• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Masque Carnivalia [Sign-ups/OOC] CLOSED

Re: Masque Carnivalia [Sign-ups/OOC] OPEN

Yoshi is curious as to what the apparent themesong is. Yoshi might just be having a moment of stupidity, but Yoshi cannot find a link. But Yoshi does not mind looking stupid if there is a link he missed.

Yoshi is very much happy with this music. :3 Yoshi finds it very pleasing to sketch to.

A'ight, done.

Name: Cruz Wightman
Element: Psychic
Pokemon reference: Xatu
Appearance: Cruz is fairly tall, standing at 6'2.3''. He doesn't have remarkable arm strength, but he definitely has an athlete's legs; if not from all the running around he has been forced to do during his days of babysitting, then from the hours he spends jogging and running errands for money. He has a narrow face, high cheekbones, and tends to carry a rather worn out, annoyed expression almost constantly. His eyes are mean-looking and dull grey in color, at least, they used to be. Nowadays, after getting trapped and gaining some features of a Xatu, his pupils are jet back and eyes somewhat slanted, like Xatu's. His hair used to be black, but now it, too, has changed colors; his black streaks have gotten tints of green mixed in with them, and from the back of his head sprouts a deep red ponytail reaching almost midway to his back. And, speaking of his back, there are two almost paper-looking wings protruding out of it, resembling those of a Xatu.

As for clothing, he wears a simple, torn t-shirt with gibberish printed all over it. Despite popular belief, though, he didn't buy the shirt torn, the poor fabric has just went through so much. It's his favorite shirt and he really doesn't feel like replacing it anytime soon, though. Over that, he wears a dark brown jacket, which doesn't quite reach his waistline. There's fur covering the collar, the tips of the sleeves and the hem of said piece of clothing. Just like the shirt, the coat, too, has been through a lot, which is evident in the form of small tears spread throughout the jacket. Going downward, he has ripped jeans held up by a brown belt with a huge belt buckle. And, finally, sneakers. For some reason, they're red like Xatu's feet. They didn't used to be, he swears...

Personality: Cruz might seem like a cold, distant person from first glance, and partly, he is. He's very sarcastic and has the tendency to fall to pessimism, though he, himself, would just call it "healthy realism". He isn't mean, but he does try to keep emotionally detached from people, since deep down, he's an extreme worrywart. And so, if he were to grow even a slight attachment to something, he'd worry himself dead over their well-being. Even now he sometimes, between his internal, little snarky comments, worries for complete strangers. That leaves him annoyed, which is one of his default moods, really. Smiles from him are sparse.

Cruz likes to keep to himself, but he will speak when he deems it necessary. He can do chitchat, too, and sometimes even realize he's enjoying it. People can be fun from time to time, just as long as they don't get pushy and leave him alone when he wants to. He's a thinker more than a speaker, however, and most of his comments remain in his head, never to be uttered out loud.

He has a soft spot for kids. He has quite a few younger siblings he has had to take care of all his life, and he can't exactly be grumpy among them; they'd get scared. Even though he generally believes that everyone should just look out for themselves, he makes an exception in the case of kids. They're weak, useless, obnoxious... but at least they aren't bastards like their adult counterparts. They need to be protected. Adults should be able to do at least that much good.

Even though he isn't one to purposefully provoke anyone into a fight or an argument, if one were to break out, he wouldn't back down. Well, at least, not unless the opponent clearly held the advantage. He's somewhat of a strategist, you see, and knows better than to rush into things without thinking. At least, when he isn't in "must protect"-mode. He enjoys situations where he gets to think, since daily life is pretty boring for him; he wants new stimuli to get his mind rolling.

Writing sample: (Going to steal Black Yoshi's idea and write about his reaction to the guys from the float.)

Cruz's knees bent as he leaned on them, doubled over to try and catch his breath. The crowd gathered to watch the annual parade was huge, and Cruz couldn't help but snarl at the sight. He hated large masses of people. All too easy to bump into someone and accidentally start something. He'd rather just keep to himself and ghost his way past everyone, but...

He sighed and straightened his posture, looking around furiously. He couldn't exactly leave now. Emily, his blasted, beloved, eleven year old little sister was somewhere in here. Probably trying to make her way to the first row to see better, probably munching on that big lollipop she had basically demanded him to buy, while here he was, worried and... lost. Ugh. He was good at many things, but finding his way around wasn't one of them. Shaking his head, Cruz figured that standing around wouldn't do much good. Better get a move on and find that little brat, so they can hightail it outta there and back home to watch some movies. Or something. He just wanted peace and quiet.

Just then, he caught a glimpse of something black moving towards him from the corner of his eye. Turning, he found himself staring at a group of black-clad men, or at least, he assumed they were men; their bodies were completely hidden from view by a large cloak. There was something eerie about them, and much to Cruz's annoyance, they seemed to be walking towards him. From the looks of it, they had been standing on one of the floats... What was this? Were they about to pick a few lucky ones to come and ride that thing with them? If so, he'd prefer to be an unlucky one.

He opened his mouth to voice his stand on the matter and raised a hand between the ever approaching man and himself, but before he could breathe a word out, one of the men grabbed his shoulder, and Cruz growled. Oh no, they did not just touch him without permission.

"Hey, hands off, cloakie," he ordered and tried to step back, one hand trying to pry the man's hand from his shoulder, though in vain. The grip was tight. So tight it actually... hurt. "Hey, knock it out, what the freak do you think-"

He struggled, only for the cloaked man to get accompanied by another one. Cruz was starting to grow angry, almost ready to kick the crap out of his captors if they didn't soon get the sense to let go. One cloaked man joined in, and Cruz had had enough. He lift his knee and sunk it into one of their stomachs, but, even though the man staggered back from the impact, to Cruz's surprise and, somewhat to his horror, the man let no sound out. No 'guh' or 'gah' nor any other indication that it had hurt. It was... creepy. And even creeper was that the people around him were still focused on the parade, not paying any attention to the fight going on in their midst. How, Cruz questioned as he delivered another desperate kick, how could nobody-

And then he felt something connect with the back of his head. Pain shot through his skull, and his vision immediately faltered. His knees buckled and the only thing he could find himself thinking was that he couldn't lose consciousness now, couldn't leave Emily behind on her own. And, as fate would have it, just before he hit the ground the familiar, long blond hair belonging to his sister waved into view from behind one of the standing citizens. She was enjoying the parade with everybody else, ignorant of what had become of his brother. She was smiling. Cruz couldn't bring himself to do the same.

"E... mi..."

One final grunt of annoyance, and then the parade, and the entire world with it, disappeared from his view.

Raptor is accepted :3
I'm liking Cruz already! Very descriptive.

IN OTHER NEWS,
Despite the fact (I think) Chief Zackrai hasn't done his yet...I'm going to go ahead and post the real thing.
Alrighty, some footnotes and stuff you guys should read...

*If you guys didn't figure this out already, we CANNOT escape Masque Carnivalia. Period.
When we've deemed ourselves worthy, I'll post here saying so.

*Remember the rules and such. Be at least a bit social!

*And, most importantly, remember you're a Carnie. As such, you can use Pokemon moves.
But don't just skip ahead and use, like, Fire Blast on the first flippin day. Use something simple like Ember instead! Make it realistic with the timeline.

So, without further ado, I'm going to go ahead and make the thread! Look around for it and check back here from time to time.

Also, if anyone felt the urge to have a romance or something (which I encourage) ...I will shamelessly say that Celest is single. XD

Heh, thanks. Already posted on the rp thread, too.

Also, had a question; what exactly does the place we're trapped in look like? I mean, I get that it's a carnival, but in a bit more detail, like what kind of carnival, and what are we expected to find there? Just wanna make sure so I don't start spawning random places that don't belong in the kind of carnival you had in mind, 's all. Or are we given pretty much free reign over what the place has?

Last edited:

Basically you got free reign, yah.

But I do kind of expect some dead trees and stuff, you know, for fire wood and what not.
But yeah, I mean, whatever comes to mind about it, just go ahead and post it. I really don't have a reference other than dark, old, cobwebby, creppy, etc.

Oh, I have another question.

Will we all be deemed 'worthy' at the same time?

And let's say everyone was worthy at some point, whether that accumulated or was all instant. Would the RP continue, or would that be the end?

...Derp 0.0

I thought about that earlier and came up with a solution. Not the best, but you know, I suck and all... :/

As everyone one by one is deemed worthy, they are still in Masque Carnivalia. The men return when EVERYONE has been considered worthy and they leave together, so...
I mean, I'm open to ANY suggestions that pwn mine, so, yah.

And I kind of picture us leaving the carnival as the end.
Unless you guys sant to continue longer. I'm okay with that! :3

Yeah, so slight problem.
Raptor has only posted once.
This isn't going to fly with me well, so.
I'm going to send them a VM alerting them of this (though I highly doubt they'll answer because they haven't been on much), so if it isn't responded to in the next three days... We got a Psychic place to fill. :/

I already tried. Their last post was in freaking October. It's almost December! So... I can ask around, if you want.

If you want to, sure. I'm okay with that, but since I kinda have that doubting feeling in the back of my mind, I'm gonna go ahead and try to sew up the hole that's been left.

Alrighty! No response from Raptor. Space... Reserved for someone. IKR already
If she declines, though, we either only have six Carnies... Or an open spot!

Here I go!~

Name: Annabelle Lee Fredericks

Element: Psychic

Pokemon reference: Gardevoir (Well, isn't that original)

Appearance: Her face is rather soft if she happens to be relaxed, which is rare. She has a pair of squared glasses with a pink streak going along the edges. Because she absolutely hates her now green Gardevoir style hair, she pins it up in a loose bun most of the time. (When she was human, her hair was red, not orange-red, red.) Her eyes are also the pink color of a Gardevoir's. She managed to keep hold of her flushed pink cardigan, which she refers to as a jacket, but otherwise is stuck with the white dress of a Gardevoir, which she believes is only useful for showing off her cleavage (Cleavage is fun). The white heels she ended up with are usually carried around, since she absolutely despises wearing them and not even having a nice place to show them off.

Personality: She's not really a happy camper. She's quick to anger, easily distracted, and takes waaaaay too many things offensively. She has a problem with acting too quickly, but can usually get whatever respect she wants by yelling louder than other people. As a psychic, her usual method of punching people in the face isn't working as well as usual, but she plans on overcoming that.

Writing sample: Since Raptor left pretty much no impression, I think it'd be alright if I was just there the whole time. So I'm copying two others and writing the kidnapping experience!

Annie felt her eyebrow twitch as the stupid parade went on. And on. And ON. She was about ready to kick the little brat who kept throwing up behind her, when her eyes were drawn to the strange float. "Oh, look." She muttered. "Some freaks want to feel respected, so they show up with a freaky-ass float. Wonderful." She thought nothing of the man apporaching, thinking he was going to give the brat behind her a pat on the head and a Tootsie Roll.

But he stopped in front of her, motioning towards himself for her to follow. "Get bent." She told him, folding her arms. This man was short. And no shorty in a freaky cape was telling her what to do. The man had different plans though. Nobody seemed to care when he grabbed her wrist, or when he began pulling her away as she screamed that he must be trying to do something dirty. Nobody cared, despite her angered shouting and pounding on the door of her new prison.

Nobody cared when she woke up in the Carnival, alone. And that really pissed her off.

This is going to be much funner (fwee for my words) than expected.
Accepted, though, for some reason, it seems the personality can be build up on. But, as they say, quality over quantity. So I'm happy with it.
Officially closed for sign-ups! Again!
Alrighty... If anyone in the roleplay actually reads this...
I kind of think we need to pick up the pace. I mean, almost ten pages. For the first day.
C'mon, people, we need to hurry along. A bit. I'm guessing when Celest trains everybody and all that jazz we can skip a couple of days...
Any suggestions?

Yaaaay~

So I skimmed about the last fifteen posts. Apparently Ally is missing for some reason, so I think it'd be a good idea to just wait on the pace-pick-upping (Da hell does that mean?) until she's back. For her sake.

I made my post, so could someone pretty please summarize the important stuff? Pretty please?

I think we should find the new girl. That sounds fun.

Besides, the first day is always the most important, right? So it should be the longest. Rarr at my logic. :p

Back
Top Bottom