• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Land of Twilight (OOC and Signups)

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
Myths, Fairy Tales, and Legends are powerful things, their magic seeping into the nooks and crannies of everyday life.

But what most people don't know is that there is a place where these powerful forces exist. The residents call it the 'Land of Twilight', a place that can only be entered from the Land of Reality at the time of twilight. This is the place that all of the magical tales come from. It is much like our world, how it was back then. Tiny villages, castles, dragons, and more are here. It is truly paradise.

Or was. The Wicked Witch of the Enchanted Forest has taken it upon herself to warp the Land of Twilight into the place that she thinks it should be. Her dark magic is spreading over the land, corrupting the residents and turning the magic into her own dark breed. She wants things back to the way they should be - Grimm's Tales.

She has amassed powerful forces, and it is up to those who are not corrupted to destroy her and her army. Or you could join her side and help her warp the Land of Twilight...

Rules:

-The usual forum Rules
-Try to keep it at least Semi-Lit please
-Keep the sexual content to a minimum
-Bold all the things in the form that are bolded if you've read this
-Also, use the enter key twice when making a new line if you've read this. Also whether you're joining or not, do this every time you ever make a post because walls of text are not fun
-Spellcheck
-No chatspeak, one liners (unless done well), etc.
-Mary-Sueism will be Killed on Sight
-You may have up to two characters, but you have to be able to balance them well.

Form:

Name: (your name)
Species: (what are you? Human? an animal?)
Side: (Good or Evil?)
Source: (So I know you aren't just making stuff up. Just link to a wiki page or something about your source. If it's well-known enough (Little Red Riding Hood, etc, or you don't need to.)
Bio: (optional)
Personality: (what are you like?)
Appearance: (What do you look like? a picture is ok as long as it isn't 'generic anime person'.)
Other: (anything else)

Other:
-The Witch will be played by moon-panther

My Forms:

Name: Tailypo
Species: Tailypo
Side: Evil
Source: Here
Personality: He's really very sweet... Unless someone has taken away his tail. Then he will turn into a bloodthirsty beast our for the blood of whoever happened to have it. He's rather quiet and animalistic beyond that, preferring to keep to himself except when angered.
Appearance: This minus tail (yes I drew it), with black fur and glowing red eyes.
Other: The Witch says that the good side has his tail, but really, she does...

Name: Alphonse 'Puss'
Species: Cat
Source: Puss In Boots
Personality: Cunning and sly, Al is truly a born assassin. He works for the Witch as her sweet pet and her hired killer. He doesn't mind getting his paws dirty for her, taking up his sword and slaying creatures many times his size. He delights in death and blood, and will go out of his way to hurt...
Appearance: Al is a large brown tabby tom to the casual observer, although a few things set him apart from most cats. He walks on his hind legs, for one, and his front paws curiously resemble a human's hands, if with three fingers and a thumb. His eyes are a knowing slate grey. He is usually found wearing a pair of black leather boots polished until shiny, a large hat with a red feather, and a black leather belt with a rapier attached.
Other: There are rumours that he used to be human, but the Witch placed a curse on him, turning him into a feline.

I'll finish my forms later, gotta get dressed D:

Last edited:
Name: Aurora

Species: A fox.

Side: Good

Source: ...Real life?

Bio: Born in a deep, dark forest, she lived with her mother. Her father had left a while ago, so Aurora never knew him. She had one sister named Nightsky, who was named for her almost-black fur. However, Nightsky was weak and died the following winter. Aurora always missed her sister, and left to live on her own at the age of two years.

Personality: Aurora, most of the time, is quiet and doesn't talk... or whatever... much. She prefers just to keep to herself, not really interacting with others. She doesn't like crowds and usually prefers to stay mostly alone. However, if there are only a few others around, she is friendly and likes being with her pals. Careful, Aurora doesn't like making mistakes. She likes helping others, but is also fine with working alone. Her huge weakness is her short temper, and she snaps at the slightest annoyance. One should really watch out when they're around her.

Appearance: I know this picture is bad. Don't kill me D:

Other: Nope.

Damn I wanted to be first to join DDDD:

Name: Storm

Species: Dragon

Source: Dragons come from legend, and yeah. =P

Personality:

Appearance: Black with feathered wings. Storm is quadrupedal, with a reptilian body and around the size of a wolf. Her tail has three rather dirty feathers at the tip of it, and on her spine are silvery spikes.

