• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lady Gaga

I think "underwhelming" is a good description. It's her dancing around an apartment block and a black guy with a saxophone. Not exactly Gaga at her most creative. :( But, the song is actually starting to grow on me in a way...

I think it was, however, nice for her to sort of let the music stand on its own for once. Instead of a massive 9-minute epic like we're used to now. :P

Well it seems I've found someone with about the same opinions of Gaga as I have. Though not as extreme of course. :D
This is good news!
In regards to the Telephone video, I loved how she looked in the "Let's Make A Sandwich" segment, as refereced in my sig. :P It's my favorite look of hers, I wich she hadn't gone so much more rocker-chick. I like the pop star half of Gaga more than rocker Gaga, but hey. I guess everyone likes something different!

Well it seems I've found someone with about the same opinions of Gaga as I have. Though not as extreme of course. :D
This is good news!

Not as extreme? Yeah, I guess I still have a non-Gaga avatar...

In regards to the Telephone video, I loved how she looked in the "Let's Make A Sandwich" segment, as refereced in my sig. :P It's my favorite look of hers, I wich she hadn't gone so much more rocker-chick. I like the pop star half of Gaga more than rocker Gaga, but hey. I guess everyone likes something different!

I agree! Not that I don't like "Speechless" or "You and I", but I think I do prefer electropop Gaga over Queen-style rock Gaga.

I like some tracks in this album (Judas and Heavy Metal Lover) but I think the rest is sort of unremarkable. Not bad or anything, just nothing that I've really thought much of :(
The only thing that really actively bothers me is how she's just making sounds instead of making an attempt at real German in Scheisse (and also the name of the song is sort of terrible).

Also Aobaru I don't want to be rude but I noticed that your sig sometimes says 'Je ne veux pas mourir tout seule,' which is grammatically incorrect. It's either 'toute seule' in the feminine or 'tout seul' in the masculine. I'm sorry for being pedantic but I thought you might like to know!

The only thing that really actively bothers me is how she's just making sounds instead of making an attempt at real German in Scheisse (and also the name of the song is sort of terrible).

Well, she does say "I don't speak German but I can if you like"...

Also Aobaru I don't want to be rude but I noticed that your sig sometimes says 'Je ne veux pas mourir toute seule,' which is grammatically incorrect. It's either 'toute seule' in the feminine or 'tout seul' in the masculine. I'm sorry for being pedantic but I thought you might like to know!

Yeah, I copied that from a lyrics site, probably not the supreme authority on French grammar.

I have a hell of a lot of respect for Lady Gaga, but I do have to admit that Born This Way didn't quite cut it for me; it seemed somewhat lackluster compared to some of her other tracks.

I'm not sure why that's so funny-- because Al dressing like Lady Gaga is so disgusting it crosses the line twice or because the costumes are so brilliant (small intestine round my neck???).

I loved 'Perform This Way.' My favorite part was when he sang in French and Madonna pops up singing Express Yourself.

Speaking of Madonna (because this is a thread for all pop music as stated by the OP) she's recording her new album in July! Yay! :D

At first I thought Perform This Way crossed some sort of taste line for Weird Al's parodies, but then I realized that that was intentional, seeing how Lady Ga Ga pushes such lines all the time.

I now wish I could change my username back to Little Monster but I can't for like a month or something ;_;

ANYWAY
LAdy Gaga has been accused of scamming her fans by not donating all the proceeds of her Japan charity bracelets to Japan, while they were advertised as having all profits donated to Japan. She has also been sued due to this.

Let me be the first to call bullshit on anyone who claims that, if any scam even happened, it was Gaga herself to do any of this. The woman made $90 million last year and $62 million in 2009, she doesn't need to scam her fans. I don't believe there was any scam and I most certainly do not believe Gaga was involved in any.

ANYWAY
LAdy Gaga has been accused of scamming her fans by not donating all the proceeds of her Japan charity bracelets to Japan, while they were advertised as having all profits donated to Japan. She has also been sued due to this.

Let me be the first to call bullshit on anyone who claims that, if any scam even happened, it was Gaga herself to do any of this. The woman made $90 million last year and $62 million in 2009, she doesn't need to scam her fans. I don't believe there was any scam and I most certainly do not believe Gaga was involved in any.

HEY I bought one of those. But I trust Gaga.

she's not pop but i feel like zola jesus belongs in this discussion. for whatever reason i feel like she fits. (doesn't help that people have called her the "hipster lady gaga," although i believe that's probably the worst way you could describe her.)

tumblr_lnko6zgYU61qb3z39o1_r1_1280.jpg

check her out here

don't have much of an opinion on gaga but i absolutely love "speechless" and pretty much feel nothing when i listen to any other thing of hers.

Well Yoü and I has been confirmed as the next single. Is it just me or is this really depressing?
I hope Gaga gets her act together and releases the songs people want - Marry The Night, Scheiße, and Heavy Metal Lover, to be more specific. And if Government Hooker became a hit I would die of happiness.
Anyway, fingers are crossed that Yoü and I reaches the top ten. I'd love her to beat Mariah's streak of her first 11 singles reaching the top ten, but to break it requires Yoü and I and the next single to be top tens... And it's Yoü and I that I'm worried about.

she's not pop but i feel like zola jesus belongs in this discussion. for whatever reason i feel like she fits. (doesn't help that people have called her the "hipster lady gaga," although i believe that's probably the worst way you could describe her.)

tumblr_lnko6zgYU61qb3z39o1_r1_1280.jpg

check her out here

don't have much of an opinion on gaga but i absolutely love "speechless" and pretty much feel nothing when i listen to any other thing of hers.

Lady Gaga is sort of like Kraftwerk-- not that she's her failure to resonate with the listener is very much intentional. I personally find that it's best to view her the same way I view David Bowie; ie forget emotions and just listen to the music.

Of course, if you're not into her I can't blame you; still, you're missing out on one of the better products of pop music.

Zola Jesus is pretty cool I guess.

Back
Top Bottom