• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many Shiny Pokemon do you have?

How many Shinies do you have?

• 0-10

Votes: 204 87.6%
  • 11-20

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 31 or over

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters
Granted, I no longer have most of these, but:
Shiny Geodude, evo'd into graveler then to golem,
zubat and its evos
unown G
Event Pichu, red gyarados

Question: Is it usual to have played for over 180 hours and not have encountered a single wild shiny?

well, given that shinies don't appear based on game time, yes. My Platinum has logged over 600 hours and I've only ever found one shiny on it, which blew itself up.

I got another shiny.

Granted, it was traded from a friend who wanted nothing but Houndour and Trapinch as an exchange, but another shiny! And a Vulpix at that!

I am happy. :D

Three; Deoxys, Umbreon, and Riolu. Deoxys given by some random dude on TPM, Umbreon given by Kai, Riolu by someone on TCoD but I can't remember who =/ And I just ran into a shiny Azurill (a Pokémon I've been desperately trying to catch in the Safari Zone, and it was a firkin SHINY!!!) and then it ran away ='(

I had around five, but I accidentally killed like two of them on my Platinum when I restarted it. I forgot about them Like I forgot about my good Dragonite (yay not competitive, but around level 70) and my good Ampharos :'(

Currently, five. At one time, though, I had seven. Right now, they are my Pikachu-colored Pichu, Red Gyarados, a Dugtrio, an Exploud, and an Abomasnow. I used to have a Golem and a Wingull on my Ruby, but they somehow got lost in the labyrinth of trades I did between my Ruby, FireRed and Emerald. :(

I've recently added three shinies to my collection...

...one Mystery Gift'ed shiny Pichu each for Diamond and Platinum, and then the red Gyarados in SoulSilver. Still haven't seen a single wild shiny (not counting the Gyarados) in any of the 4th-gen games, though I did have a massive Pokérus outbreak in SoulSilver about halfway through Johto.

I've gotten two new additions to whatever number I posted before.

So I lent my spare copy of Diamond to my best friend a month ago. I got it back Friday, with a new shiny Golbat. :D I also got a random encounter Caterpie in SoulSilver not long ago during the bug catching contest. I got second. :<

i see all you people with like 0-2 shinies and i am like 'what' because i have 22 :<

[ones i don't need]
bagon
glaceon
gallade
mudkip
celebi
lugia (japanese)
ho-oh
suicune
gengar
butterfree
infernape