• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Mt. Vesever: A Dangerous Path - Will you save the Crate?

Cicada, alarmed, immediately flew closer to her mother. "What's happening now?" she asked fearfully.
"Stay calm," her brother said before standing in front of them. "Whatever's coming... I'm ready."

"What's that?" Chica asked. "An earthquake?"

"It sure ain't a cupcake!" Blaziking said happily, before bursting out laughing for a few minutes before realizing that Chica wasn't laughing. "You know? Quake? Cake?" There was another pause, then Chica rolled her eyes and continued on amidst the earthquake. A few minutes later, they had arrived at Magikarp Beach to see Munch...dancing?

"Munch," Chica growled.

"Oh! Hi!" Munch said happily.

"Why the hell did you come over here and not to Drowzee Plains? WITH THE INJHURED?" Chica asked angrilly.

"This Misdreavus was making funny faces!" Munch said happily. Blaziking and Chica glared at him.

"Come on, grab him and go," Blaziking said. Munch turned to where the Houndour was.

"Uh, guys?" Munch said nervously.

"Don't tell me he's not there!" Chica moaned. There was a long pause. "Well? What happened?"

"I can't tell you, you told me not to tell you," Munch said. Chica groaned in frustration.

"HE'S NOT THERE?" Chica shouted, "YOU IDIOT! IF YOU HAD JUST FLIPPIN' FOLLOWED US TO DROWZEE PLAINS, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!! If I had opposable thumbs, I'd strangle you." Munch began to tear up, and then ran away crying.

"Good going Chica!" Blaziking said sarcastically.

"Well we can't worry about that now," Chica said, "There's a possibly dying Houndour somewhere in the plains."

"You know, he didn't protest when we took him from the pack," Blaziking said, "Do you think he's related to Fenris?" Chica paused.

"Well, what've we got to lose?" Chica said, "To the Discussing Stone!"

((I'll be gone until the 19th so I won't be able to post until then))

I'm not letting this die D:<

---
The earthquake stopped as Rick reached the discussing stones.

"Uhh, leader? Fenris?" He said nervously as he entered the circle of rocks.

"Graar! What do you want?" Something... A Houndoom jumped out from the shadows of a stone and stared at Rick.

"T-there has been and earthquake near Magikarp beach..." Rick stammered. He had not talked nor seen his dad since he was born.

"Grrmm... You. You came here to tell me about another earthquake? I already know there are tremors! There are tremors everywhere everyday!" Fenris growled at his son and walked closer to Rick, his fangs bared. It was obvious he didn't want anyone to know they were related.

"I-I..." Rick said and looked at the ground. His wounds hurt him a lot. "But this one was a stronger one!" He looked up again. "It wasn't like the normal small ones that only makes the ground shake! This one was big! Gigantic!" He knew he it wasn't that true, it was only big, not gigantic. "And the earth opened! And flames shot out!" He yelled. He didn't notice the pain anymore. He just had to convince his dad, the leader.

"Nonsense!" Fenris growled and stepped forward till he looked close up in Rick's face. "The tremors are not getting bigger." He said through clenched teeth. "You just dreamt. Or had a nightmare." He backed away, and looked at the small Rick, laying on the ground, wounded and powerless.

"It's... true... dad..." Rick collapsed, and the last thing he heard was "Someone! Get this pup to Drowzee Plains!"

((This will not die! Chica, Blaziking, and Munch must continue!))

"There he is!" Chica exclaimed, pointing at a Houndour body in front of Fenris. Blaziking and Chica ran over to the Houndour.

"Someone! Get this pup to Drowzee Plains!" Fenris shouted.

"We'll take care of it," Chica said, "Now that Munch isn't here, we can do nearly anything," she muttered. Blaziking nudged her. "What?"

"Don't be rude in front of Fenris!" Blaziking whispered adamantly.

"Ah, so you're defending the air-head leader?" Chica asked, suddenly changing the topic.

"I never said-"

"Blaziking, I can't take this any longer! You need to start standing up for me!" Chica growled.

"But I never-"

"Fine! You carry this Houndour to Drowzee Plains all by yourself then!" Chica shouted. She stormed away. Blaziking sighed. He threw the Houndour off to Drowzee Plains.

"Girls," he muttered.

----------

It took another hour before Blaziking arrived at Drowzee Plains. He went up to the nearest Drowzee.

"Excuse me," Blaziking said. The Drowzee turned. "I need a doctor. This Houndour here was found injured in the woods. Can you fix him for me?" The Drowzee looked at him with an odd expression, but took the Houndour off with him.

Rick felt himself getting carried away, even through the unconciousness. Then he remembered something...

-
A Houndour and a Poochyena played in the woods. It was dark, and the trees were bare, but it was not winter. Then suddenly the Poochyena said something.

"We should do this more often, Rick!" She said.

"Yeah, it's so much fun to play with you, Star!" Rick replied, and started pawing at his friend. He softly hit Star's head, then her stomach, as she rolled over.

The Poochyena giggled. "Why wont you ever go outside Sinister Woods? It's lighter, and you can actually feel the wind bristle your fur. It's a really nice feeling!"

Rick stopped playing, and sighed. "Well, I was born in the woods here. I live here, and I belong here! But if I did want to go outside, dad would stop me, anyway."

"Your dad is so mean! And, what's his name anyways? You have never told me his name." Star said angrily, and Rick sighed again.

"My dad... you wont know him anyways, so what's the point in knowing his name?"

"Because I want to!" Star slightly growled. Then a piercing howl could be heard, and Rick turned away from his friend and looked in the direction of the pack. "Dad is calling me. I have to go... Bye Star..." He started to walk.

"Bye, Rick..." Star started padding to the light that was the sun outside the Sinister Woods.
-

Rick panted in his sleep, he was laying in a bed in Drowzee plains. Meanwhile, a Drowzee was taking care of him, wrapping his leg with bandages and forcing some herb medicine in his mouth.

Blaziking walked over to the Houndour's bed.

"Excuse me," he asked the Drowzee tending to the Houndour.

"For the last time! You can't take the bell at the front desk home!" the Drowzee said, exasperated.

"But it's shiny!" Blaziking said. "Anyways, how's this Houndour doing?"

"Fine, he should be able to leave, er, when are you going to leave?" the Drowzee asked.

"I'm leaving when this Houndour is ready to leave." The Drowzee looked at Blaziking, took a look at the Houndour, then looked back at Blaziking.

----------

"I didn't think you could get kicked out of Drowzee Plains like that," Munch said. Munch had joined Blaziking walking back to the Book Store. Munch was now holding the Houndour.

"That Drowzee must have too much to do," Blaziking said.

When the tremors stopped, Venom uncovered herself. She silently followed Blaziking around until he disappeared into Drowzee Plains. She crawled back into the forest and onto her web. Her mother was waiting, holding a berry for Venom.
"Hello, Sting," Venom greeted. She ate the Razz Berry.
"Welcome back," Sting answered. Venom scuttled to the center of the web and fell asleep.

Cicada cowered as the tremor stopped, and Flash quit cringing. "It's over," he sighed. Cicada stepped forward. "Where did that come from?" she wondered. "I'm going to Magikarp Lake," the Scyther announced before buzzing out of the forest.

Bouncy resurfaced and looked around. The Earthquake had stopped! Sniffling, he floated over to the shore and began to drag himself along the ground, leaving a faint trail of blood. He had cut himself badly on some rocks under the lake. He made his slow, painful was to Drowzere plains, growing paler every moment.

He finally reached the hospital and shuffled inside before rolling onto his back and passing out.

Rick slightly opened his eyes. He felt better, the wounds didn't hurt anymore. His pupils moved left and right as he scanned the area around him.

Someone was holding him. He growled just to let the Pokémon that was holding him could let go.

"Please... let me go..." He moved his backfeet.

Meanwhile, one of the Drowzees of Drowzee Plains walked out of the door and found an unconcious Spheal. She picked it up, walked in, placed it on a bed and started to put herbs on it's wounds. It would soon wake up, and then she would have a plate of Oran Berries for it so that it could recover.

Munch and Blaziking gasped.

"IT CAN TALK?" Munch said excitedly. "What else can you do?"

"He can do what any other Houndour can do," Blaziking said.

"You mean he can even eat?" Munch said, amazement in his voice.

"No," Blaziking answered sarcastically.

"Good, because I ain't sharing with him," Munch answered.

"Let 'im go Munch," Blaziking said. Munch sighed.

"Fine fine fine." Munch released the Houndour.

"Who the hell are you?" Blaziking asked.

At the lake, Cicada stared into the water. Why was she so cowardly? She was too nice to be a Scyther, wasn't she?
She wanted to find more about herself. She wished she could just uncover all her secrets.
Cicada began to think. To meditate. She had known her mother to do it sometimes.

"Me?" Rick said, his feet touching the ground as the Munchlax released him. "Nobody special. But my name is Rick." Rick looked around him. They were...? Oh, now he saw. They were heading to the Underground Market.

Then Rick turned to the Cyndaquil. "I've seen you before, haven't I?" He said. "Nevermind, I've got to go. I have something important to do in Club Crater. Bye, and thanks for helping me to Drowzee Plains." And with that, he dashed off for Berry Woods.

Blaziking and Munch watched Rick run off to Berry Woods.

"Somehow, I get this feeling that we should follow him," Blaziking said slowly.

"They grow up so fast!" Munchlax said. Blaziking glared at him. "I say we beat him to Club Crater!"

----------

Blaziking arrived at Club Crater base in less than in hour. Munch, because he wasn't the fastest of Pokemon, had fallen far behind. Cyndaquil opened the door in the tree and climbed inside. He then opened the trap door, missed his footing on the ladder, and fell to the foot of the ladder. He groaned.

"Ah, hello Blaziking!" Blaziking slowly got off of the ground and saw Slash, the leader, there.

"Hello Mr. Slash," Blaziking said. "Have you seen a Houndour come in here?"

"No, not today," Slash answered.

"Good, I beat him here!" Blaziking said happily.

When Rick arrived at Club Crater...

"You? Here? Why? Oh, whatever." He said startled to the Cyndaquil and it's companions, then he padded over to Slash. "Hi, Slash. I have news. Terrible news..."

"Let me hear, Rick" The Sandshrew and the Houndour walked over to a corner.

"Well, what is it Rick?" Slash asked, inpatient.

"Errm... There was a tremor at Magi-" "Of course there are tremors!" Slash interupted Rick. "That's old news! Was that all you have to tell me?"

Rick sighed. "Let me finish. Well, this one was bigger. The ground opened and flames shot out of it. It has stopped now, though."

Slash gasped. "Shouldn't we tell Fenris?"

"No. My d- Fenris won't listen to me, nor anyone, I know him. And besides, I have already told him."

Slash looked at him for a while, then said. "Fine. WE'LL HAVE A MEETING! EVRYONE MEET UP IN THE ME ROOM!" He shouted to the other Pokémon, who turned their heads to see, then started to climb down the ladder.

"We should go." Rick said and walked to the ladder, which was a slight problem since he didn't have any thumbs, but he eventually came down.

Slash sat on the leader pillow and Rick sat down on another pillow. Some Pokémon had already come, like a Hoothoot and a Ledian, a Marill and an Azurill.

"Well, then you are obviously blind." Rick said.

"Ahem." Slash said to quieten all the blabbering Pokémon. Then he spoke up. "Most of you don't know why we are here. Well, it is about another tremor."

The crowd moaned. "One of those daily tremors again?" "I don't have time for this!" "Arceus! This is nonsense!"

"QUIET!" The leader roared, and the crowd became quiet at once. "According to Rick, that Houndour over there..." He pointed to Rick. "There- WOAH!"

Another tremor. A big one. "Evacuate! Quick!" Slash shouted and got the Pokémon out of they're seats.

Large lumps of rocks began falling from the ceiling, squishing some of the Pokémon. Unfortunatly, no one could do anything for them. The floor began to crack and again, fire shot out of it.

