• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

Since when do people care about the villians past, the villian wants to turture all pokemon, he has a nac for technology, the first person in the role play helps Alex . Also why does everyone want to question my role play abilities seriously i've been a role player for years.

Since when do people care about the villians past, the villian wants to turture all pokemon, he has a nac for technology, the first person in the role play helps Alex . Also why does everyone want to question my role play abilities seriously i've been a role player for years.

Because if you don't know about this, he is flat and boring. Why should we care about your flat characters? they have no life, no inspiration, no spark. Roleplay is about character interaction and development and fun, not watching one guy get to be badass for a few hours and then telling him how badass he is for a few more. So far what I have seen from you makes me say those Eight Deadly Words, and that is bad writing, my friend.

So far all I can see is a Designated Villain and a Gary-Stu protag and no plot. The bad guy is evil for the sake of evil, and has no Start of Darkness, no Motivation, nothing. Your character is obviously a Self-Insert of the worst degree, and everyone else is just there to watch. Sorry if I sound harsh or rude, but it's true.

I seriously doubt you have roleplayed for 'years' or if you have, the quality of said roleplaying and the sanity of your past partners. And the fact you type like a gerbil on a keyboard doesn't help. I have a social group you should read, my friend.

(Ninja'd)

... Umm. It does kind of matter what the villain's past was. It explains why they chose to do all the bad stuff they do. It clears up most of the fog around the story. And what if one of the characters has a past twisted up in the villain's? Wouldn't it make sense to explain how and why they know each other?

Also, the description for the villain... Is pretty misty. A knack for technology? Doesn't tell us much. What specific type/field of technology would be helpful. And the villain "wanting to torture all Pokemon" doesn't have a backbone to support it. This goes back to the villain's past, which would (hopefully) explain why he wants to torture them. Is it a grudge against all Pokemon for the hurt they caused him so long ago? Or maybe he's mentally impaired, thus making him want to rid the world of the supposed problem (which in this case might be Pokemon)? So, to answer your first question, since forever we've cared about the villain's past since it helps us comprehend the real problem here.

Ok it feels like noone is reading my posts what is Eight Deadly Warriors? Anyway how about you RP with me and you can see how i've been critisized wrongly?

If you clicked the link, you'd know. :/

Look, here's my advice. Scrap the idea, start over. I think this thread has made it clear that the idea needs to be redone, built from the ground up again. Like a building that wasn't built to code, you can only do little bitty fixes on the spot. Anything beyond "little," and you need to tear it down and start over. You seem fixed on this idea of some great heroes, so start with that, disregarding any relation to Pokemon or anything else.

Better yet, wait before you start an RP. Try just joining a few others, and once you've gotten rid of the "New Guy Smell," so to speak, start one up.

Just my thoughts.

Ok it feels like noone is reading my posts what is Eight Deadly Warriors? Anyway how about you RP with me and you can see how i've been critisized wrongly?

It's *Words, and they are "I don't care what happens to these people." I linked to it in my post.

I'm sorry but first impressions are very important when it comes to this, regarding writing - you type bad OOC, you are expected to type bad IC. Roleplay is a written medium, and if your writing is bad, well... Unless you buckle up and improve your manner of speaking (well, typing), I don't think you'll get too much action.

ETA: also, I am currently writing up a guide that helps one make their own roleplay! When I post it in my social group, people should read it!

Alexguy100 said:

Mind you, we have been reading your posts to the best of our ability (it's kind of hard to read with all those spelling errors and run-ons, actually). And we're simply stating our blunt thoughts on the matter.
(And I think it said "Eight Deadly Words," not "Warriors.")
Furthermore, I don't believe Coloursfall, nor Stormecho, nor myself has criticized you wrongly. We've been reading your posts, trying to help you out with this thing, and trying to explain how important some things are in a roleplay to actually make it enjoyable. You, though, keep on saying that we've not been following what you've been saying, so your statements are rather hypocritical. All we're trying to do is help, you know.

