• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How do you Prefer to Refer to Multiple Pokémon?

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
How do you Prefer to Refer to Multiple Pokémon?

When you talk about more then one Pokémon, do you put an 's' on the end, or do you just leave it as it is?

Would you say:
"Those Murkrows over there are running out of food!"

or

"Those Murkrow over there are running out of food!"

I'm trying not to use the s.

EDIT: Hahaha didn't notice that two of the words in my title were rhyming!

Last edited:
Re: How do you Prefer to Refer to Multiple Pokémon?

It really depends. Sometimes I'll say, "Skitty are swarming in my game!" and sometimes I'll say "Skitties are swarming in my game!"

I'm weird like that.

"There are many Pokemon." I don't like to add an "s". Pokemon is like the word "deer", you don't say: "There are many deers."

To me, adding an "s" sounds wrong. Pokemon is both the singular and plural form. As are any Pokemon names. "There sure are a lot of Poochyena!"

Last edited:

I'll use the singular unless I feel like being silly (as in "mudkips").

I never add an 's' to the end of 'Pokemon'. I don't think I usually add one to the names of individual species, either, but it might depend on which name it is and which one sounds better. I probably switch a lot. To be honest, I haven't really thought about it. :p

"Look at all those Vileplume! Spaekle sure is stupid for having so many."
"Damn it, I have a box full of Charmanders and still no shiny!"

I call them Pokeymen.

No, I don't. I don't add the "s" to the end. I'm pretty sure that's how they refer to them in the show, anyway.

I like to refer to it like "Those Pokemons are cool" and "Those Typhlosion are cool."
It's funny.

For me, it is the same in singular and plural (one Pokemon, many Pokemon) unless referring to specific species. (one Pikachu, many Pikachus)

Singular and plural as the same word - this is grammatically correct according to every reliable source ever, so it's how I go.

I try not to use 's', but I keep forgetting that a lot. Without the 's' seems right to me.

I expected more people to use an s than this.

Plural is the same as singular.

Pokemon were not meant to have S' at the end of their names. So, no, I never add an S.

I don't use "s" at the end of "Pokemon", and I try not to use it at the end of plural Pokemon names either.

Nope. For me, it's 'Spheal are so awesome', 'Smeargle have paintbrush tails' and so on.

Usually it depends on the Pokémon... basically, I take it a case-by-case basis.
i.e. the following plurals
Trapinches
Vibrava
Flygons

Back
Top Bottom