• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misreadings and stuff

Not really a misreading, but every time I see Shinatoa's avatar out of the corner of my eye, I think that it shows Gumshoe.

But it doesn't :(

Ever since someone mentioned on this thread, I keep reading "Public Profile" as "Pubic Profile" and it's really annoying.

Also, I misread "everybody" as "everypony". Yeah.

I
Keep
Hearing
Forms
Of the word
Fuedal.
Stupid
History
Alive
Textbook!

once we were ordering in and my mom asked me to make the order over the phone while she went to do something else and instead of saying "shrimp dumplings" I said "shrimp dumpings" and everyone started laughing including the person on the phone taking the order and then I realized what I said...

there was a sign, it said "SUFFERING IS RIGHT
outside your door"

and i totally missed the second part, i thought it said just "SUFFERING IS RIGHT"

Sunflower: thAC0 thAC0 thAC0
Sunflower: fucking thAC0 I hate it so much
Coloursfall: ahaha that looked like taco at first glance
Sunflower: I wish it was a taco then it'd be delicious instead of counterintuitive and annoying

Sunflower: thAC0 thAC0 thAC0
Sunflower: fucking thAC0 I hate it so much
Coloursfall: ahaha that looked like taco at first glance
Sunflower: I wish it was a taco then it'd be delicious instead of counterintuitive and annoying
Since I have no idea what a thAC0 is, I actually thought that was a weird/codified/whatever way to say taco.

I guess now we're having intentional misreadings within unintentional misreadings.

From a Homestuck bloodswap fanfic on the MSPA forums, some comparison of the original trolls and their same-blood counterparts in the fanfic:
Blue Equius had a centaur butler who got him lusus milk and vacuumed his messes up.

I misread "messes" as "senses." My thoughts were something like this:
What? That sounds evil!
Must be a weird Void thing.
It might be an exaggerated way of saying that he caused him to be more resistant to pain.
Oh, it's "messes." How did I manage to misread it?

Today, I encontered a poster with a black/light gray (one shade)/white picture of a man with a moustache. The moustache looked like a weird monster mouth.

*my friend Mino is watching me scribble science notes*

Mino: What's 'earby' mean?
Me: what are you talking bout, Mino?
Mino: on your paper! It says earb-- Oh wait, never mind. It says energies.

Really bad one here....

I read this,

"An augmentation company, so it was easy for them its like they literally had the parts lying around."

As:

"A masturbation company, so it was easy for them its like they literally had the parts lying around"

This was a text from my best friend.... I was very confused.

Back
Top Bottom