• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Given that god is real) God designed man and women. he designed them to be able to have sex, and as a result have childern. Homosexuality is a corruption of what he designed, and as (Given that god is real) he knows what's best for us, homosexuals have defied him when they should probably be thanking him for existing.

Yes, but god isn't real so you have no point. You can believe he is real, but there is no evidence to support that belief, so don't try to debate using it.

(Given that god is real) God designed man and women. he designed them to be able to have sex, and as a result have childern. Homosexuality is a corruption of what he designed, and as (Given that god is real) he knows what's best for us, homosexuals have defied him when they should probably be thanking him for existing.

er, but shouldn't "he" want his people to be happy? why would he get mad at them from doing fun things?

My theories and opinions are not complete and perfectly formed, and clearly it would take a lot of effort to convince even one person that my point has value.
Perhaps you should take some responsibility for your own beliefs and actually think them through before you charge off to impose them on the rest of the world.

I am only stating that in my opinion using evidence I have that homosexuality is a fault (which would appear to be also present in animals).
You have not provided any evidence at all. You have only made unfounded statements. You have also not at all explored why a "fault" is the same as evil.

Regarding aging in animals: animals were designed to age; only humens were designed to have an infinate lifespan
This is another very convenient assertion but, again, you are neither showing why it is so nor showing why animals have physical and mental disorders.

I have a religion, and as a result a feeling of 'why should humans decide what they should do when there's someone who knows humanity better than humans'.
Because we are a mature and sentient species and it is absurd to suggest that we should accept laws handed down by a third party without question. The country you live in, in fact, was explicitly founded as a reaction against such a situation and specifically crafted to avoid letting it happen again. Absolute authority is just another name for a dictatorship. If a third party supposedly knows us better than we know ourselves, then it should explain itself rather than simply making nonsensical assertions.

My 'mythology' was used in order to prove the validity of jesus as the christ. Why, if you're trying to prove validity would you use a myth?
This does not make any semantic sense. Are you trying to claim that Christian mythology is in fact not mythology?

Of course my theories require you to accept the theory that the bible is not factual (again another issue).
The Bible is not factual. You have been deeply misled by the Great Houndoom Beneath the Ground. The one true lord is the Great Eevee in the Sky (praise be to His Fluff), who lords over everything except when he is taking a nap. The Tome of the Great Eevee says this to be true, therefore it must be true.

As no-one here would accept that there's no point in me continuing is there?
Both your proposal and your methods are full of flaws, not the least of which is the question of religion. You continue to ignore questions I ask and points I make, instead opting to assert some other interpretation of your mythology which is not even generally agreed upon by followers of your religion. Your logic is faulty at best and appears to be going backwards; you start with "homosexuality is wrong" and try to make up steps that will lead you there. You still have not, ultimately, explained why you believe homosexuality to be wrong. You take the extremely offensive stance that what I do in my bedroom is approximately morally equivalent to slaughtering thirty innocent people.

Your belief is misguided and useless. Homosexuality does not cause direct harm to anyone, whereas attempts to "stop" it frequently lead to emotional distress and all manner of broken relationships. I suggest you think long and hard about how it would feel to be told that being straight is evil and that if you are straight then something is wrong with you. That is how you are going to make everyone else feel if you parade around this antiquated notion you hold.

I must question why you are a theist in the first place, but I suspect I will have ample opportunity to explore this in the future.

ADDENDUM
(Given that god is real) God designed man and women. he designed them to be able to have sex, and as a result have childern. Homosexuality is a corruption of what he designed
Well, that sucks for him.

Let's say I manage to write a computer program that learns to think for itself and essentially becomes a life form. Should I be granted full control over this independent life? Is it evil or faulty if it decides to do something I didn't originally intend? Do I retain the right to torture this independent being -- not for killing anyone or otherwise breaking laws, but merely for not doing what I wanted?

and as (Given that god is real) he knows what's best for us
How does he know what's best for us? All he did was build the body and wind it up. Moreover, even if he were correct, why is it evil merely to not act in the most efficient way? It's best for everyone to do a lot of things they don't do, but nobody says it's evil to, say, run Windows.

Please respond to my questions; I tire of asking again and again why you are jumping from "not what I expected" to "evil".

homosexuals have defied him
Not all homosexuals believe your god even exists.
Most Christian homosexuals (and a lot of other Christians besides) also do not believe God gives half a damn whether or not people are gay.

Do I really need to go into excruciating detail on why holding others to your deity's standards is ridiculous?

when they should probably be thanking him for existing.
Creating life is almost always caused by selfishness, and Christian mythology is no different. God created humans for company. I have no reason to be thankful for such an act. It was not a favor; it was entirely self-serving.

Last edited:
Regarding aging in animals: animals were designed to age; only humens were designed to have an infinate lifespan

You don't have an infinite lifespan.

I have a religion, and as a result a feeling of 'why should humans decide what they should do when there's someone who knows humanity better than humans. I know thats a different topic but it's relevent.

Humans should decide what they should do because, holy crap get this, they're humans. I don't see why I should be taking life advice from some immaterial guy in the sky who may or may not exist, the latter most probable, who created us only to punish us.

I still stand by my belief that any god who lets his creations suffer does not deserve worship or acknowledgement.

My 'mythology' was used in order to prove the validity of jesus as the christ. Why, if you're trying to prove validity would you use a myth?

Actually, the only proof I know that Jeebus existed is a Roman obituary, but I forgot where I found it so I can't check it's validity.

Oh, and how is he valid, in any way? Far as I know he was just some guy who got nailed to a crucifix.

(Given that god probably isn't real)

Fixed.

God designed man and women. he designed them to be able to have sex, and as a result have childern.

And then he designed sterile people because he was a dick and didn't want some people to have children.
It all makes sense now!

Homosexuality is a corruption of what he designed

... What?
He gave man a penis and he gave man free will. Man is now free to stick his penis wherever man wills.

And, you know, same for woman. Minus the penis part.

, and as (Given that god probably isn't real)

Same mistake again.

he knows what's best for us,

He seems to be doing a shit job of it, considering all the natural disasters, illnesses, and plain badness of the world.

homosexuals have defied him when they should probably be thanking him for existing.

I thank my parents for my existence, not some non existent tyrant.

You don't have an infinite lifespan.
Which raises an interesting question anyway; how exactly are a race of immortals supposed to live as long as we have? Some 100 billion people are estimated to have ever lived. Where would they all be living? How would we feed them all?

Which raises an interesting question anyway; how exactly are a race of immortals supposed to live as long as we have? Some 100 billion people are estimated to have ever lived. Where would they all be living? How would we feed them all?

You know what's funny is that a logical way to explain this is that with time, as the immortal population of humans grew too massive for earth to hold, heterosexuality would probably be ruled out in order to stop the babymakin'.

also how do you now god is a he. is he also white and upper-middle class.
I have always been utterly perplexed by people who think they're clever by saying "YOU KNOW GOD COULD BE A FEMALE, YOU NEVER KNOW" when "he" (or, well, He) is the kind of the pronoun that they use in the Bible, which makes it official, doesn't it?

It makes no sense that God would have a gender, especially that he would be male (after all, females are the ones that bring life into the world) but if you're going with what the Bible says, he's a male.

I have always been utterly perplexed by people who think they're clever by saying "YOU KNOW GOD COULD BE A FEMALE, YOU NEVER KNOW" when "he" (or, well, He) is the kind of the pronoun that they use in the Bible, which makes it official, doesn't it?

It makes no sense that God would have a gender, especially that he would be male (after all, females are the ones that bring life into the world) but if you're going with what the Bible says, he's a male.
I know, but when I think of God I sort of assume it's genderless.

Or in a perfect world god is a black lesbian.

Except then being black, gay, and female would be the standard, and if everyone were gay the human race would die out. D:

http://www.extremelysmart.com/insight/God/GodsGender.php

yeah, but trying to make logic out of the bible and at the same time make it PC is kind of futile

First, I 100% support Homosexuality, Homosexual marriages, sex, adoption, ect.

My theories and opinions are not complete and perfectly formed, and clearly it would take a lot of effort to convince even one person that my point has value.

I don't agree with you, but I think your point has as much value as anyone else's. But, eh, I guess that's the nature of debate. That being said, on to the disproving!

Sexual feeling for the same sex: Will happen in some people.

To act on said feelings: Wrong.

There exist two different genders for a reason.

At the same time, as many people have already said, Homosexuality is perfectly natural, the same as Heterosexuality. If God (Or any other omnipotent being out there, for that matter) hated gay people so much, why would He allow it to happen? Why would He make it possible?

It's like a game boy and a game: Two of one without the other doesn't work.

It's more like cereal and boxes: though they work great and are more useful together, they work just as well apart. (In humans, they'd be more useful when having babies)

Men and women can have sex (and enjoy it)

Two men can have sex and enjoy it. Two women can have sex and enjoy it. As stated before, any number of people of any sex can enjoy sexual intercourse.

only humens were designed to have an infinate lifespan

Humans may or may not have been designed (if we were designed at all) for infinite lifespan, but we don't have it.

why should humans decide what they should do when there's someone who knows humanity better than humans.

Because, a) there is no solid evidence proving that there really is a being that knows us as a species better than we do, and b) Life is short, and suppressing your sexuality is bad for you.

Also, why try proving something is valid using something that may or may not be true?

Homosexuality is a corruption of what he designed

Then why doesn't He come down from Heaven or wherever He is and prove that he exists so that all things that are against Christianity stop?

they should probably be thanking him for existing

You know, not all people believe in God. Why should we thank someone for existing, when we don't believe they exist? Wouldn't that sort of defeat the purpose?

This comes down to one major issue: Evidence for god's existance. I have this but it's complexd, off-topic and i doubt it would make any difference. I am not forcing views on anyone, I am giving the other side of the debate.

Most of your questions are answered in the book What does the bible realy teach? so i suggest if you care that you find this book (The people who distribute it will come to you). The fact is that we are starting from different base points.

I also don't appreciate assumptions on where I live or the nature of my religion. I am not good at communication and I appologise if I have not provided a wonderful argument.

I'm not coming back here as this seems to be being used as a 'club' by sme people. Some people have made reasoable points/questions, hence the reference to the book.

I'll finish with a quote from the bible. If you donty agree with it ignore it:

In the last days...men will be loveres of pleasure rather than lovers of god

(2 Timothy chapter 3)

This comes down to one major issue: Evidence for god's existance. I have this
OH MY GOSH

You'd better go tell the presses, because they'll have that story over the news in no time. "TEENAGER FINDS IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE OF GOD". It'll be the biggest story since... well, ever! All the people of any other religion or of no religion will instantly go "omg" and start worshiping him! It would be amazing!

Please, do tell me this evidence.

The evidence is in the book i mentioned. It is avaliabe to anyone and I did not say i had proof or irrefutable evidence.

And to the other question someone wants answering: no.

HEY GUYS. HARRY POTTER EXISTS I AM 100% SURE OF IT. I HAVE A BOOK- NO! SEVEN BOOKS THAT SAY SO! JUST READ IT AND YOU WILL SEE THE TRUTH!

EDIT: ACTUALLY NINE COUNTING THOSE OTHER TWO SMALLER BOOKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom