• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misreadings and stuff

Mishearings of the day. "Part time" is apparently the new "crime."
"Kiwi" is the new "Carrie."
And, while watching YGOA (Yu-gi-oh Abridged), apparently Bakura is saying "Bloody shells" instead of "Bloody hell."

Bloody shell. I like it...

"Making" as "Nidoking", then when I realized that wasn't right I saw it as "Mai-king". I... guess when I have a bad headache I become self-absorbed and egotistical? Also, "Deru" as "Denryu", and that's surprisingly it. Today's misreadings are pretty boring.

EDIT: "Standard" as "Stannis".

Last edited:
Misread "adequate" as "Aphrodite" and "aqueduct" while proofreading my brother's paper.

I was in Social Studies and I misread Bablonian as Bad Baloney (which is how balogana SHOULD be spelled)

I somehow managed to read the book "You might be a zombie" as "How to become a hamburger"

Also, a mishear: when I was talking to myself when playing a game, saying "true", my mom thought I was saying "grumpy". Though judging by what I misread, I probably shouldn't complain.

"Book Reccomendations" as "Blood Reccomendations".

It seems we have some vampires on this forum xD.

Oh and also while i was browsing this thread i misread 'Deru" as "Derpy". Oh my MLP obsessed brain.

This one was not even a misseeing, because I didn't actually mistake anything for something else, just a strange association which was unusually strong.
First some background: I was in the bathroom before going to sleep and I had just taken my clothes off. For some reason (maybe because it was warm and I was sleepy), I was lying on the chair in a weird position and thinking of Scooby Doo, Digimon, unpronounceable names, things beyond human imagination and stuff like that. And when I looked at my chest (I had some of my hair lying there), I somehow thought: Hey, these strands of hair look like tentacles! (actually, the thought was beyond verbal communication, but this is the best translation)

EDIT: And, I don't know what it was supposed to be, but in some Terraria LP, I thought someone said that the glowing mushrooms were a better version of the regular Lovecraft mushrooms. I don't think it's the thing they actually said.

Last edited:
I've realized that when a torch is placed on top of a wall tile in Terraria, it looks like a flaming spade. That could totally appear in the background somewhere in Homestuck.

Back
Top Bottom