• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here follows the opinions of a single person. Following tis will fllow the responses of those people based on thefact that I origionally presented this witout this qualifier:

Sexual feeling for the same sex: Will happen in some people.

To act on said feelings: Wrong.

There exist two different genders for a reason.

My poinion is that homosexuality is a fault (like a genetic diease or mental disorder) which is a result of inheritance of imperfection, which is a result of Adam and Eve listening to Satan

*Ducks*

Last edited:

My poinion is that homosexuality is a fault (like a genetic diease or mental disorder) which is a result of inheritance of imperfection, which is a result of Adam and Eve listening to Satan

*Ducks*

It's people like you that cause all the pain and suffering in the world. You and diseases.

*Ducks*

AH... I've been waiting for someone like you to arrive.

Please could you elaborate? I mean, the only difference between the two genders is a small groups of organs. And so you're saying that it's 'wrong'?

Put it this way. Say I had, I dunno, some strawberries here. And then I decided to add some cream to it. This seems natural, yes? Well what if, instead of cream, I added more strawberries? Or maybe I just added more cream to a bowl of cream? Is that suddenly 'wrong'?

That's right! Hey, this person might be with us!

...Damn. It's not wrong to love, you know.

You just made me sad. We women are NOT meant for just getting it on and becoming preggers.

Some people love people of the same gender because some characters listened to a talking snake. Riiiiiiiiiight.

You should.

For one, I'll ignore the bolded part.

For another, homosexuality was taken out of the DSM a long time ago. It's been proven, scientifically, to not be a mental disorder. And I know I'm not crazy.

Immature as this comment may be, I find it ironic that you have rainbow staryus in your signature. :D

Kindly explain why this is wrong and what your criteria for morality are. Kneejerk "THIS IS WRONG LOL" is not acceptable in a debate or, rather, in any civilized discourse at all.

Hint: if you invoke a deity, you are an idiot, and I will mock you as appropriate.

I would also like to know how exactly you can say to my face that it is evil for me to kiss boys and what exactly I am supposed to do about it.

Oh dear. I certainly have my work cut out for me here.

1. Homosexuality cannot be 'caused' by any problem inherent to humanity, or there would not be a large volume of animals known to exhibit homosexual behavior.

2. Every respected psychology organization in this country has outright stated that homosexuality is not a mental disorder.

3. I would love to know your criteria for a mental disorder, and why you think liking boys over girls is any more aberrant than liking blondes over brunettes.

4. Your mythology has zero place in a mature discussion about ethics. Please leave it at the door. I don't care to hear it and I don't believe anyone else in this thread does either, especially if it's just encouraging you to tell us that we are doing something morally wrong with no real explanation as to why. I realize it's very easy to slap the label of "WRONG" on everything foreign to you that you may not like, but ethics is about good and evil -- help and harm -- not whether or not you find something weird or icky.

I cannot fathom why you would think something so disrespectful and acknowledge that it was so but not stop yourself from saying it.

AH... I've been waiting for someone like you to arrive.

Please could you elaborate? I mean, the only difference between the two genders is a small groups of organs. And so you're saying that it's 'wrong'?

Put it this way. Say I had, I dunno, some strawberries here. And then I decided to add some cream to it. This seems natural, yes? Well what if, instead of cream, I added more strawberries? Or maybe I just added more cream to a bowl of cream? Is that suddenly 'wrong'?

Men and women are not strawberries and cream. Men and women are designed to be different but be function together. It's like a game boy and a game: Two of one without the other doesn't work.

You just made me sad. We women are NOT meant for just getting it on and becoming preggers.

I didn't say that. I just feel that with regards to sexual relationships there should be a man and a woman. Men and women can have sex (and enjoy it), which can sometimes result in new life.

For another, homosexuality was taken out of the DSM a long time ago. It's been proven, scientifically, to not be a mental disorder. And I know I'm not crazy.

I said homosexuality was a fault caused by the point you decided to ignore. I was comparing to mental disorders (actually genetically-caused ones in particular) because these are also caused by the same event. The same would also apply to aging and physical birth defects. I apologise now if anyone thought that I called homosexual people crazy.

I said homosexuality was a fault caused by the point you decided to ignore. I was comparing to mental disorders (actually genetically-caused ones in particular) because these are also caused by the same event. The same would also apply to aging and physical birth defects. I apologise now if anyone thought that I called homosexual people crazy.

Wait, so you're saying homosexuality is a genetic disorder? O.o I don't think my parents carry the homo gene.

How is it wrong... if it's not hurting anybody? Being gay and not having gay sex = bottled up sexual feelings = anger = sadness and crap. Being gay and having gay sex = a fun experience for both people involved = happiness. The overall happiness level in the world will go up if gay people have gay sex.

Technically, I guess homosexuality could be a fault, because it seems to come randomly and it affects your life in a negative way (you get made fun of in high school, religious people hate you, some states won't let you marry).

don't get me wrong, I'm all for gay people marrying, having sex, adopting kids, and be treated the same way as straight people but I suppose it could be a fault depending how you look at it

Men and women are not strawberries and cream. Men and women are designed to be different but be function together.
Men and women are not designed at all.

Also, I might point out that, while the clitoris and penis contain the most concentrated nerves in the human body, to the best of my knowledge the runner-up is the anus. So you have heightened sensation, plus the prostate not far in. It's almost like the human body is intended for anal sex!

It's like a game boy and a game: Two of one without the other doesn't work.
Except it does, as the very existence of gay sex demonstrates. If gay sex were impossible -- as your example is -- then this would not even be an issue at all.

Please do not regurgitate the typical "it doesn't work" responses at me. I guarantee I have heard pretty much every bad analogy that can be made by a theist who is drowning in heteronormativity.

I didn't say that. I just feel that with regards to sexual relationships there should be a man and a woman.
Why do you feel this, and why do your feelings dictate morality?

Again, good and evil is not the same as "what I don't like". Keep in mind you are putting "kissing boys" in the same category as lying, cheating, stealing, murder, and rape.

Men and women can have sex (and enjoy it)
Any combination of people, irrespective of number and gender and sex, can have sex and enjoy it.

I was comparing to mental disorders (actually genetically-caused ones in particular) because these are also caused by the same event.
Please explain mental disorders in animals.

The same would also apply to aging and physical birth defects.
Please explain aging and physical birth defects in animals.

I apologise now if anyone thought that I called homosexual people crazy.
Oh, good. I'm not crazy, just evil.

I noticed this is carefully phrased as if you were not currently addressing any nonheterosexuals. I suspect you have never even known any?

Last edited:
Hey, Time Psyduck. :D Hey there.

You're acting like opposites attract, and yet I don't find anything attractive about the opposite gender; I don't feel attracted to things I don't understand, I feel safe and comfortable with people and minds that I do understand, knowing what they feel, want and go through.

Am I crazy? Could you give me some guidance?
Please... I feel so confused!

EDIT: Also, what the crap. Are you seriously suggesting that homosexuality occurs because Adam and Eve talked to Satan

I KNEW there were more reasons why the Bible was bad for you~

Last edited:
My theories and opinions are not complete and perfectly formed, and clearly it would take a lot of effort to convince even one person that my point has value.

I am only stating that in my opinion using evidence I have that homosexuality is a fault (which would appear to be also present in animals).

Regarding aging in animals: animals were designed to age; only humens were designed to have an infinate lifespan

I have a religion, and as a result a feeling of 'why should humans decide what they should do when there's someone who knows humanity better than humans. I know thats a different topic but it's relevent.

My 'mythology' was used in order to prove the validity of jesus as the christ. Why, if you're trying to prove validity would you use a myth?

Of course my theories require you to accept the theory that the bible is not factual (again another issue). As no-one here would accept that there's no point in me continuing is there?

even if God is real, if he doesn't like homosexuality he's a FUCKING DICK. what is there not to like?

EDIT:
Regarding aging in animals: animals were designed to age; only humens were designed to have an infinate lifespan
wtf

...What?

My 'mythology' was used in order to prove the validity of jesus as the christ. Why, if you're trying to prove validity would you use a myth?

...What?

You have fully made my brain asplode.

even if God is real, if he doesn't like homosexuality he's a FUCKING DICK. what is there not to like?

(Given that god is real) God designed man and women. he designed them to be able to have sex, and as a result have childern. Homosexuality is a corruption of what he designed, and as (Given that god is real) he knows what's best for us, homosexuals have defied him when they should probably be thanking him for existing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom