• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Names for Gold and Silver Remakes

Pikachu

Kelp is good! Yum yum!
Pronoun
he
If Nintendo makes Gold and Silver remakes, what do you think their names should be?

My picks: GlitteringGold and ShiningSilver

I think their names should be Gold 2 and Silver 2.

Just to see the fandom's collective reaction.

I've heard some rumours about Glimmering Gold and Shimmering Silver, but that's just rumours...

I thought GoldenDawn and SilverDusk were already registered trademarks...

Bulbapedia said:
Although it has been stated that Nintendo trademarked the names DuskGold and DawnSilver, there is no evidence showing they have. It is unknown if games with these names would be produced. DuskGold and DawnSilver seem appropriate, however, as they have similar meanings to the Ecruteak Towers. The Tin Tower is where Pokémon come to pass on (as dusk is the end of the day) and the Brass Tower is where Pokémon were born (as dawn is the beginning of the day). The Dusk and Dawn prefixes are, however, backed up by the introduction of the Dusk Stone and Dawn Stone Stones in Generation IV, and the fact that the Dusk Stone evolves two Generation II Pokémon. There are also two other similarly unused trademarks that Nintendo and Game Freak own, Pocket Monsters WhiteGold and Pocket Monsters MoonStone, however this was trademarked alongside Pocket Monsters Topaz, Amethyst, and Tourmaline. Because Nintendo seems to own http://www.pokemonwhitegold.com, this may be a viable name. As for MoonStone, no such domain exists.

Original page

... Oh, wait. Last time I checked it claimed the names were actually copyrighted. >.<

Whatever. I still hold firm to my belief that they're making Gold and Silver remakes, whether they be DuskGold and DawnSilver, DawnGold and DuskSilver or something else entirely.

Last edited:
I don't really care, either way. As long as I get to play them~

I guess DuskGold and DawnSilver works for me. They're all pretty nice though.

Shinygold and Sparklysilver :P

I've actually thought about this, and you read my mind. Except I was thinking SparklingGold and ShiningSilver.
But seriously, Duskgold and Dawnsilver have been trademarked/copyrighted by Nintendo (because they're in production or just in case, I don't know).

Back
Top Bottom