• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misreadings and stuff

Metallica Fanboy as Mr. Fancy Pants.

...What the?

Someone has to use that username at some point in time.

"Ferien" (German for "holiday") as Feferi.
And I misheard "you don't meet anyone" as "you don't meet Eridan." Well, it was a Homestuck-based RPG, but it was obvious that I couldn't meet Eridan because I was there instead of him.

"A link to King's dream" as "A link to the past".
Eeyup.

"A link to doom."

Today I wanted to mention Dualscar, but I couldn't remember his name for a while, and there was Alhazred on my mind instead.

EDIT: And in the comments to this video, I misread "I don't wanna sit there" as "I wanna sit there."
It would still make sense in a way. There are two ideas on my mind that could inspire someone to want to sit there. So, I'll try to glue them together into an analogy somehow...
A young Starfleet officer admires her captain and dreams of having her own ship once. But she dies in a weird accident involving energy beings, and she sort of becomes a ghost and possesses a cat that is already on the ship. One day, when the senior officers are on an away mission, she gets out of "her" quarters and goes to sit on the captain's chair. The captain returns after a while and sees her (as a cat), but since she is a cat, he doesn't mind her there and lets her sit on his lap.
I mean... the thing I thought Menslady said in the comment sounded sort of fangirly.

Last edited:
So theres a topic in Misc Discussion about someones planned trip to Toronto
my mind, in its pony infested ness, thought it was about someones trip to Trixie

Light Yagami's new name, 'MelloScreamsKillerKarma' I keep reading it as 'MellonsScreamingKillerKomma' for some reason. EVERY TIME.

This is something I've misread for my entire life.

See, I thought Houndour was pronounced "HOUND-dew-OR", but after watching Hour of Houndour (the episode), it was pronounced "HOUND-our".

Mind < Blown

...Don't ask how, but I managed to read "Kraft Foods" as "Winston Payne"
The words don't even have anything in common, what the hell brain.

(oh and that rhymed. At least very very close)

Back
Top Bottom