Other: I'll finish later. >_O

Listen to what Kusa says. She's right.

...now...onward with my sign-ups~

Name: Ming "Witch"
Species: Human
Source: Wicked Witch...I think it's obvious.

Bio: She is a evil woman...But she wasn't always so. She was once a kind girl that cared much for her little brother. But once he disappeared, she searched for him, leading her to the doorstep of a wicked witch. The witch promised to tell her where the brother was if she did what the witch said. After doing chores and forced to learn dark magic, the witch told her that her brother was dead. Filled with anger, she killed the witch and became a bitter and hateful of mankind.

Personality: Bat-shit crazy and evil. She likes animals more than people.

Appearance: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/Moon-panther/My Drawings/Ming.jpg She has black hair and purple-red eyes.

Other: She has this...thing about turning people into Animals.

Name: Kitsune Ryuu
Species: Human
Source: The good Wizard/Warlock ....Like Merlin.

Bio: No one really knows much about him. He came from a far off land, wandering the world in search for the Witch that has taken over the world the Twilight. Along the way, he's gathered other like him, in hopes of tracking down the Witch and stopping her reign of wickedness. He holds a secret, a reason of wanting to find Witch.

Personality: He is quiet. Very quiet. He won't talk to anyone unless he is required too.

Appearance: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/Moon-panther/My Drawings/Kitsune.jpg

Other: Umm....He has red hair and green eyes. And he's a Warlock of sorts

Last edited:
FFFFUUU- Fine, wait until I find a fairy tale about a dragon this shouldn't take long =P

Name: Sigma

Species: (what are you? Human? an animal?)

Source: (So I know you aren't just making stuff up. Just link to a wiki page or
something about your source. If it's well-known enough (Little Red Riding Hood, etc, or you don't need to.)

Bio: (optional)

Personality: (what are you like?)

Appearance: (What do you look like? a picture is ok as long as it isn't 'generic
anime person'.)

Other: (anything else)

I'll finish later. I hope this isn't closed by the time I think up my species. If you guys happen to be waiting for me to start, don't.

Name: Skoll
Species: Wolf
Side: Chaotic Neutral Evil (if I have to choose between evil/good; otherwise chaotic neutral)
Source: Skoll
Bio: Skoll and his brother Hati – the only pups from their litter – were born in a land were gigantism was the expected. The two pups grew to be huge, as was expected, and quite close to each other.

Of course, when the two reached maturity, the alpha of their pack kicked them out. A wolf pack has room for only one mature male; the Skoll and Hati had to go. The two, having bonded so well, had little problem with this; they left and formed their own little two-member pack.

Life went on as normal, with Skoll and Hati hunting deer, when a strange human came by them. Of course, the two wolves were suspicious – they had met humans before and did not like them. But this one was different; he did not smell human, nor act it.

He gave them an already caught deer, which they ate, and it tasted better than anything they’d ever eaten before. They begged for more, but the man said he couldn’t give them any. He spoke again before the wolves could attack him – they were not the type to be denied – saying that there was something else he could give them that tasted even better.

He pointed at the sun and the moon above them. Neither wolf was quite sure what the man meant; they couldn’t fly, so how were they supposed to catch them? The man smiled and said that that, he could fix.

And so quite unexpectedly, the two wolves lifted off the ground. With a bit of a struggle they regained their footing; it would take a while before they could control their flight. But now, at least, they could chase the sun and the moon, forever if they wished. In addition to his ability to fly, the human granted Skoll with an immunity to fire; this was, of course, to prevent the sun from hurting him.

Personality: Skoll is often brash, rushing into things without thinking if they look enticing enough. Despite the consequences, he rarely, if ever, learns his lesson. Of course, he isn’t stupid. When he isn’t excited, he can act calmly and rationally; he just gets excited a bit too easily.

Because he tends to act before thinking, he generally follows his brother when it comes to decision-making. This doesn't by any means mean that he can't make decisions on his own, or that he will obey his brother's every command - he simply prefers to accept his brothers decisions, that being less taxing than thinking on his own.

He has a rather addictive personality, repeating things over and over until he gets it right or until he no longer finds pleasure in it. He’ll chase things for miles on end purely for the entertainment (though, honestly, he often confuses them with his prey of choice) and try to herd things into groups if they don’t act as he wants them to. This can go on for an incredibly long time, since Skoll doesn't seem to age normally ever since the man gifted him with the ability to fly and immunity to fire.

He can also be incredibly demanding, telling others what to do and expecting them to do it. He does not like to be ignored or disobeyed; he only tolerates this from his brother.

Appearance: Skoll; height is approximately 6” at shoulders (on all fours).
Other: Can fly, is immune to fire, ageless.

Last edited:
Name: Hati
Species: giant wolf

Source: Wikipedia and Modernised-ish Legend

Bio: Hati lived in a land called Ironwood, where giants roamed and the trees were strong as steel. Once he matured, he left his pack with his brother Skoll. They hunted together, chasing down and devouring deer, until one day when a human brought some deer meat, cooked and spiced, to their cave. It was given to them as a gift, so naturally they devoured it.

It was the most delicious thing they'd ever tasted, so they demanded that the human tell them where to get more. They were told that chasing the sun and moon contained the meat, and were given the ability to fly. Hati chose to chase the moon, separating from Skoll.

... that was so long ago he barely remembers it. He only knows, vaguely, that chasing the moon will get him something he really wants, and does it more because it's his goal than actually wanting what's at the end. He sometimes lands to hunt deer while chasing the moon, leaping back to the sky when he's done, and even occasionally steals some fresh kills from humans, since it's much easier to acquire food from them.

When the witch started taking over, spreading her magic throughout the land, she found Hati and offered to leave the moon for him to catch if he helped her, and she'd use magic to send it around the world so he could resume chase when the time came. He agreed, especially placated when she offered him the cooked meat he so loved, bringing back memories - though not the memory of the reason why he was chasing the moon - and all but guaranteeing his loyalty.

Personality: Hati refuses to be denied anything that he believes is his or should be his, and will use violence to acquire what he wants or punish those who won't give it to him. He has little regard for the lives of others, especially prey, unless he considers them special. These special people are the exception to nearly all of his behaviour, although he still likes to think himself more important than they are. While he can be almost tender to those he loves, he is easily angered at others.

He is rather territorial, defending anything of his from others, and willing to kill to ensure that his things remain his. He'd rather destroy it himself than lose anything, although he'll do his best to destroy the thief, too.

He is also very determined to achieve any goal he ever makes, even if he forgets his reason for pursuing it or he doesn't need to any more. It is simply because it is his goal, and he feels he can't just give it up - that's like saying he can't achieve it.

Hati also despises deceit. He hates being deceived, more specifically, and he usually is unable to deceive others, as he's more likely to get angry and rashly attack instead of trying to hurt someone emotionally. He is capable of hiding and laying in wait for a kill, but he's not very good at strategising.

Appearance: At roughly 180 cm at the shoulder, Hati can hardly be described as a typical wolf. From a distance he looks normal enough. His four muscular legs, giant paws, a narrow chest, a powerful back, and a long tail don't distinguish him greatly from any other wolf, nor does his rough, grey fur. He has two erect ears and a powerful, elongated muzzle lined with long, sharp fangs.

Other: Hati is capable of flight and can swallow stones without harming himself, capable of digesting them or spitting them out with enough force to potentially harm the target.

sorry for any mythology-mutilation that happened here

I almost totally killed this legend >_O

Name: The Lady of the Land, or Renata

Species: Dragon, used to be human

Side: Good, since it's just Moony :<

Source: Linkity link

Personality: Renata is rather serious, and has little to say. She is cold and doesn't trust easily, and is territorial, from her centuries as a dragon. She is protective of her few friends, and trusted allies. She is not afraid to kill, and actually does quite often, meaninglessly.

Appearance: Renata is around six and a half feet tall at the shoulder, and a very dark grey. Her body is reptilian, and she can walk on all fours, and awkwardly on her hind legs. Renata is a dragon, basically. Her wings are feathered, and there are three ragged feathers on her tail tip. Down her spine are jagged silver spikes.

Other: When she was turned into a dragon, Renata was told if a man kissed her on the snout she would turn human again. Erm.. if you want me to do that appearance, I'll do it too.

Yay~ Kit isn't alone anymore.

As for the kiss thing...welllllllll *grin* Maybe if your lucky enough to win the wizard's affection. *chuckle* But it'll be really tough.

Just so everyone knows, I am passing control of this RP to moon-panther, who is a tad more excited about it than me, it seems. x3; I will still be participating, but you will be looking to her to progress the story.

Back
Top Bottom