• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How do you Prefer to Refer to Multiple Pokémon?

Re: How do you Prefer to Refer to Multiple Pokémon?

"Pokémon" is plural and singular. I usually treat Pokémon whose English names pretty much match their Japanese names the same way (one Pikachu, multiple Pikachu); otherwise, I pluralize them the way I'd pluralize the last word that makes up the name (one Bulbasaur/multiple Bulbasaurs, one dinosaur/multiple dinosaurs; one Mareep/multiple Mareep, one sheep/multiple sheep; one Ninetales/multiple Ninetales, multiple tales). By default I stick an 's' on the end (one Kadabra, multiple Kadabras).

I add s to everything
So pokemons, Gastrodons, Spheals etc

hell I even do it with stuff like sheeps and deers

No -s, no. If ever I do, please remind me that I just messed up. As for Mudkip, it ends with -z ^^

Sometimes with an s, sometimes without.

It changes with the situation. However, I tend to stick with the way that I referred to plural Pokemon first.

By the way, can anyone tell me if capitalizing "Pokemon", when talking about either the creatures or the franchise itself, is how it's supposed to be said? I know it seems stupid to say "pokemon", but the question is driving me nuts.

By the way, can anyone tell me if capitalizing "Pokemon", when talking about either the creatures or the franchise itself, is how it's supposed to be said? I know it seems stupid to say "pokemon", but the question is driving me nuts.

Yes, it's meant to be capitalised, and accented. Pokémon.

There isn't a code. Just do Ctrl+Alt+e. Also words for a, i, o and u

Eh. Maybe it's Firefox-only. The Alt code, if it definitely doesn't work, is 0233.

I was using 130, actually, not that 0233 doesn't work. I have Firefox, so I think my computer is just stupid. Too bad for me. >_>

On topic: I recently thought about it, and not adding an 's' always works, while adding it only sometimes works.

I try not to use it, but sometimes I do it accidentaly. My primary language uses -s on most plural words, so sometimes can't help it.

When referring to "Pokémon" or to an individual species, no plural s.
Unless they're "cash cows", THEN it takes a plural s.

I don't use an s. I never have. It sounds strange to me.

Back
Top Bottom