• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I hate Nintendo.

Yay! I love it when people talk about hating events!
I've never owned an 'event Pokemon' because I've never heard of events in England plus I can't buy an AR because I don't have enough money won't.

I seriously hate events.

Events are evil.

There could be an event Pokemon and it could be your MOST FAVORITE POKEMON EVER but you happen to not have Wi-Fi and you happen to live in Antarctica or something. Then what, just be sad? Well Nintendo is mean like that.

That's exactly my story with Mew. Mew is my FAVORITE Pokemon of ALL time, but I can't have one, because it's an event Pokemon.

Even though I now live in Fargo, I do have a life and bills to pay and can't rearrange my entire schedule just so I can go to the local Toys 'R Us to get Shaymin.

And since when do you have to rearrange a schedule to stop by Toys 'R'Us for a half hour? And they're giving you a whole week for events now.

I don't really hate events, seeing as there's a Toys 'R' Us in my city. I used to despise them back when you had to go to NYC just to get a stupid Pokémon.

And since when do you have to rearrange a schedule to stop by Toys 'R'Us for a half hour? And they're giving you a whole week for events now.

Since I turned 19, moved out of my parents' house, got my own place, got a full-time job on top of being a full-time college student, and started having to pay for my own bills, food, housing, school, and everything else.

See, being an adult kinda sucks in that regard. I don't really have TIME to just pop over to Toys 'R Us to get the event Pokemon. I work at least 5 days a week, and have a really tight schedule.

Basically, events aren't worth it for Nintendo anymore. Better to just put the Pokemon in the games. I mean, what's it accomplishing? Making some Legendaries MORE Legendary than others?

'Cuz THAT makes perfect sense.

Pah, Shaymin's sky form's ugly. I don't care much for it. At all. It looks nothing like it has anything to do with the sky now, does it?

And I wonder, why does Nintendo make those special event items (Oak's letter, Azure flute and that card thingy) if they never intend to give them out? All they've been giving are the pokemon at some random events. Why not give out the items at the random events?

But I went and got an action replay so I could get those items. Then I caught the three unobtainable pokemon. Yeah, it was fun. Shaymin was easy to catch. Darkrai was hard. And Arceus I had to resort to a master ball to catch.

I'm bored.

Yay! I love it when people talk about hating events!
I've never owned an 'event Pokemon' because I've never heard of events in England plus I can't buy an AR because I don't have enough money won't.

I seriously hate events.

there have been events in the uk, quite a few really.
in 06 there was the 10th anniversary, there was a mew event in 07 and a darkrai event in 08.
and they were shown on serebii and some tv stations so there was advertisement

I really hate events too... Where I live, we almost only ever get them at the TCG National Championships, and even then, the last time it was just GBA EVENTS(get Mew in the GBA games, get Jirachi in Ruby/Sapphire, etc.). If we're lucky this time, we'll get the Darkrai and Shaymin events...

And I won't use a AR, since I don't like cheating. The only cheats I ever do is in-game glitches.

Last edited:
I've never owned an 'event Pokemon' because I've never heard of events in England etc.
Hehe. This is actually partially amusing, no offence meant.
We've had the Deoxys event, the 10th Anniversary event, the Mew event and recently the Darkrai event. If you haven't heard of any events in England, then you need to start looking for them, my friend.

Hehe. This is actually partially amusing, no offence meant.
We've had the Deoxys event, the 10th Anniversary event, the Mew event and recently the Darkrai event. If you haven't heard of any events in England, then you need to start looking for them, my friend.

ohhh yeah the deoxys event :B i forgot about that
also the eon ticket event in 2003(?) to get latias/os

IKNOWWHATUMEEN.
hehe.
I live in England which means NO POKEMON THINGS EVER HAPPEN TO ME. ZILCH POKEMON, GIVAWAYS, POKECENTERS, FESTIVALS ETC.

ugh.

_Shaymin

EDIT**

I missed all the events in ENGLANDDD so that sucks. I remember the Latias/os event but not the others. We had a Darkrai event?

man i'm slow.

_Shaymin

OMG I HAVE TO GET A EVENT POKEMON! HEY DAD, CAN YOU COME WITH ME TO PICK UP AN EVENT POKEMON. IT'LL ONLY COST A THOUSAND OR SO DOLLARS TO GET TO A TOYS R US SHOP IN THE US.

No, just no. Nintendo is so creul, they don't THINK for the countries outside of the US and things and seriously...why not kill events?

I don't cheat. Cheating is just...pointless and game ruining UNLESS it's to EV train or some other task that you could do but would just be annoying and repetitive.

I gave up on nintendo events after Mew for red blue and yellow.

The truth is, Nintendo don't see themselves as mean or cruel (I'm talking as if Nintendo is an entity here, I should be talking about the minds behind it). They really don't give that much of a crap.

I never actually understood events. It doesn't encourage anyone to buy more games (except perhaps people who don't have the games needed for the event, I doubt anyone would buy the games specially for the event). It doesn't make any money (I mean, last I knew there were no admission fees). So what is the purpose of them?

I don't cheat. Cheating is just...pointless and game ruining UNLESS it's to EV train or some other task that you could do but would just be annoying and repetitive.

... I don't think cheating to EV train is a very good idea either. It's like hacking a Pokémon with the stats and nature you want - while non-hackers have to go through all the trouble to breed and find out IVs and actually EV train and all, you can just put in a code and there, you're done. I find that in no way fair. I think cheating is only all right when it is for the sake of event Pokémon that you missed from the event or suchlike. Even then, I don't believe these Pokémon should be used in competitive battling.

So uh, why is this new? Why do people act so damn surprised every time something in the Pokémon games needs an event? Seriously. You should have grown to expect this by now.

Nitpick: Nintendo does not make the games! Nintendo publishes and markets them. The company that makes the games is called Game Freak.

And the reason there are event Pokémon is obvious - to make them more elusive. It's boring when everybody can catch every Pokémon, so they spice things up by making something that's genuinely, real-life rare as a bonus. If you're particularly dedicated, you might either go to an event to get it, or you might ask around to find somebody willing to trade it to you, but in either case it's going to be a special kind of effort unlike what you need to get all the other Pokémon. It's a little extra quest. The whole point is that the average player is never going to have them.

Everything is engineered so that you have absolutely no need to go to the event. The games will consider your Pokédex complete even when it's missing all the event Pokémon; the games themselves don't really hint at the existence of the events. You aren't really supposed to know these Pokémon even exist. If you do find out and want one just because you like it, you can hack it, but it needs to be kept elusive to retain the bragging rights associated with it.

Guys, cheating is perfectly fine as long as it isn't for super powerful pokemon or doing something for you like beating the E4. I love playing around with AR or GS and its fun. I can catch the uncatchable and walk through walls.

Good point Butterfree. And I don't see why they are complaining, because they can just use an AR to get to the legend's island and capture it if they can't go to events.

Nintendo should just make a game with all pokes.

For the us mew event a few years ago for the gba it took 3 HOURS to get mew. And I forgot my link cable to battle random people...

Back
Top Bottom