• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

Most Pokemon will be fully evolved - sleepers, anyways - so evolutions won't be such an awesome prize. I also might use ASB-style combat and enforce it with the banhammer if people go overboard.

There, will, however be a ton of human weapons and tech scavenged from all the now useless trainer technology! Yaaaay! So that part of the experience system, for humans, is definitely functional with only a bit of tweaking. Thanks for the suggestions, Shadow. I will prefer to work out the rest sort of on my own, though. x3 Time to lurk and plan this out...

Arylett, you're not alone! Humans will need benefits, yes. Most likely equipment cannibalized from their days as trainers, as Storm says. They've got plenty to work with, but here are some of my ideas so far.

The TM Driver. Modeled after the Snag Machine from Pokemon Colosseum, it fits onto a human's arm, with a pre-attached plate of body armor that covers the upper torso as well. Using the elemental gems as a power source - the ones introduced in Gen V - it allows humans to use pokemon moves via the use of TM/HM disks, as long as they are the same type TM/HM as the gem being used as the power supply. The device has not been perfected yet, and as a result, TMs are once again single use only. On top of that, the gems will require recharging between uses. Making the device better suited to self-defense, since it performs poorly in extended confrontations. Which humans should be trying to avoid anyway, being as frail as they are compared to pokemon.

Instead of experience, my idea for humans is to have their strength measured by how many items they can carry and use in battle. Drugs like X Special and Dire Hit, to increase their battle performance (steroids, basically :love:), Held Items like the Smoke Ball, so that they can flee from battle easier, TM/HM disks for use with the Driver, and Poke-Gear styled functions like a pokemon radar, itemfinder, and other features. These items could be dispensed freely to the population, or acquired through some kind of underground market via money. How that happens is Storm's call.

Additionally, there could be other customized gadgets they could acquire or invent. Like an ability that forces pokemon to forget their moves temporarily Move-Deleter style, or armor to enhance their latent psychic potential enough to let them use limited telekinesis like they made for Mewtwo. Humans have technology on their side here, so honestly I can't understand why there's so little demand for them. D=<

...This is way cooler than that metallic laser gun Mourmedy used back in the day. I approve massively and am now extremely excited for this RP. HUMAN HIGH FIVE, METALOS! Seriously, you guys, you don't know what you're missing, playing Pokémon.

Personally, Stormy, I don't think you should do an ASB system or anything like that. I tried to mix ASB and RPing once and it was... a horrible disaster that went crashing down. Since the whole thing involves a lot of math too, and well, it's more an RP than it is a game, isn't it? I'd advise keeping things simple, because if it's too complicated for you to manage, you'll just kinda lose motivation and stop. Same thing happened to me during the aforementioned ASB + RP combo.

XD

Damn it Metalos, you totally took the pitiful wimps of humans and made them too awesome. Now they're god-tier and no one will want to play Pokemon! The horror!

I don't understand it. The Pokemon we're overlooking here are hand-chosen genetically superior fighting machines. xD In what way are the humans stronger? Way cooler maybe... but my money is still on the sleeping horrors in a real fight. Remember, the reason for all this tech is so that the humans can encounter these Pokemon and live.

That said, at least we might actually get more than 2 humans now. So I can't complain. HUMAN POWER! 8D *highfives Arylett*

Last edited:
But, but... I didn't play a hand-picked genetically superior fighting machine in both previous iterations, I just played a relatively regular Pokemon. :sweatdrop:

That said, good suggestions on how to make humans not-so-squishy.

Oh ye gods this took forever but: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showthread.php?t=12793

There. In progress but I am finishing up. Metalos is co-GM for human issues - as in, he is the one mainly thinking of human stuff so it was just easier to have him organize the "shop" and such - and I might pester those who already offered if the next few days prove arduous.

EDIT: FFF, can't edit in the option for the Open/Closed tab - why the hell hasn't it shown up what did I do wrong D:

There's no option for Open/Closed tab in the RP Lounge, silly Stormy. You have to write it in yourself. That's why I can't edit mine into the damn Sanctic one, idiot Server.

Ahaha! An epic person to be handling humans. :>

I'll be joining almost immediately. Once that sentence vanishes.

There - there isn't?

EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER KNOWN HAS BEEN A LIE.

Once the server errors stop plaguing me, I'll put up the player list and my app and then all will be ready.

I'll join to when the time comes. Expect the return of everyone's favorite homicidal ghost, as well as two new characters at some point

Okay, I have an idea for a text-based RPG with the "G" part being on a bit more emphasis.

It's set in the world of Rainfallen, a world inhabited by six intelligent species, each themed with a unique aspect.
  • Lizard people (Ferocity)
  • Bird people (Grace)
  • Human people (Pride)
  • Dog people (Valour)
  • Spider people (Intelligence)
  • Cat people (Slyness)
Each race will have three classes, the classes being split into magic, ranged and melee classes.

The story will follow the RP'ers, a group of exiles, fighting for their place in a world where every neighbour is an enemy.

There will be at least 18 boss battles, a stat and experience system, skills, and a personal drive from my part to keep it going.

Anyone interested?

((Spiderman, spiderman, blah blah (how ever the rest of the songe goes) ))
Im in, and im gonna be ironic.

I HATE spiders, so im gonna be a spider. Score 1 for irony.

would anyone be interested in a realistic RP that takes place (at least partially/mostly) in an internet chatroom, like AIM or some other type of instant messaging system, or even like, Facebook?

Back
Top Bottom