• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

Anyone else remember the Amityville RP?... Would anyone be interested in a similar RP? You know, Justice League/Teen Titans/X-Men/Avengers-based type thing. A team of superheroes saving the day. As is their nature. Or like the old Amityville RP, which was sort of like X-Men. School for... "gifted" people. That sort of thing. Well, I think it sounds fun. :p

someone else run it cause I suck at that

I would probably revive my old character from Amityville if someone ran it. It was fun, if a bit scattered. We could use more active RPs.

People actually liked Amityville that much?

As the original creator, I feel honoured and I would indeed approve of a similar RP.

Anyone wanna do a RP with a similar plot to The World Ends With You? It'd make an interesting RP.

I'd of course have to finish playing the game but yeah

As soon as I read that spoiler text, I was in. But oh man, it's been a very, very long time since I've touched one of the games and even longer since I've seen any of the anime.

I had the idea as I decided to start watching the anime from the begining...

Kay, SO, have this really basic idea with no plot. I don't really know if it constitutes as a Pokemorph RP, but the idea is that Pokemon training has simply fallen out of style. It's still around, but not like it once was. What people prefer now is to augment their bodies to model themselves after Pokemon, and use technology to replicate attacks.

For example, this guy. Dyed his hair, changed his eye color, and trained in martial arts extensively. The devices on his palms generate energy similar to Aura so he can make "Aura Spheres." Maybe his goggles have something to roughly imitate Aura vision, like thermal vision or something.

I don't think these would be classified as Pokemorphs, because the idea of this is that the people still don't actually have the powers of Pokemon. Someone imitating Charizard might have some pyrotechnic stuff, but they couldn't actually breathe fire. They're still human.

So, yeah, I have no plot. I think I'd prefer if someone else took this and ran with it, because I've lost confidence in my ability to run RPs.

Well I have a plot and such, I'm just gauging interest from people who know the lore for now, so.

ETA: Well you don't need to know too much of the lore really as it's taking place on a plane i made. Mostly just know about Planeswalking and stuff.

Winter break is coming up and I just finished a major paper. I've been lurking around here and it doesn't seem like much is going on. I kinda feel like starting something. Reading old RPs for the umpteenth time has given me an itch to try and restart one of my old ones. If anyone remembers them (or if you want to look at my thread history) then please speak up.

On the other hand, it's been almost six months since the last attempt at a mass crossover (six months being what I theorized as the 'cooldown' between attempts). I think, though, this time we should try something at least slightly more concise. Limiting it to a certain genre (now, if you go to my previous RPs and check out the King of Fighters one, I probably originally intended for that to be focused on fighting games, but kept it open-ended because I was worried about people not actually knowing fighting games), medium, setting type, and the like doesn't seem like something we've really tried before and it might lend us some of the focus we would need to see something through without having it fray on us. However, I believe somewhere in the handful of SSB RPs we did limit to a company (Nintendo) so not completely foreign to us. The other approach to narrowing would be to figure out a handful of properties we want available, with possibly a few exceptions, an approach that seems Kingdom Hearts-like to me. Maybe we need to call another planning committee.

Heh, it would be nice for another crossover RP to take place. If there's going to be another planning committee I'll take part in that, at least.

Planning Committee... HMMMM

Well, this section has been pretty stagnant. A good crossover may do it some good.

I shall look forward to hearing more.

If I can squeeze some time in after finishing up the other final things I've got this semester, I'll put one up. If it's not up by this weekend, assume I have given up.

A couple of years ago I suggested an RP with Mary Sues/godmodding/an extra terrible plot/billions of cliches/all that good stuff, and you guys shot it down because you'd rather join other RPs. Are there few enough RPs for that to happen now or is everyone still violently opposed to the idea itself? ((hehehehehe))

A couple of years ago I suggested an RP with Mary Sues/godmodding/an extra terrible plot/billions of cliches/all that good stuff, and you guys shot it down because you'd rather join other RPs. Are there few enough RPs for that to happen now or is everyone still violently opposed to the idea itself? ((hehehehehe))

I'd be chill with this

Back
Top Bottom