"Get out! NOW!" Slash pushed Rick to the ladder, he had only been staring blankly at the falling rocks without thinking, almost paralyzed, but he was good now.

"Get out first, Slash. You're the leader!" He shouted through all the chaos. "Don't be stupid. A good leader cares about his followers! Now get out before it's too la-"

A big rock had fallen on the Sandshrew. "Leader! Slash!" Rick tried moving the big boulder on top of the Club Crater leader, but to no use.

"Slash!" Now someone else had noticed it and jumped down the stairs to see if he was okay. "Hey? HEY? You okay?" No response.

"Is he?" "He can't be?" The few Pokémon that had gathered there said.

"No... get out..." Slash said with extreme difficulty. The Pokémon around him looked terrified, but all climbed up the stairs in a hurry. Well, all except.

"Rick... come 'ere..." Slash said once again, and Rick obeyed, coming closer to the dying Sandshrew. "No one can save... me... You're the... new Leader... Rick..."

"Slash! You can't leave! Me? Leader? I could never have lead anything!" Rick yelled desperatly, he and Slash was the only Pokémon left down there. The rocks were still falling and crushing the sink, the food containers and soon the ladder was crushed too. If Rick wasn't quick, he could get trapped!

"Don't... be stupid... Secret... room... wall... here... Bye... Rick... my... friend..." The Sandshrew pointed to one of the walls, then he collapsed, dead. Rick wanted to stay there, but he couldn't. It would be too dangerous. He would die.

"Bye Slash" Rick whispered to himself as he dashed up the two ladders to the ground.

When he arrived, all the Pokémon were there. One came to hug him, a Chansey, probably because he was safe.

"Thanks... I'm... fine." Rick mumbled and pushed the Chansey away with his head. Then he went to sit down behind one of the big rocks.

Me... a leader... I never dreamt about that... oh, wait. I have. The Pack.. He thought for himself, tears dripping from his eyes.

"Slash! You can't leave! Me? Leader? I could never have lead anything!" Rick yelled desperatly, he and Slash was the only Pokémon left down there. The rocks were still falling and crushing the sink, the food containers and soon the ladder was crushed too. If Rick wasn't quick, he could get trapped!
((And yes, this will be interesting.))

Rick decided to tell everyone Slash's last words: "You're the... new leader... Rick" But not today. Maybe tomorrow.

No. He had to tell them today. Tomorrow could be to late.

He stood up and leaped onto the big rocks. There he could see all the Club Crater Pokémon, some crying over bodies of dead Pokémon.

Poor Pokémon... Lost their dearest... friends... He thought. Did he have the courage, the guts, to stand in front of all the Pokémon, saying he was the new leader. What if they didn't believe him? What if they laughed at him, calling him a lyar?

That chance he had to take. He growled loudly to get everyones attention.

"What do you want?" An angry Rhyhorn said, pojnting his horn to Rick.

"I..."

"What?" It said impatiently.

"Slash's last words... before he... died was-" Then Rick was interupted.

Everyone gasped, well, at least those who wasn't there when Slash got squashed.

"S-slash?" "Gone?" N-no way!" "This can't be true!"

"It is true..." Rick mumbled. "But... that's not the point. I know it is sad and stuff... But... Slash's last words... His last wish was..." He paused and took a deep breath.

"That I would be the new leader!" He growled, not in anger, but in fear and sorrow.

No one said anything. "We knew it." A Magby said. "Slash told us... But he didn't want us to tell you. He wanted to say it to him, personaly. He said."

Rick nodded, then leaped of the rock.

Bouncy gasped. He had been one of the last to leave, and had just managed to squeeze his tiny body through a small hole in the falling rocks and out of the Club, but even he had had no idea that Slash had been killed by the falling ceiling.

The little Spheal rolled forwards and stopped, looking up at the new leader. The Houndour suddenly looked more intimidating than ever before. "Leader, why did Slash have to die? Couldn't he have dug out?"

Back
Top Bottom