• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2008

Are you taking part this year?

• Total voters
@Twitch: This calendar is what I'm using to calculate where I should be at this point. And, by using this calendar, I need to write about 3000 words tonight to keep on schedule. Ha, haha... ohh boy.

The reason for this dilemna is that I spent the majority of last night helping to run our school's talent show, and I became intrigued in the operation of the light and sound board. Then I spent about ten quiet, thoughtful minutes outside in the cool air, thinking about life and how many cool ways there are to live it. And, to make a long story short, by the time I got home, I was definitely in a "I need to live life, not write someone else's" mindset. And so I got no writing done last night. xD; But, I should stop now and start writing again. Here's a random excerpt for you to read~

Last edited:
I use an actual calculation of 1667 times whatever day I happen to be on, though it's always around where the calendar lists it as being, though. :P (1667 x 30 = 50,010, if you're too lazy to work out the calculations - this actually works out really well. :P)

Anyway, I've hit my word count for today, and I'm doing pretty well in terms of the story. I had a lot of this planned out as a story I was on the verge of beginning back in September or something, until I remembered that NaNo existed and that I should go for it and attempt to write it.

It's a shame that I only ever planned parts that happened so far apart that the next event I've planned probably won't happen until I'm on my third NaNo. Dx

Right now I'm writing a very uninteresting segment on dragons climbing mountains, and I'll most likely end up putting like a rock falling on one of the dragons every day until it's over so that I can flesh out my word count to make a chapter because I'm sort of OCD like that and I've been doing it for the past six days. This is going to take a while...

But the main characters argue a whole lot, if that helps (which it does). :3

Last edited:
Didn't get any writing done today because I'd rather spend time alternately borking and desperately trying to un-bork my internet connection (whoever thought that System Restore would actually come in handy?) in an attempt to get my wi-fi working again. No luck with that yet, mostly because I'm kind of afraid of messing with something with syntax like this:

Code:
[b]set address[/b] [[[b]interface[/b]=][i]String[/i]] [[b]address[/b]=][i]IPv6Address[/i] [[[b]type[/b]=]{[b]unicast[/b] | [b]anycast[/b]}] [[[b]validlifetime[/b]=]{[i]Integer[/i] | [b]infinite[/b]}] [[[b]preferredlifetime[/b]=]{[i]Integer[/i] | [b]infinite[/b]}] [[[b]store[/b]=]{[b]active[/b] | persistent}]

Also, no excerpts from me possibly ever, as I'm typing everything on an entirely different computer and am far too lazy to flash everything over to this one every day; wouldn't be worth it, honestly.

it's from mock the week. am I amazing yet?

Augh I miss ONE DAY and I'm so behinddd. ;~; I need to type like billy-o today.

Tonight. I'm going ice-skating today WHATEVER!

ALSO if someone wants a challenge: work in "EXCUSE ME, BUT I THINK YOU'LL FIND THAT'S /LEGAL TENDER/!!"

I'll do it. I have a character that is suitable for it~

also fuck what am I doing with all the spare time I have right now why am I not writing I'm so fucking retarded when it comes to time management and non-procrastination

maybe I'll start typing and get up to what 4,000 if I'm lucky

Argh, I'm like three days behind now ;-; I've been getting so distracted lately. And I'm not likely to get much more done today... I think I'll do that stuff and get my homework out of the way today and then write like hell on Sunday. Or something. D:

*squeals*

My mom let me participate in NaNoWriMo~

I'm a week late, though. Rawr... And plus there's no way a 6th grader could write 50000 words. So I'm going for 20,000. INSANITY, HERE I COME!

DANG NABBIT. I made my account too late and can't start until next year. D:<

Last edited:
Argh, I'm like three days behind now ;-; I've been getting so distracted lately. And I'm not likely to get much more done today... I think I'll do that stuff and get my homework out of the way today and then write like hell on Sunday. Or something. D:

type until your keyboard catches fire

Yeah. I coudn't do that along with TGK. xDDD

20,000 is more than enough for me and my literary perfectionism.

Oh my Arceus, my story ends up with a girl from a modern fantasy world turning into a Dratini Pokémorph... what has the world come to?

13727 words... I suppose I'm on track for today, at least. But I feel like I'm not going to have a lot of time to write tomorrow, particularly with my plans to go to the store with my mom, hang out with a friend (she wants to go to the mall but I don't really want to, I don't think...) and do all that homework I have piling up, due Tuesday... gah. Whatever. I'll deal with it. But I'm tired now. I'm going to stop writing for tonight, I think, and play a game or something.

On a less frustrated note: In the last week, I've written more of this story than I've written of any one story ever. Wow, are deadlines motivational.

I don't think I'll be taking part this year. I started on it and began procrastinating. It doesn't look like I have a lot of time left.

Although, I would like to give everyone else some luck in finishing theirs.

I fail. I'm not officially giving up, but... wordcount pathetic, ideas non-existent, spirits low, time insufficient...

And the most heartbreaking thing is that my donation poster and my "thirty days and nights of literary abandon" poster arrived recently, too. So lovely, so gut-wrenchingly guilt-inducing. ;;

I fail. I'm not officially giving up, but... wordcount pathetic, ideas non-existent, spirits low, time insufficient...

And the most heartbreaking thing is that my donation poster and my "thirty days and nights of literary abandon" poster arrived recently, too. So lovely, so gut-wrenchingly guilt-inducing. ;;

Keep telling yourself that it's going to work.

Stop thinking about the plot, and try a dare maybe (I'm probably going to do one - but how a Mesprit Pokémorph turns into an earthworm is beyond my reach. xD). :3

That or give up and be taunted by us until next November.

That or give up and be taunted by us until next November.
or by yourself.

That said, I am falling badly behind, with both this and homework. I just cannot be bothered at the moment. :(
edit: Wrote a grand total of 0 words this whole weekend. I suck.

Last edited:
Passed the halfway point today. It's all downhill from here!

To those of you who are thinking of dropping out--don't give up yet! And remember, even if you don't make it to 50,000, even just a couple thousand words are still better than none.

Not quite caught up yet, but at least I'm only a little more than a day behind as opposed to four days behind like before >.>

...actually I'm (just a little) further than my current word count would have you believe, but I'm leaving it like that until I hit the next milestone because it's a cool number. /lame

Back
Top Bottom