• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you were an admin here...

Rules of the internet said:
25. Relation to the original topic decreases with every single post.

If I was forced to be admin, I'd play around with figuring out how to make super-cool forum hacks. Perhaps I'd add some embedding features.

screw with ways to fix all the 500 errors. they used to be gone, then they came back today.

Marking individual threads read without having to actually load them would be nice.

oh god yes. I keep accidentally locking threads because I assume double clicking on the icon marks them as read (like it does for forums). :(

screw with ways to fix all the 500 errors. they used to be gone, then they came back today.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to untick the "produce 500 errors" box in the admin CP.

Also username history and full-size avatars somewhere on profiles so that I don't have to hunt down posts for them. Especially the former.

as if it was pimple

For some reason, that's striking me like "TV is a tree". My apologies. x3

Bad grammar can prevent understanding, especially online when we can't judge what someone means by body language or tone. Not sure how a pimple would inhibit someone in the same manner. Also, people tend to correct bad grammar in the hopes of it - oh, I don't know, becoming better?

On a more relevant note, if I were an admin, I'd probably be too lenient and/or lazy and do a horrible job. Or I'd let Turbo back and laugh at his antics, which would be a bad idea despite the brief moment of lulz.

I'd kind of like a way to see whether the main forum has any posts in it instead of it just being overall.

Since that was kind of vague, I'll put in an example. Say someone makes a post in the RP lounge. It shows that the whole forum has new posts in it, even if the main RPing forum has no new posts in it at all. I'd like to be able to see whether that specifically has new posts, since it shows whether the sub-forum has new posts or not in it, but I don't think it does the same for the main forum.

I'd actually be very lazy though.

Some people focus to much on bad grammar as if it was pimple and they love to point it out and make you think your dumb. Well that was then

I think this is the best post I have ever read.

Literally crying from the sheer beauty.

I'd kind of like a way to see whether the main forum has any posts in it instead of it just being overall.

Since that was kind of vague, I'll put in an example. Say someone makes a post in the RP lounge. It shows that the whole forum has new posts in it, even if the main RPing forum has no new posts in it at all. I'd like to be able to see whether that specifically has new posts, since it shows whether the sub-forum has new posts or not in it, but I don't think it does the same for the main forum.

I'd actually be very lazy though.

The sub-forums have little icons next to them. When the little icon is highlighted instead of faded, then the sub-forum has new posts.

But she's talking about the main forum itself, not the subforums. The main forum icon lights up if its subforums have new posts, even if the main forum itself does not, and she finds that misleading.

But she's talking about the main forum itself, not the subforums. The main forum icon lights up if its subforums have new posts, even if the main forum itself does not, and she finds that misleading.

Yep, that's pretty much my problem with it. It's okay the way it is, but kind of annoying sometimes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom