• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I put the "x" in pixel

new poop
FUCK TENCLIPSE I will never get it right and aifbajdnal I'll probably do a new sprite every week because I already made one finished one and then scrapped it completely because it sucked
OR I'll just pester my sis to make a different design, one my shitty spriting skills will be able to tackle
QUICKEDIT: just asked her, she promised to edit it tomorrow. The current sprite is just a placeholder now

wolf_1.png

Pupcent - WOLF PUP POKÉMON
rock

wolf_21.png

Lunarf - FULL MOON POKÉMON
psychic/rock

wolf_222.png

Tenclipse - NEW MOON POKÉMON
dark/rock

kind of related note: I don't get all the OMGOMGOMGOGM WOLVES ARE AWESOME weirdos, these will be the only wolves in this dex :U

Last edited:
My sis was busy with schoolwork and such but she let me redesign Tenclipse myself
better? I hope so. :U
wolf_22.png

hate the paws though but FUCK THAT I'm never going to sprite anything that has paws or legs or whatever I'll just call this finished

EDIT: something new, how's that possible

lisk_1.png

Fowilisk - BASILISK POKÉMON
rock/poison

lisk_2.png

Poisilisk - BASILISK POKÉMON
rock/poison

not sure about the wings, they were difficult so I bullshitted the shading
(this is the first one out of three fossil lines)

Last edited:
My god your sprite are so awesome and pokemon-esque and awesome and oh my god this is so awesome Game Freak should have used your designs for B/W gee this is so beautiful im about to cry

oru_3.png
!!!

FAKEDEX NAOWE.

Thankkk youuuu CB Although I like receiving crit, I very much appreciate these 'I like this' comments, because they make me really happy!

No new sprites at the moment, I'm being a useless lazy-ass (plus I'm trying to breed a surprise shiny for my sister shhh she doesn't know) but no worries, I haven't stopped making these completely P:

Nah, I'll rather just keep doing my own thing, besides (after a quick googling), the existing fakemon there aren't exactly the kind that give me a 'hey this could be a real pokemon'-feel :U
Too detailed and/or just not pokemon-y idek also OFFICIAL POKEMON DON'T HAVE FLOATY PARTS which is why I really dislike fakemon with floaty body parts because floaty parts usually mean "i have no idea how to make these connect OH WELL I'll just make them float lol"
(I'm not saying my fakes are better or anything idk I just don't like these)

anyhoo, NEW sproits:

grif_1.png

Grilite - CRYSTAL POKÉMON
rock/flying

grif_2.png

Grifstal - GRIFFIN POKÉMON
rock/flying

(second fossil line)

EDIT: TOO FAST FOR YOU AGAIN
third and last fossil line (doesn't look like a rock type but shhhhh)

chim_1.png

Chimir - CHIMAERA POKÉMON
rock/fighting

chim_2.png

Tremeira - CHIMAERA POKÉMON
rock/fighting

edit: wtf is going on with tremeira's feet brb fixing blarg

Last edited:
thankss C:

they fly.... with MAGIC
maybe they expel air from their butts or something? how should I know, I'm just the designer .D (<derpface smiley, not a typo)

Um actually haunter has floatyparts and it is the best pokemon. >|

Uh okay I guess I'll also say that your sprites/fakes are awesome and stuff (but floatyparts would make better). I like the rockygriffins. :D Grilite reminds me oddly of porygon. AND PORYGON-Z ALSO HAS FLOATYPARTS.

woops I knew I forgot something
but Haunter and Porygon-Z having floatyparts makes sense, and it's not overdone. :U Making a fakemon with all limbs/some random parts separated from its body is just lazy.

P:
(moar sprites later maybe)

Wow, these are brilliant, both in design and art quality. I seriously wish Nintendo would commission you to do sprites for the next Pokémon games. I like that you don't use the standard accepted colors for things. Although I have to say, I thought Tenclipse's original sprite was awesome.

Thank you! I like trying out different things.
Haha, I'm pretty sure the guys at Gamefreak know how to do this better'n me P:

new, basically the steel gym leader's (
1gym_steel.png
) shield/sword duo:

shiild.png

Sheeld - COVER POKÉMON
steel/ground

sord_1.png

Knite - KNIFE POKÉMON
steel

sord_2.png

Arminite - SWORD POKÉMON
steel/fighting

Last edited:
derppp 8D
actually not based on him in any way but the design ended up looking like that, so :U

currently trying to do a vs face for the hippie grass type e4, we'll see what happens

this happened:
1e4_grass.png

I've already strayed pretty far from the animefaces but I guess it's okay since I'm not Japanese ?
also who the fuck cares the animefaces are hard to do

Dats fery nice!

Could I request something?

I would like a Chandelure (sprite format) but with a knight helmet (similar to the ones of the Yukes in Crystal Chronicles) instead of its usually round and bizarre head. Is it possible? If not, I don't mind. I was planning to do it myself but I would prefer it done by a professional spriter...

Last edited:
this isn't a request thread!
I thought it'd be pretty obvious, since this is in the 'sprites and pixel art' forum instead of the 'art request shops' one :U
besides, I've never even really liked doing requests, so no. Maybe try in the aforementioned request forum for this kinda stuff.

I...am speechless. I can't think of the last time I saw Fakemon this beautiful. Probably never. Your style is exquisite, and I could honestly believe that these are legitimate Pokemon. The concepts are also amazing, and I definitely wish I'd thought of them. I love how the personality is taken into consideration in a lot of the designs (the bee-that-isn't-a-bee line, the faaaaabulous bird line).

The only thing I found wrong, ever, was the arm on the Hippie gym leader. It looks like Harry Potter's after someone zapped all the bones out of it. The elbow looks too much like...like a smooth curve, similar to a garden hose.

I hope that makes sense, I have no idea.

Also, simply because I think it SHOULD happen, should you want me to compile a Fakedex format for you, I'd be more than happy to. Y'know, for clarity and organization, and looking badass and stuff.

Thank you! C:
I think I see what you mean with the noodly arm thing, I'll see if I can fix it P: Thanks for pointing that out :D

Oh and I'm going to make a proper dex-y image with these after I've finished making the sprites for the most part. I have some sort of a dex-background for these, I'm posting the fakes with that bg on Pokecommunity (here I think just sprites are enough P:)

anyhoot, new stuff!
nan_day.png
(day)
nan_night.png
(night)
Vampenang - DETACHED POKÉMON
normal (day), ghost (night)

(based on the Penanggalan)

and

scar_1.png

Scarabal - DUNG LARVA POKÉMON
bug/ground

scar_2.png

Scaraburr - SCARAB BEETLE POKÉMON
bug/ground or bug/fire

Scaraburr has an ability which changes its type from the usual bug/ground to bug/fire when Sunny Day is in effect.

EDEET:

sukelt_1.png

Dytiger - WATER TIGER POKÉMON
bug/water

sukelt_2.png

Dytiscal - DIVING BEETLE POKÉMON
bug/flying or bug/water

Dytiscal has an ability which changes its type from bug/flying to bug/water when Rain Dance is in effect! :O

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom