• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hunting.

Dannichu said:
and there's almost universal disdain for the people who hunt foxes for fun.

this always amuses me when I hear it because in Australia you're supposed to shoot foxes on sight because they're pests and they eat everything. you guys should just come over here and take our foxes because they're eating all our animals. :<

I strongly dislike people who hunt for the sake of hunting; fair enough if you eat what you kill, but hunting for sport is disgusting.

My family's general reaction to foxes is "OH MY GOD A FOX LOOK HAHAHA IT'S A GINGE."

My family's general reaction to foxes is "OH MY GOD A FOX LOOK HAHAHA IT'S A GINGE."

Best. Response. Ever.

I haven't hunted, nor do I have the desire to. I don't think hunting is wrong, I just don't like the idea of sitting in the snow for hours on end.

I knew this would happen. I made this thread for Hunters to talk about hunting, Not every random person to chip in they're 2 cents where it was not asked for. You have a right to you opinion, but This was not about that. I'm done. Talk about whatever. I dont care.

I knew this would happen. I made this thread for Hunters to talk about hunting, Not every random person to chip in they're 2 cents where it was not asked for. You have a right to you opinion, but This was not about that. I'm done. Talk about whatever. I dont care.

Just because you're a ginger...

real men hunt game without any weapons

if you can't tackle a buck and shear off its head with the strength of your own grip, and if you don't intend to devour the entire animal right there on the spot, you don't deserve to call yourself a hunter

real men hunt game without any weapons

if you can't tackle a buck and shear off its head with the strength of your own grip, and if you don't intend to devour the entire animal right there on the spot, you don't deserve to call yourself a hunter
Show me a video of someone doing that and I'll stop hunting

Why do you Capitalise random words In a sentence?
Because I feel Like it.

I am awesome! Mom's side of the family lives in super-rural Wisconsin and lives off of hunted game. Whenever I went to stay with my grandparents, they took me with when they went hunting. Have you ever shot a bear? I have! Let's totally trade stories later, okay?

Except not. You're terrible and your thread is terrible.

If you actually wanted a discussion, a thread to share hunting stories and tricks or whatever, you wouldn't have dedicated the bulk of the first post to preemptively telling everyone to fuck off. Stop pretending that you're a tragic victim after people get justifiably ticked off!
Riviting tale chap!

-----xikaze's satire ------>

(pwn3rxp's head)
----l--l-------
___/__\

So! Whatcha guys think about hunting simulators? Like those low-quality games in restaurants?

I don't know anybody who hunts, though; I'm reasonably sure nobody in the UK really hunts for sustinence.

Trust me, farmers always seem to have a gun. It seems a more common thing in the country but there are people who hunt for food - there's even a pub where you can take the meat, hand it in and they'll cook it for you. Granted, I've never heard of a tasty dish involving fox meat but things like rabbits and pheasant in season is probably just fine to hand in.

So! Whatcha guys think about hunting simulators? Like those low-quality games in restaurants?

They look boring to me. Between a hunting simulator and a zombie game, I'd rather feed my money into the zombie game. Mainly because the zombies can actually hurt me and the animals are just frolicking back and forth on a static background.

Show me a video of someone doing that and I'll stop

petersen.png

100% more impressive than even the situation I described.

he didn't eat it, but he could've if he wanted.

Trust me, farmers always seem to have a gun. It seems a more common thing in the country but there are people who hunt for food - there's even a pub where you can take the meat, hand it in and they'll cook it for you. Granted, I've never heard of a tasty dish involving fox meat but things like rabbits and pheasant in season is probably just fine to hand in.

See, I live in the middle of the country (South Devon, and half my family's from deepest Cornwall), and I still don't see people hunt. My grandad used to own a farm, and he'd only shoot foxes that killed his animals (and this was about forty years ago).

Yup, everyone near where I live has that accent. Oooh-arr. Pra'er jhab.

They suck but when I was little my dad had Ted Nugent Wild Hunting Adventure and it was AWESOME

You could unlock a guitar that was a gun and when you had your gun raised it would play Cat Scratch Fever. My dad shot a bear with it once so many times that its body blew up and he was unable to claim its corpse for his trophy room.

Real hunting would be so much cooler if we had stuff like that. And canyons to float over in order to reach great white buffalos.

I never saw this.

Yeah, I hunt yearly. Got a 4 1/2 X 5 this year, which was nice. (The half is due to a broken tine, by the way) I do eat what I shoot, so.

They suck but when I was little my dad had Ted Nugent Wild Hunting Adventure and it was AWESOME

You could unlock a guitar that was a gun and when you had your gun raised it would play Cat Scratch Fever. My dad shot a bear with it once so many times that its body blew up and he was unable to claim its corpse for his trophy room.

Real hunting would be so much cooler if we had stuff like that. And canyons to float over in order to reach great white buffalos.

I must play this.

...oh, and also, what do all of ye other hunters hunt with? (22-250 Ranchland Sec. for me.)

Back
Top Bottom