Dude, EVERYONE is reading your posts, and we are trying to tell you what is wrong with your RP. And no one's talking about how you are a skilled RPer or not; we're talking about your RP idea and how it needs to be fixed. Yet you seem to be ignoring every single thing we are saying. Dude, we are trying to help you with this, but you do nothing to fix your RP.

I was thinking of joining an RP, but I've never done RP's; I usually don't. I'm more of a fanfic and storywriter than a roleplayer. I heard that roleplaying can help your writing skills quite a bit, but I am so new to it that I seriously am having trouble understanding. Thing is I'm not even sure as to why.

Are there any fanfics that are in sign ups right now that would be easy to follow? Or are there RP'ers willing to deal with a noob? (Though note I'm not entirely hopeless... I hope. I mean I consider myself a decent writer.)

EDIT: And Alexguy100, the problem I see with your idea is that it would work much better as a fanfic than an RP. (note I am suuuuper new to this.) You seem to already have a story in mind and a plot set up. You should try writing a chapter or two of your idea and you may see that it's better as a fanfiction. Also I've noticed with RP's you usually don't create other characters than your own, IE these two other pokémon. And it seems that your character is a Gary-Stu, and that leaves no room in the story for other people?

Please someone whack me with a banana or something if I'm wrong.

Ok im obviously being ignored here, one shouldnt a good adventure have some mystery, two I already said the guys are powerless not being used to being pokemon not even any pokemon moves, three i've been an RPer for years, anyway you want a story of the villian ok.

His name is techno, when he was a kid a freak accident happened where he got morphed toghether with a klink klang making him increadably smart, but also an outcast, thus makeing him hate all pokemon, hes tried before but Alex and the others have stopped him, thats why he changed them.

How about that?

I was thinking of joining an RP, but I've never done RP's; I usually don't. I'm more of a fanfic and storywriter than a roleplayer. I heard that roleplaying can help your writing skills quite a bit, but I am so new to it that I seriously am having trouble understanding. Thing is I'm not even sure as to why.

Are there any fanfics that are in sign ups right now that would be easy to follow? Or are there RP'ers willing to deal with a noob? (Though note I'm not entirely hopeless... I hope. I mean I consider myself a decent writer.)

I would be willing to take you under my wing if you like - maybe read some of the older RPs to start, give this a read-over.

iirc, you play D&D, yes? That's a great start, if you do campaigns with lots of RPing in them. really, RP is like... a big fic that a bunch of people are writing together and has a goal, but you never know when you'll get there!

Ok im obviously being ignored here, one shouldnt a good adventure have some mystery, two I already said the guys are powerless not being used to being pokemon not even any pokemon moves, three i've been an RPer for years, anyway you want a story of the villian ok.

His name is techno, when he was a kid a freak accident happened where he got morphed toghether with a klink klang making him increadably smart, but also an outcast, thus makeing him hate all pokemon, hes tried before but Alex and the others have stopped him, thats why he changed them.

How about that?

I edited my post, but was ninja'd, and you're not being ignored!

Though I also need to mention that you really seem to need spellcheck.

I would be willing to take you under my wing if you like - maybe read some of the older RPs to start, give this a read-over.

iirc, you play D&D, yes? That's a great start, if you do campaigns with lots of RPing in them. really, RP is like... a big fic that a bunch of people are writing together and has a goal, but you never know when you'll get there!

Thanks!

Thing is for D&D I'm usually DMing. Plus, my party is more 'RAWR TREASURE AND KILL THINGS WITH BLUNT WEAPONS' than actually acting out their characters.

I'm thinking of reading some of the RP's. So what exactly does the... is it what GM, DM? Do?

Thanks!

Thing is for D&D I'm usually DMing. Plus, my party is more 'RAWR TREASURE AND KILL THINGS WITH BLUNT WEAPONS' than actually acting out their characters.

I'm thinking of reading some of the RP's. So what exactly does the... is it what GM, DM? Do?

Aaah, I see! I'm a DM too, but I was blessed with a group of Storytellers, Explorers and Actors rather than Slayers.

A DM for a forum-based RP is pretty much in the same role as a DM in D&D - you control the action, while trying to make sure your players have fun! You also decide what sort of form the players fill out for their characters (if any) and decide if said form/character is good enough to join the RP. You also write up the plot and keep any secret events are happening! You drive the plot forward, usually by controlling NPCs, monsters, the world around the characters, and the villain.

It sounds difficult at first, but you get the hang of it!

How about that?

Dude, first off, this thread is not just talking about your RP idea; this thread is for EVERYONE's RP ideas and that does not mean you are being ignored. Heck, about five people are telling you this, yet you say you are being ignored.

Yes, a good RP should have a bit of mystery, but not like that. Mysteries should be something that's unexpected, like if the villain or the hero wins, but there should not be any mysteries in the basic plot. It's not even a mystery; it's poorly describing an RP. You have to give more info or else no one would like to join.

You're going to have to do better than that with the villain's past. First off, he wouldn't be called Techno before the accident, because that'd be dumb. Would it be a nickname for him after the accident? And what was the freak accident? Did he have relatives that were scientists who showed him a morphing experiment that resulted in the Klinklang accidentally going to morph with him (Don't just say "yeah, that'd be an idea". No, make something else, because that's basically being lazy with the idea and plagarizing an idea I just made for it. That was an example. Make something other than the example.)

And what did he try? You never said what he tried? And how did Alex stop him? What relationships did he have with Techno that allowed Alex to defeat him?

And I swear to you, even with this idea that needs desperate fixing, it still be better if you typed correctly, because just because you can type right in RPs (or so you say) doesn't give you the right to type wrong out of RPs.

Finally, I suggest reading this that Colorsfall put on his RP social group he mentioned beforehand. Read "9. Constructive Criticism", and then read the rest of the dang thing.

Last edited:
@Phantom; and I'll probably get ninja'd (EDIT: there we go, see?) but the DM/GM is the one who organizes the story and keeps it generally on track plot-wise. They may or may not have their own character, though they'll typically control most of the NPCs.

And this is sort of mostly aimed at alexguy100 but GMing is a lot harder than just being an RPer in general, so you might want to join a few RPs and see how things work here before trying to run an RP of your own.

On the side, can I just say I have never seen TCoD move as fast as it does here in RP. Holy shite.

Sorry for the delays and errors, it seems 500's are trying to destroy me.

I've been in one RP before. I made two posts before it died, and I was sad to see the RP fail.

I'm reading up. I'm not too into the pokémon RP's, so I am hunting for others. Maybe after some time I'll make a new one. Or a Who one! (see it rhymed and stuff, I had to. I don't think I am really gonna do that)

On the side, can I just say I have never seen TCoD move as fast as it does here in RP. Holy shite.

Sorry for the delays and errors, it seems 500's are trying to destroy me.

I've been in one RP before. I made two posts before it died, and I was sad to see the RP fail.

I'm reading up. I'm not too into the pokémon RP's, so I am hunting for others. Maybe after some time I'll make a new one. Or a Who one! (see it rhymed and stuff, I had to. I don't think I am really gonna do that)

The only topic that moved faster than this was The Silence Game (Seriously, one of the games took 8 days to get to 1000 posts. EIGHT days...)

Right now, there are basically only Pokemon and My Little Pony RPs (Or did I miss a sign up that's different?). If you can't find an RP to join, make one. Yes, GMing is harder than just joining in RPs, but you could most likely pull it off. Though, if you say it's your first time at RPing in a while, co-mod an RP, so that the other co-mod would help you out if you needed help GMing it. :D

Back
Top Bottom