• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I view Jirachi and Deoxys as a legendary duo

kidpixkid

Banned
I think of Jirachi and Deoxys as a legendary duo. Maybe it's because they both have the Psychic type? (Yes, I know that Jirachi also has the Steel type.) Maybe it's because they are next to each other in the Pokédex? I don't know!

They don't have that much in common, aside from the noted Psychic types and being close together in the dex. However, they could be seen as opposites, which duos usually are. Jirachi is a rather old and ancient pokemon, while Deoxys was born recently, being a mutated space virus and all. But, like other duos, they do have somethings in commonIn the anime, Jirachi "hatched" from a crystal, while Deoxys was regenerated from a crystal. Jirachi also resembles a star, a play on "wishing upon a star", while Deoxys comes from space. That, coupled with a shared type, could lead someone to see them as a duo.

When I was little I thought that Jirachi evolved into Deoxys. (But then again I also thought Chimecho evolved into Absol)

I agree with you, I've always thought of them as a duo, not sure why. Maybe it's as superyoshi says, that Jirachi is a 'star' and Deoxys came from space, meh.

Nowai o_o'

Well, I can't see anything between them, but maybe that's just me...

Shaymin and Arceus aren't... >_> Nah, it won't work.

I've always seen Jirachi and Deoxys as their own little duo too, personally. Mostly because they are both from outer space.

Deoxys is also a good foil to Jirachi. Deoxys is cold, alien, and not very pretty, while Jirachi is friendly, relatable and adorable. It's like they're opposites, counterparts.

Well, it’s as superyoshi888 previously stated. They both come from space, so I can see how you would consider them being a duo. However, Deoxys has four different forms while Jirachi has only one.
But, neither can be obtained in-game. Both must be obtained from an event or cheat device.
It’s possible they were meant to be a duo like Dialga and Palkia, but I’ve never really noticed it before.

I see Celebi and Deoxys as a Duo, y'know, the original *time* and *space* fellas

...that does not even make sense, since the "space" in "space and time" is not the same as the "space" in "space virus".

I never really saw that Deoxis and Jiratchi had anything in common beside the way their obtained. Big movie promos, retailer events, and cheating devices.

Last edited:
...that does not even make sense, since the "space" in "space and time" is not the same as the "space" in "space virus".

I know... but, its the closest to 'space' there is other than palkia, and celebi is a very accurate time pokemon. I know its not close though :S

Well, it’s as superyoshi888 previously stated. They both come from space, so I can see how you would consider them being a duo. However, Deoxys has four different forms while Jirachi has only one.

You could consider that another contrast; Deoxys has many faces while Jirachi only needs one! Kind of adding to that effect that Deoxys is so alien to most and Jirachi is much cuter and more relatable.
...Okay, now I'm just being argumentative. :P

Hmm... I guess there's kind of a "sci-fi vs. fantasy" thing going on with those two.

Jirachi's basically the Pokémon version of a genie (well, it's actually based on a Japanese tradition of writing wishes on little paper tags, but the "stays asleep/sealed for a long time, grants wishes, then sleeps again" thing seems pretty genie-ish), and of course Deoxys is a mutated virus from space (three staples of sci-fi series rolled into one... mutants, viruses that don't really work like real viruses, and aliens!)

But I wouldn't count them as a "duo," since there's really no solid link between them at all (even less than Lugia and Ho-Oh, who only have the "Gold/Silver version mascot" thing and the fact that they both had towers in Ecruteak.)

I thought that too xD

I know! What was that about? I think I thought it because they were both next to each other in the pokedex and had a similar colour scheme.
Also I didn't know that froslass was related to Snorunt when the pokedex first came out.

Giratina has two formes while Palkia and Dialga only have one. They are a trio, so it would still work if Jirachi and Deoxys were a duo.

Support:
-They come from space/resemble celestial objects. (Deoxys=alien, Jirachi=star)
-They share a common type. (Psychic)
-They are obtained through similar methods. (Cheating/Event)
-Both were, in the anime, "born" from a crystal.
-They can be seen as opposites like the other duos. Jirachi is old, Deoxys is new. Jirachi looks cuter/more friendly, while Deoxys looks cold/mean.

Against:
-Only one has an in game location, though Jirachi was briefly referenced in Mossdeep near the white rock.
-They don't even resemble each other that much, unlike Lugia/Ho-oh, Mew/Mewtwo, and Latias/Latios. (Though Darkrai/Cresselia don't either, so it can be forgiven.)
-Each region only has one confirmed duo each.
-They have yet to appear together in any form of media, unlike the others. Even Lugia and Ho-oh at least had intertwined stories in GSC.

You know, Manaphy and Shaymin can be seen as a duo, considering one is the sea and the other is the earth...

But, neither can be obtained in-game. Both must be obtained from an event or cheat device.
It’s possible they were meant to be a duo like Dialga and Palkia, but I’ve never really noticed it before.

Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are a trio >.>

If anything, I see Deoxys and Mewtwo as a duo, NOT Jirachi and Deoxys

-Both are mutants
-Both are fighting machines (ESPECIALLY Deoxys Attack Forme)
-Both look alien
-Both are pure Psychic
-Both are made from another being (Mewtwo from Mew, Deoxys from a Virus)

Back
Top Bottom