• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New Games: Pokemon Black and White 2

There's a Pokemon version of Hollywood called Pokewood. Sure, why not? Also, Cheren replacing Lenora FTW. Unless I'm crazy, they fitted the AR searcher into the storyline.

I knew Cheren was the new gym leader, but I thought Bianca would be the host of PokeWood! But Bianca as a Professor? Somehow, it makes sense! :o And she looks soooo cute in those glasses! :D

But then... With the Poison and Water type gym leaders, and Cheren as the new Normal one, there'd be nine gym leaders (Since Nacrene and Striaton are frozen, those two are not gym leaders). Who else will be replaced?

I like the new "Sacred Beast" formes. They look cool.

Yes, Bianca does look better. Though her hat looks twice as stupid. Also, Pokewood looks fun :D

Well, Bianca wanted to become Juniper's assistant and she did. I think it suits her fine. Adorkable yesssss

Everyone else is confirmed to be in, I think.

Personally, I'm more interested in Cynthia's World Tournament.

I don't get what Thundurus is supposed to be though. I mean, Tornadus is a bird, Landorus is a dog thing, and Thudurus? A humanoid bear?

PokéBeach said:
Fan speculation on our forums is that the three new formes are inspired by Aztec legend. Tornadus is Huitzilopochtli, who after it died became a green and purple hummingbird, Thundurus is Quetzalcoatl, who after it died became a serpent, and Landorus is Tezcatlipoca / Tepeyollotl, a jaguar. In the Pokemon AR Searcher screenshot on the left side of the 3rd scan and in the anime poster on the right side of the 7th scan, you can see each of them resembling those animals (a bird, a snake, and a jaguar).

I like Bianca's new appearance, it's cute. Though it looks as though Cheren gave her his glasses.

Don't care much for the Genies' beast formes, not gonna use them anyways...

I have to amend my earlier statement. Now that I can see them clearly, they alternate genie forms look quite cool. I especially like Tornadus.

Also, I think Bianca and Cheren both look better, and I'm looking forward to find out where N fits in.

Since B2 & W2 take place 2 years after the BW storyline, Cheren's taken over for Lenora, being the leader of the first gym- a normal type gym. I think it's cute how Bianca wanted to help Juniper and now she is. <3 And Unova was extended. I found it odd it wasn't Gray, that would have been an appropriate title. :|
The rival, I don't want him to be... Like the others. Determined, they overwork their Pokemon, etc. I just hope that it's not too much like B and W, in terms of plotline.
Now, who ever heard of a region with 16 gyms? Honestly, I think that's crap. You can't have 16 gyms in a region, no matter how big. : ( Knowing me, that'll just throw me off.
*cough*

I don't understand why everyone thinks it's odd that these aren't called 'Grey' or whatever. It's a direct sequel, of course they're going to take the numerical naming route?

lmao Bianca how cute are you.

Well we expected a sequel that combined both games, that's why. And you needed 16 badges in Johto/Kanto. It makes the game longer and more fun.

Well we expected a sequel that combined both games, that's why. And you needed 16 badges in Johto/Kanto. It makes the game longer and more fun.
that's because gold/silver were expected to be the last of the pokemon series, so kanto was thrown in there as an afterthought. they haven't done this in any other game, so there's no reason why they would in BW~!

Why not? No other games have gotten a direct sequel, nor have any gotten drastically changed regions before now. Game Freak is breaking a lot of precedents with this release, so why not have 16 badges? J. Squirts (hope you don't mind me calling you that) is right. it makes the game last longer, and generally makes it more fun.

Why not? No other games have gotten a direct sequel, nor have any gotten drastically changed regions before now. Game Freak is breaking a lot of precedents with this release, so why not have 16 badges? J. Squirts (hope you don't mind me calling you that) is right. it makes the game last longer, and generally makes it more fun.
because having sixteen badges isn't 'breaking a precedent' (in that it has been done before already) and it's been reiterated several times that Unova is pretty fucking far away from all the other regions? I don't see why you'd expect 16 badges when it's only occurred in one game where they basically included two games in one because they thought they weren't going to make any other pokemon games. Besides, it kind of looks like we're going to have a lot to do as it is with the world tournament and things. :o

I'm just saying it's not impossible. This is all just speculation. And it is breaking a precedent. Johto/Kanto are two regions. This would be 16 badges in one region, which has never been done before. All other regions only get 8.

I gotta say, I dig the new formes for the genies! though Tornadus looks comically like a bird in a bra. Thundurus is my favorite.

and Bianca is so cuuute

I'm just saying it's not impossible. This is all just speculation. And it is breaking a precedent. Johto/Kanto are two regions. This would be 16 badges in one region, which has never been done before. All other regions only get 8.
Speculation that's not based on anything is just weird, though. "These games are doing thing X that has never been done before; therefore they'll also do unrelated thing Y that has never been done before" is an absurd non-sequitur.

Speculation is about taking existing evidence and extrapolating something from it - maybe it's a humongous stretch, maybe it's extremely unlikely to happen, but there is some line of reasoning that led there.

Granted, I'm kind of lost on where the whole "there will be sixteen gyms in B/W 2" idea came from in the first place; the first occurrence of it in this thread seems to be RainbowKiwiAbsol's post which references it like it's an existing idea, so maybe I'm missing something.

Well we expected a sequel that combined both games, that's why.

Well yeah, duh, but you can't name both of them Grey so it only makes sense to just call 'em Black and White 2! So I don't see how it's still a surprise at this stage.

a lot of people seem to be speculating that the new anime shots (or something? idk they were on tumblr) with some chaps on a boat are ~~~~FURTHER EVIDENCE for Hoenn remakes. I'd be hhhhawfully surprised if they combined them though, that seems sort of stupid. u_u

CALL THEM GREY AND GRAY!

I kinda hope that the region doesn't have 16 gyms, but I also hope that we'll be able to visit the frozen half of the region in postgame.

Back
Top Bottom