• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care about people being Gey/Lesbian- I mean, sure, it's disturbing, and it makes me shiver a little, but im not one to say that if one is a gey he doesn't deserve to live. I mean, there are lots of people who say geys/lesbians must be insinerated- and I believe THIS is what makes one understand who's the real monster.
I mean, its not that if one is gey and you are a guy he's gonna attack you and fuck you.

P.S. Im saying this because I used to know a gey. We weren't friends, though, jsut happened to see him then and when.
And IM NOT GEY!

I will now point out my issues with this post. :v

1. The need to strongly emphasize that you are NOT GAY!!! when no one even thought you were makes you seem homophobic.
  2. Right - gay people aren't going to attack and rape you just because they're gay. Why, then, do they make you "shiver"? There's not much that gay people can do as a result of being gay that you can't just look away from.
  3. Woah, you used to know a real live gay person? PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Also, if you know more than 10 people, chances are you know several more and don't even realize it.
  4. The need to mention that you weren't associated with this gay dude or anything also seems pretty homophobic.
  5. Not being as bad as some other people doesn't mean you're not homophobic.
  6. Really, why 'gey'? I could assume it was because you're on a computer with a filter or something up until you used the word 'fuck'.

"Homofriends" sounds like it could be a television show for young children. They could be cute fuzzy things that live under a rainbow and sing about acceptance! Or something!

Blah, coming into this extremely late - I like to lurk and read. :P But, this has recently gotten my attention a bit more than usual, because one of my very close friends has revealed, only to me, that she's bi. While I've had little trouble saying that I'm asexual to the group of friends, and been accepted without a ripple of surprise, my friend feels that one of the more excitable people we know might react strongly and no longer glomp or cuddle as we're all wont to do, and she doesn't want any of us to distance themselves simply because of that information.

So she hasn't come out yet, though I've been sending her positive thoughts whenever the right opportunity seems to come up, and she's tried to say it, but circumstances come up, or she'd like to do it when everyone's there, or there's someone listening in who would not be happy to hear about it, and so on.

Anyways, I say that people should be able to live their lives without fear of what other people will think or how they treat them. >> It saddens me that people can be close-minded about it, simply because it's different than the norm. [/opinionatedramble]

P.S. Im saying this because I used to know a gey. We weren't friends, though, jsut happened to see him then and when.
And IM NOT GEY!

does the word 'gay' make you shiver too?

c:

also I resent 'I used to know a gey'; they're not animals.

that's like one thing that really bothers me. when people can't say "i know/knew a gay person" it's "i know/knew a gay" :| it's not a big deal or anything it just bugs me.

I have a great uncle who I've never met who is gay
also my boss' son is gay
there's also a pair of lesbians across the street who are like 40 and have about three kids c:

No variety of sexual prefrences here

On the whole gay thing I see no problem. And for optimism people get less congested dating pools!

And IM NOT GEY!

Wow...just...WOW. We TOTALLY believe you're not a homophobe!

Edit: Sorry if I came off a bit harsh; it's just that while you're trying to say you're not homophobic, the way you say it makes it seem like you are a homophobe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom