• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open I'm So Sick! (needs a better title)

"Good. Everyone seems to be here. I have summoned you because I must inform you of something rather serious, although not all of you will find I tell you something you didn't know already. It appears that the food was poisoned after it was delivered here, which means that it was someone here who poisoned the food, deliberately. This means that there is at least one person here, possibly more, who wants to deliberately harm Shadowflare. I don't so much care why or how, but if anyone knows anything come and talk to me at any time. Thank you. Anyone happy to say anything to the group?"

Lex finished his speech, and watched to see if there was any response from the assembled group. He doubted it, although there had been some accusations levelled at Ren before, and Lex wondered if they would show up.

He was taking something of a risk, as if there were other unconnected people who would want to do anything similar then the poisoner could become the nucleus of a rebellion, but he needed the information that someone might have to find out who was responsible.

"I'm afraid I'll have to point out the obvious," started Khran. "But I believe Ren is our culprit. Why, we know the food was poisoned. But who made her breakfast? Ren did! That fellow has a few screws loose, anyhow. And don't forget, just after breakfast was when she began to feel ill. What does everyone else think?"

"I agree with Khran totally. I mean, Ren did make the breakfast after all." But maybe Ren didn't do this alone. He might've had help from another one of these servants. Maybe Khran is saying Ren did it, so he wouldn't get caught! Kiki thought, but quickly got it out of her mind. He couldn't have. He seemed to be nice, and a bit more loyal to Shadowflare then some of the others around here. She thought about all the other workers who seemed to have an additude in the mansion all the time, and thus, couldn't hear the rest of what was going on. She was too lost in thought.

"True, Ren did get me breakfast..." shadowflare muttered. "And Svart got my brush." "Misstress Shadowflare does have a point." said the doctor. "But it could've been anybody. It could've been me. I know I didn't do it, though. Argh! This is confusing!" he said.

"So it seems the common consensus is that Ren is responsible. However, it seems that he should have a say ... Where is he anyway?"

"I think he left the room a while ago. I'm not sure where he is now..." said Khran, not lying but not telling the whole truth either.

"A valid point, although someone in here is still responsible. I have spoken to the suppliers and they have demonstrate the food that arrived here was safe. It is not my goal to apportion blame, I merely wish to find the cause of this incident and takes the appropriate action to prevent this."

"The doctor said it was poisoned on purpose!" Noelle growled. She said, more calmly, "However, I also have to say that it is possible that Ren didn't cook it. After all, he could have just gotten it from one of the chefs in this palace and delivered it. Now, let's try to think more before we accuse anyone. We barely have any evidence."

"It could have been anyone," said Cannon, "but let's not jump to conclusions. The food could have very well been accidentally dropped on the floor."

"In which case it should have been thrown away, not served," reminded Lex, "whatever happened someone has failed to do their job, and as yet we don't know who or how. That's why we need to talk to Ren. Where is he?"

"Oh," said Cannon, "I overlooked that. Sorry for the inconvenience. But still, one of us could have stuck in the poison when no one was looking..."

"Yes, those are all valid points," started Khran. "But, perhaps we should go get Ren first? He should be here when we're all talking about him. Who's gonna fetch him?"

"That's right. I forgot," Noelle barked. She raced out of Shadowflare's room and followed Ren's scent. It led to the kitchen. When she encountered the Espeon, she said, "Come with me. Don't worry, it's nothing bad. Shadowflare just wants to see you." The Growlithe then headed back towards Shadowflare's room.

Thorn, now in Shadowflare's room, ignored the debate over if Ren poisoned the food or not. He was watching as his mistress' eyes opened, at her bedside.

"Ah, Mistress. I see your eyes are open. Are you feeling better?" He said, his voice dangerously sweet.

"Oh, well that's all the proof I need then," Khran mocked. "Ren is obviously innocent. After all, he's just some PSYCHOTIC KILLER!"

Khran dropped his bone and in one swift motion he wrapped his hands around Ren's neck. "Stay out of my way, you filth!"

Back
Top Bottom