• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Horrible-Sounding Words

Pretty much anything that uses the letters C, R, M, and L in combination, but mostly in that order. Especially 'caramel'. And yes, that includes names, as well (oh, god, why does the name 'Carl' exist?). Oddly enough, though, I like the word 'curmudgeon.'

I also absolutely despise the Spanish word 'carne' (meat) and all its variations.

Luscious bugs me a lot.

The word 'fleshy', especially when used next to 'lips' makes me want to kick the textbook that used it.

I also get this urge to rant at anyone who uses the insult 'bimbo.' (Unless they're referring to the brand of cookies with the same name. Then it's not annoying.)

Euphemisms in general are disgusting to me.

Call me insane, but the word 'honcho' makes me think of old, swollen animal corpses. *shudders*

I have issues with words...

I had three, but the only one I can remember right now is Lemonade. Especially when you stress the "ADE"

Well, I can't think of too many words off the top of my head, but when I sit down and look at a word I often think it's kind of... weird. Like the word "you". Y... o... u. You. It's such a weird word.

Most substitute swears are annoying, but "crap" can be funny sometimes, if it's not being "seriously" used.

One word I know for sure that I'll always hate is "episiotomy". It's my worst nightmare.

I remembered the other two. They're the names of minor Naruto characters and they might not be the same as the ones I was thinking of, but whatever.

Shiin and Yurinojou.

I hate the word 'lick' so much. >_>

Especially when used in the phrase 'licked his/her lips'. It's just... ugh. F off, ridiculously disgusting and mundane sounding phrase. Not sure why it bugs me so much...

Another kind of word that gets on my nerves are complicated compound words that really don't make any sense the way the words are put together. Words like "nevermind" and "nevertheless".

Another kind of word that gets on my nerves are complicated compound words that really don't make any sense the way the words are put together. Words like "nevermind" and "nevertheless".

Ah, I hate those too... my least favourite one is "albeit", it's just... weird. I assume at some point somebody just stuck the words together to make a weird-looking compound that I will never stop pronouncing 'al-bay' because it's just irritating knowing it's 'all-be-it'.

I hate the word 'lick' so much. >_>

Especially when used in the phrase 'licked his/her lips'. It's just... ugh. F off, ridiculously disgusting and mundane sounding phrase. Not sure why it bugs me so much...

Agree. Also, "suck" (in the "vacuums suck in things", not in the "you suck" sense), which is especially cumbersome if you're writing vampires and you want to refer to blood-drinking without repeating yourself. It's so... inelegant.

There's more, but I forget them.

Agree. Also, "suck" (in the "vacuums suck in things", not in the "you suck" sense), which is especially cumbersome if you're writing vampires and you want to refer to blood-drinking without repeating yourself. It's so... inelegant.

Thanks for bring that up. Words without common synonyms one can fall back on are annoying.

media because i can never remember if it's pronounced mee-dia or meh-dia so I end up sounding retarded when talking

media because i can never remember if it's pronounced mee-dia or meh-dia so I end up sounding retarded when talking

Mee-dia in English, meh-dia in Spanish.

Media is spanish for sock, but I like that word. ;)

Anyway...

heart
banal
chest
flesh

Eew. I hated typing those words. In fact, I'm trying not to look at those words.

In other languages, I hate saying the word 'roi' in French because I should be able to say it but it sounds so weird and ugly.

In fact, there's quite a few words I dislike using.

Did any one notice the word 'party' in the world's longest word?

Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucylphenylalanylalanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamylarginyllysylglutamylglycylalanylphenylalanylvalylprolylphenylalanylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspartylpr
Umm. I once saw a list of the top ten most horrible sounding words in English. Let me go see if I can find it.

Silly bugs me, because I associate it with an annoying girl who overuses it in the wrong way.

Edit: Holy, check out this link. http://www.vocabula.com/VRworstwords.asp it's like this thread, only longer.

Mucous
Globular
Crinkle

All chatspeak&
Also all substitute swearing bugs the hell out of me. I mean, come on...if you mean like you're gonna swear, why not just swear anyways?

Back
Top Bottom