more work... how pointless.

And even if they did, then what? Earth couldn't be that great... well, it had more water, but Earth would be another hellhole, practically. And then they'd have to do something about the virtues... urgh. They'd have to do fighting or something. Yeah. Right. They'd fail and then have to war against them or they might actually succeed, yay! ...and then have to ensure the bastards were locked up forever. He'd probably have to meet up with Diligence, too.

Fuck that.

Sloth wiggled a bit, flopping on the ground some more.

Yeah, there was no point doing anything. Why the hell was everyone bothering with it?

Turquoise licked her fingers, and pondered the riddle a bit. She was full and sleepy, so it took her a bit to get a result.
To do the opposite, I have to stop eating.
But if you don't eat for a certain amount of time, you'll die, right?

She had learned that the actual amount of time was around 3 weeks when she was young, but had never really gotten the message, and had forgotten the little detail she did get out of it, besides how you had to eat to live.
She yawned. All this thinking was making her tired. She decided to to eat one more cookie, then sleep.

Fluffy clouds. Bright blue skies. It was very pretty, but she'd been here for... she didn't know how long. But this was Patience, and that's what she was. Twilight was annoyed that she had to stay here, but she could do nothing about it, so here she was. Sitting, licking her paws and staring into space.
Did that mean she had to be impatient? Unforgiving? Wrathful? That had to be impossible. She was everything but that. Still, that's what Justice had said. Even if Twilight Patience wasn't just that, she wouldn't really mind. But she missed Earth and the humans on it. Sure, they were messed up, impatient, violent... but that's why there were the seven virtues, right? To help them? But it wouldn't matter unless she and the others got out.
She stretched slowly, looking around at her surroundings. The Espeon began walking with no destination in mind. She starting singing to herself, still deep in thought.

Luc was stuck in Hell. His own personal hell. He was sitting there, flames next to him, and he was whining. "Why?" he wondered, "Would anyone dump ME? I have everything! Money, phones, cars, clothes.... WHY?" he started sobbing. He made a coin appeared, and threw it into the red-hot flames that was everywhere in Hell. He started thinking. "Maybe seeing some money'll cheer me up." He stood from the ledge he was sitting on, and walked away, towards his own unique haven.

Last edited:
Viviana changed to a Flying type. Her red body fur turned white, and the rest of herself- paws, tail, her eyes, and the fur on her head- turned sky blue. Her wings expanded, letting her fly around, blending in with the sky. While she flew around, softly and gracefully, she thought.
Do the opposite, huh? Does that mean, once I start something, I abandon it, or don't care about it after 5 minutes of working on it? I can't do that. It's just not my nature. The one thing she didn't want to have to do was fight with the Sins. Especially not that meet up with that crappy Sloth. Are you kidding?
Actually, I don't exactly wanna go back to Earth, but staying here forever is also not the best option in my opinion.
While she thought, she started to get bored. She decided to look around for Twilight, her friend, as well as the other Virtues who were trapped with Viviana in Heaven.

One of the Bitils was flying about when he spotted someone.

Or, to be more accurate, something

Great. Just great. Of all the ones I had to find, it's this one? I'd rather see Glutonny than this one.

Still, he didn't want to disappoint himself, so he flew toward the Gallade that he recognized as one of the fellow Sins.

Last edited:
Ketsu sighed, looking around her own section of heaven. Fluffy clouds were everywhere, looking like floating pull balls. The sky around her was robin's-egg blue and the sun was bright. She ran a golden hand though golden hair.

"You have to do the opposite. Even though it may stride against your nature.

She sighed again, trying to figure out those cryptic words. Opening her wings, she flapped them once... Twice... Three times before taking to the air. Catching a thermal, she hoped to find a fellow Virtue that could help her figure those words out.

The feeling of Hell is not something a water-type pokemon can find enjoyable or even become accustomed to after such an interminable amount of time as the Sins had been trapped there. Lotus was no exception.

"RAAGH! Why does it have to be so damn hot down here?!" With an angry flick of her tail Lotus tore a gash in the red rock walls of the chamber. The even darker red stain of blood flowed down to the ground where it mingled with the pool of sizzling liquid surrounding and coating her body. "Why must it be so hard to ask for a little water?! I'll bet Heaven isn't like this; the Virtues are probably having a grand old time! Justice must've sent us here only for my own torture. The only other Sin that relies on water is Sloth and he's incapable of caring about anything."

But such is the nature of Envy. An anger for those with what is not one's own, and an urge to destroy those differences in the most painful manner possible. One such difference was the painful absence of any pure water; in this chamber Lotus had designated as her own personal sanctuary there was no water or anything else a living creature would want, only a stream of lava flowing into a pit in the corner and exiting down a small river to realms unknown. Even if she waited long enough for the water her body naturally created to fill up the room without boiling to vapor, it would be far too salty for her to swim in.

Her umpteenth fit of rage for this particular matter subsided, only to be replaced with a far more recent issue: "How to escape Hell". "To perform the opposite of our nature...bah, how disgusting." Lotus rested her green head on a rock as she thought to herself; the teary film covering her fizzed on the heated surface into an awful goo. "That would force me to be...nice to someone. I don't give a damn about anyone else, why would it be any different the other way around? Besides, there's no one here! How can I show kindness to those Sins; none of them are likable in the least! I don't even know where any of them are..."

But she lifted her head, having heard something in the distance: a loud racket somewhere down the tunnel, angry yells and the sound of multiple somethings being smashed apart. "Lucky me, I get to catch a Sin in one of their mood swings." Lotus rose, the ooze gluing her to the stone coming apart with a "schlock", and slithered out of her sanctuary into the outside world.

Although she had had her suspicions, she was praying to whatever god who would still listen to her that the Sin would not be who she believed it would be. Unfortunately, it was indeed Lucifer, probably the least agreeable of all available beings who could provide assistance to her current quest. But that was no reason for her not to have a little fun with this situation. Lotus concentrated hard, and the air began to ripple, distorting as new shape was brought forth and the black and red colors gave way to the winged form of Humility. Knowing Lucifer, he's too angry to wonder why a Virtue would be in Hell, she thought with a smirk, moving behind a rock for concealment as she willed the heavenly Gallade to life.

"But why be so angry?" the image said plainly, raising a hand to his chest to express honesty - at least as honest as something that isn't real can be. "You are Pride, a powerful and most handsome pokemon. And yet even in Hell, you continue to live undeterred; I doubt that I, or any other Virtue for that matter, would ever be able to endure such a feat."

Lucifer charged at another rock with his flames, and the pieces shattered as the shadow crushed it. The blood mixed with the red surface of Hell.

Then he heard something. Someone was behind him. That voice... Even though it was a long time since he had heard it, he could knew who it was. "Humility!" He turned and saw that disgusting virtue. "Yes," His shadowy flare raged even harder, and it quickly removed itself from the shattered pieces from the rock he had shattered before and turned towards the winged Gallade, "I'm indeed powerful and handsome, unlike you." The shadows reached closer, until the Gallade was surrounded by them. However, they didn't strike, Lucifer wanted to ask him something first.

"What are you doing here, Humility?" He said, with disgust in his voice

Something white and blue flew by above Twilight's head. A Vulpix with wings. She turned quickly around and ran after her. Maybe they could talk..
"Hey, Viviana! Down here?"
It'd be really nice to have wings right about now. Oh well. She'll see me.

Luc kicked some rocks. He was thinking of the phrase. You have to do the opposite... "I have to NOT want anything?" he said. "Why, that's preposterous! Then I'll be thinking the same way as that idiot Liberality!" He continued to walk towards his secret stash of money, but saw a huge Snorlax blocking the way. Luc poked her. "Erm... EXCUSE ME!" he yelled.

Last edited:
(( Store? In Heaven? o.O No sorry, but I don't think heaven has a store. There's only white clouds and blue skies as far as eyes can see. ))

Back
Top Bottom