• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I've been dwelling on it, and after consulting a friend we think we have a pretty good basic plot.

“Characters find mysterious portal (again, possibly inside mousehole), wind up in Pokemon world. TR are good guys, and Lance is power-obsessed and crazy. The two teams are at war, but TR have lost and been imprisoned by the team of gullible trainers that Lance and the Elite Four have made. Legendaries are either also captured, or are in a mansion created by Arceus and normally invisible to humans, a enraged (haven’t decided yet). Teenagers wind up in one of two places. In the mansion where the legendaries live or in the Prison. Those in the House will be turned into Pokemon (Arceus and Mewtwo are not options, and I'm on the fence about the other legendaries), those in Prison must team up with TR to get out. Group of legendaries/Pokemon and group of untransformed characters/Rockets meet; epic adventure ensues to defeat Lance's army and prevent them from completely taking over the Pokemon world.”

Some help would be appreciated if you think it could be better somehow, and it would be appreciated if you'd tell me if you like it.

Me too. My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE kind of Pokemon RP is when our characters get to turn into Pokemon. It fascinates me :D I'm in.

What Darksong said, even if only understood the part of the plot where your character gets turned into a Pokémon, but hell, that's the most interesting part.

Also Darksong you better start Rebirth before people throw signs at you.

It could go either way, yeah.
If you wanted to be human, you could be. If you wanted to be a Pokemon, you could be.

That said, I've typed up a plot, though I've ousted the finding a portal part for the most part.

“Get in there, miserable, abusive Rocket tools!!”

A man in a bright green uniform cracked a whip angrily, and many people garbed in black were loaded onto a boxcar. To any ordinary person from our world, this would almost seem like a scene from Nazi-era Germany. But in the Pokemon world, where this scene unfolded, a battle had concluded. A massive battle that would decide the fate of said world itself.

From a platform above, the very same that Giovanni had used to speak on occasion, Lance the Dragon Master cackled. His Dragonite shot bluish fire at the helpless Rockets coming out of the badly damaged Viridian City landmark. Some were caught in the blaze and were killed, and it spurred the others to run faster.

“At last… At last I can finally go after the legendaries and cleanse this world of the humans… just me and the Pokemon…” Lance muttered, watching the utter chaos in the midst of the night.

Meanwhile, an azure-haired Executive glanced at her partner, green eyes shimmering with fear and sweat pouring off of her face. “This… how did we lose this?!”

“I don’t know…” her black-haired partner answered, “But it looks like the end of the line for Team Rocket, for us, and for humanity…”

The fires continued to burn Viridian City, and on a hill near the forest, a blue wolf-like Pokemon with a violet cloud streaming from its back watched the scene. It howled, and thunder roared before rain started to pour. Saddened and angered, the Suicune dashed off at top speed…

-----------------------

The blond-haired girl peered out of the window of the mansion, just barely able to see a blue blur before shifting shape into a horse-like form for her own comfort. The Suicune burst into the door angrily, soaking wet, before transforming herself into a human.

“It’s happened. Lance has won, and he’s probably coming for us next.”

A Darkrai in the back scoffed, glancing at an Azelf. “Well then, we can’t let them do that, now can we? Fucking bastard…”

“No, we can’t…” the Arceus muttered grimly, “But the humans of this world are too divided… All the supporters of the Rockets have been captured, the trainers think the Dragon Master was blessed by my hand and that they should follow him… the only ones left who oppose his plan to eliminate the human race are us.”

“So what do you propose we do about it?” A Palkia growled, “You say all the humans are too divided, but what do you intend to do? Send us out and risk him getting his faggot-ass paws on us?”

“No, we can’t reveal ourselves. If he finds this mansion, we’re screwed. No, I know what we need to do…” she glared at the wall, and a swirling violet portal opened in front of her.

“What? Are you going to bring more humans?” the Darkrai snarked, ice blue eyes shining with bitterness, “Some of them could just as easily believe the lies of Lance’s trainers and work with them!!”

“Why do you think I’m the head legendary?” the Arceus laughed, “Some of them won’t even be humans.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Another normal day. You were tired as hell, and you were about to go to bed. As you fall asleep, you feel a presence in your bedroom, but shrug it off.

When you wake up, your surroundings are completely different.

