• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If they were real, which ones would you fine in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a temperate area of semi-boring wildlife, nothing too large.

I live in New England, so...

Starters: Snivy, Torchic, Squirtle

Coast/Ocean: Shellos, Krabby, Frillish, Wailord, Sharpedo, Spheal, Dwebble, Wingull, Stunfisk, Shelmet, Clamperl

Freshwater: Basculin, Corphish, Magikarp, Bibarel, Feebas, Lotad, Karrablast, Poliwag

Forest: Venipede, Patrat, Joltik, Kricketot, Yanma, Spinarak, Karrablast, Buneary, Sawsbuck, Teddiursa, Caterpie, Weedle, Ledyba, Poochyena, Vulpix, Zigzagoon, Stunky, Starly, Hoothoot, Drilbur, Durant, Pachirisu

Farm/Urban: Ponyta, Bouffalant, Ducklett, Numel, Purrloin, Piloswine, Furret, Murkrow, Zubat, Pidove, Mareep

What about you guys?

West Coast: Temperate rainforest (Cfb). Rainfall: 1500mm/year Snowfall: 50cm/year. Summer average high/low: 19 C/13 C; Winter average high/low: 6 C/ 0 C.

Starters: Snivy, Charmander, Squirtle
Saltwater: Tirtouga, Wingull, Krabby, Sharpedo, Seel
Freshwater: Magikarp, Finneon, Panpour
Forest: Braviary, Ursaring, Durant, Hoppip, Foongus, Pansage
Urban: Murkrow, Ducklett, Swanna, Pidove, Buneary

Last edited:
I'd think ice and snow types in winter, mainly. Jynx, Sneasel, Beartic, Froslass, Snover, and so on. In summer there'd be things like Emolga, Mightyena, Houndour, Diglett, that squirrel thing which I can't remember off-hand from Diamond/Pearl, and flying types like Pidgey. Maybe there'd be a few Zorua and Zoroark kept around for their ability to create illusions and guard the household in winter months.

Cryogonal would be something like a myth, spoken of only in hushed tones. I mean, who'd really want to admit that Uncle Pete got carried off by a giant snowflake and didn't come back one winter?

I live somewhere between the country and the city so I feel like I'd get various species wandering around. The summer is warm so probably Vulpix, Growlithe, Torchic, Sunkern, hella Grass types...but in the winter it's hella cold, so probably Snorunt, Swinub, Piloswine, Sneasel. There's a lot of woods so Joltik, Emolga, Budew, Bidoof, Sentret, Purrloin, Patrat, Stantler, Teddiursa, but also a lot of urban areas, so Abra, Magnemite, Grimer, Koffing, Meowth, Poochyena, Scraggy. A really popular beach so probably Wailmer, Luvdisc, Squirtle, Gyarados, Shellder, and then the swampy areas, which would house Nincada, Mudkip, Tympole, Quagsire, Turtwig, Stunfisk.

Honestly I'm in one of those areas where there would be just about anything. It'd be sweet.

I always imagined that Scotland as a region in the Pokémon universe would have a reputation for its abundance of Flying and Ground-types, and not very much else. Maybe a couple of Electric-types, and Water-types would be more common the further you went into the islands, but...

There would be a lot of people who would own Granbull, I guess! Strong, industrious Pokémon would make up most of it, I think.

Canterbury/Kent as a whole is pretty historic, so maybe some of the (small) ancient ones?

And I suppose Devon would have lots of the ones you'd expect to find in fields; Mareep, Miltank, Ponyta, etc. Plus lots of the beachy ones - Shellos, Squirtle, Staryu, Marill, Shellder... and a metric crapload of Wingull.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more sure I am you wouldn't be able to take three steps without being attacked by a Wingull. (and in real life, you don't even get EXP for it)

Now for a serious answer.

I live in a semi-urban area, so I'd probably get Purrloin, Glameow, Murkrow, Meowth, Trubbish, Magnemite, and Koffing.

If I were to head to the nearest beach, there'd most likely be Crustle, Krabby, Tentacool, Octillery, Squirtle, Clamperl, Frillish/Jellicent, and the like.

As for the forests, there'd be stuff like Aipom, Mankey, the elemental monkeys, Bellsprout and its evolutions, Oddish and its evolutions (but not Bellossom), Ferroseed, Nincada, Ekans/Arbok, Butterfree, and Beedrill.

(In case it isn't already obvious, I live in the tropics.)

Starly, Pidgey, Zigazoon, Skunktank, Beedrill, Combee, maybe a Tentacool or Frillish at the beach, Wingull, Murkrow, I dunno.

EDIT: I am having a brain spazz and can't think of any coyote Pokemon.

Well that would explain things nicely. I feel less derpy now, thank you.

EDIT: I might also see Buneary.

I live in southeast Michigan.

Probably Buneary, Pidgey, a couple of Meowth's prowling about and maybe even a Pidgeotto or Vulpix. Sometimes a Squirtle or Pachirisu are spotted, or even a Politoed. I bet I'd be able to see Magikarp too, in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom