• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many Shiny Pokemon do you have?

How many Shinies do you have?

• 0-10

Votes: 204 87.6%
  • 11-20

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 31 or over

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters
I have only one shiny: a Tentacruel on my Diamond game. I've never seen any others in any of my other games. That makes me sad.

I have three; A Spearow (who is now a Fearow), a Geodude, and a Mr Mime.

Most useless shinies ever.

Legitimately, I've only actually caught four (including the Gyrados at the Lake of Rage). Having Wi-Fi helps though, 'cause I have around twenty shinies from trades I've done with various people.

Once I replace my Crystal's battery, none. :]

I've run into a shiny Exeggcute and a shiny Zubat before, but I didn't realize that the former was a shiny until I'd run from it and the latter was in a Diamond file that I wouldn't have been able to save the game on even if I had caught it.

I had a shiny Oddish in Gold before I forgot and started over, a Rattata in FireRed that I also started over and Spinarak and Gyarados in Crystal that'll be deleted once I fix my game. I'm not the type to go shiny-hunting endlessly; I hope I'll find shinies in whatever game I'm playing but I don't actually really care whether or not I have any or whether they get deleted (unless it's a Pokémon that I actually like). :/

EDIT: OMG WTF BBQ SHINY SPEAROW <3333333

Last edited:
^Lucky, I've been looking for a shiny Pidgey ever since my sister ran away from one in FireRed years ago D:

New shiny though, I got a Slugma off the GTS :D Now I'm back to three.

For the first time since G/S/C, I actually have a shiny!

...of course, I'm talking about the shiny Skarmory I won from the WiFi board's Christmas contest drawing thingie. Still haven't actually caught a shiny, though.

uuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm..................I can't list them all. GOD AM I A POKEMON MANIAC!
Ummmm.... *Counts* eh, about all of them ~_~, GOD, I HACK ALOT! the ones i actually got without hacking are:
Glaceon Lv. 100
Regigas Lv. 80
Jirach: Lv. 100 (Event at Toys R us)
Staraptor Lv 100

Lots and lots and lots in GSC/Stadium2, a shiny Paras in itCrystal rom, and about five or six traded shinies in Pearl and jpPlatinum rom.

Dad's caught around five or six, of which I can only remember a Starly and a Staravia.

*whips out Diamond*
I'll start with my legit ones and count up Pearl's hacks afterwards. But I wont count them towards my total.

Lesse..

1. Magneton, named Unununium <3
2. Blastoise, who I'd gotten in a trade from someone here at the forums for a clone of my Empoleon
3. Bidoof, not surprising, considering all the EV training I do
4. Spinda, which I found on the GTS for a reasonable offer, and it isn't even hacked
5. Tropius, also off the GTS and also doesn't appear to be hacked
6. Empoleon, who was mentioned before; I bought a second copy of Diamond and picked Piplup, who turned out to be shiny. A little extra prize for buying the game. Worth the money, in my opinion.
7. Lapras, yet again off the GTS, though sadly appears to be hacked, seeing as how it's in a Cherish Ball with an ID of 00000, and being met at level 50 on Rt. 211. I only count it because I didn't actually hack it, I traded for it, so in my eyes although it's hacked, I got it legitimately.
8. Staraptor, caught as a Starly while EV training, as with Bidoof. Too bad it's Docile...

So that makes 8 in Diamond.
*switches to Pearl*

1. Lunatone, once again, off the GTS, and seems to be legit, since it arrived from Hoenn at level 18, which I'm pretty sure is the level you find them at in Sapphire
2. Spiritomb, hatched from an egg, oddly enough

Hacks: Darkrai, Glalie, Glameow, Pikachu, Raichu, Carnivine, Roselia, Vulpix, Seaking, Sharpedo, Weezing, Flygon, Rhydon, Misdreavus, Starly

Okay, wow. I don't even know why I have all those hacks. I mean, Darkrai, Rhydon and Sharpedo I had some reasons for, but most of the others... I mean, Glameow? Starly? Wtf, I already have a legit Staraptor... >.>; I don't even like the shiny forms of Pikachu and Raichu (darker yellow/orange, seriously?). I probably just left my AR code on and caught them 'cause they happened to show up. Meh, it's not like I use them.

Anyways... I thought I had more than just 2 legit ones in Pearl. But whatever. That makes 10 total for me.

As a side note, I'm looking for these shinies: Venomoth, Rhydon, Hariyama, Sharpedo, Linoone, Fearow. If anyone has any of these non-hacked and are willing to trade, please let me know. D:

*goes to release all those hacks*

Last edited:
I have a shiny smeargle off of the GTS, a shiny sentret on Crystal and a shiny riolu off of my friends Diamond, but I think he might've used a cheat cartridge.

Back
Top Bottom