Some of you may find yourselves in a cold, dank room. It’s dark, and it reeks of a dungeon of some sort. You can hardly see anyone, but you can hear the sounds of breathing all around you. It’s almost definitely a prison cell, because there are iron bars in front of the tiny windows and in other places, and there is little else in the room aside from a few cots and a toilet. What you can see of some of the prisoners is deplorable – there are whip scars all over them and some seem pale from sickness. As the prisoners wake up and notice you, the situation becomes clear as they explain. Now what do you decide to do? Will you aid the Rockets in escaping and stopping Lance? Will you refuse to believe them after finding out what they are, then join the trainers in world conquest?

Then there’s those of you who will wake up feeling a little different than usual. You’re not in your bedroom anymore, but the room you’re in is surprisingly comfortable. A young blond woman walks into the room and asks if you’re feeling alright, then asks you to not panic, and to look at yourself. You look down, and see that you are no longer human. You’re a Pokemon, though what kind would depend on the person. The woman seems to smirk at your surprise, then explains to you what is going on, where you are, and what she is. She shows you by transforming, then tells you why you’re there, and that it’s up to you to decide what you do now. The same questions hang in the air for you. Do you believe Lance is in the right? Or will you try to stop him?

Lemme know what you guys think of the plot, and I'll post it later. :]

OK, more fully formed idea from me now. Long description that needs cleaning up here:

I was thinking of another dystopian setting. Zilina is a city of humans and Pokemon, controlled by a corporation and the tiny, clearly false, government it controls. After moving in and buying out the government, this corporation seeks to transform it into a modern utopia named Sigma City. Two tiers of society exist, a minority group living under the highest standards of living, utilizing the latest in consumer technology. They are composed of executives, directors, officials, scientists, clerks, and the like. The other is the majority group, who live in squalor on the outside of a wall separating the two social levels. They are the manual laborers, harvesting resources needed and working the factories they live dangerously close to. A black market tries to bring in luxury goods, but to little effect.
Also living within the city would be the results of two great experiments. One is the ever so popular creation of human/Pokemon hybrids, now employed for work and as pets and slaves by the upper class. Another would be a new class of Pokemon, mostly dual-types, which have been infused with a second or third elemental type, and gifted with enough intelligence to communicate with humans. They are usually employed by the corporation's internal security department.
Within society, there are those who don't like the status quo. They fight an underground war against the corporation, with the lower city as their main battlefield. They organized a great uprising a few years ago which caused the board of directors to round up and kill as many as a fifth of the laborers, and brainwash another sixth of them.
Also active are Team Galactic, who were about to kick the corporation out of the energy market with their research on Pokemon evolution energy, before the corporation cracked down on them, killing many of them. However, Galactic simply slinked away, and now works as a background force, with members working contracts for either the rebels or the corporation, and infiltrating both sides. They oppose both the rebels and the corporation, but can't hope to challenge the corporation, nor can they afford to engage in open warfare with the rebels.

OK, first off, I obviously need cool names for the corporation in control of the city, and the rebel organization working to overthrow them. Otherwise, feedback?

Last edited:
@link008: Hey, that sounds pretty interesting. I've been looking for an RP other than The Smash Dojo or Rift in the Dimensions to join.

Sorry I can't help with the names, though. I'm no good with that sort of thing.

Ooh I'd join :DDD

And I could be a DM for the rebels, but I'll only roleplay the second in command >:3

Raikou, you can head Team Galactic's forces, if you want. They're kinda evil.

Dragon, if you want to DM the rebels, can you think of a lovely name?

Last edited:
Okay, I have a vague idea for an RP. The storyline I thought of might be a bit depressing, and maybe a little short depending on how it's handled, but I liked it.

(Takes place in a futuristic society, where the entire universe is inhabitable for the characters involved)

Some friends (not too many, I wanna keep it small-ish) are about to graduate from the Academy (a series of schools where all teens on Earth go before they seek out careers in the Universe). When they graduate from the Academy, they will all go their seperate ways (maybe we'll do a time skip, and treat the Academy as just an introduction). After the time skip, one of the friends (probably played by me) becomes a very powerful political figure and starts slowly gaining more and more power over the planets in the universe. The other friends realize what's happening and plan a universe-wide rebellion against the political figure.

After that, I don't want to give much away, other than that I plan for a final confrontation between the political figure and the other friends, one full of Fable II-style endgame choices from every person involved.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom