• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[NIGHT 0] Mafia Choice Mafia

whoops, that sounded a bit too threatening for someone who voted against a mafia...
I mean, have you a roleblock ability? Maybe a jack of all trades?

Uh. Hm. Surprisingly spot on guess. Though I don't have a roleblocking ability. Instead I have a one-shot doublevote.
I investigated MD as innocent N0, by the way. Hasn't really been relevant though, since he hasn't been under fire.

How does the night action priority work here, though? If A jails B while C tries to switch B and D, does that mean B gets jailed and thus can't be targeted by C and the switch doesn't go through, or that B and D get switched so D gets jailed instead? If it's the former, then we probably should be lynching Stryke.

In the situation you described, I would have the swap between B and D occur first, with D then being jailed instead of B. Other GMs probably do it differently, so that's why I'm clarifying.

Hm? Elaborate, please. What was exactly was plausible, that made it not worth divulging information that may have improved our understanding of the situation?

There being a roleblocker and a jailer. Also I assumed that Butterfree probably had a second power/passive ability to go along with her roleblock, otherwise she'd be an inferior version of my main power.

Okay, so... Phoenix of the Night swapped Butterfree and ILS on N0, which means Butterfree was never jailed, which means she probably did block Jack after all. Solves that problem.

I'm not really sure who we should be lynching. Everyone seems about equally suspicious to me, haha. But we're not gonna get anywhere if we don't lynch, so I'm gonna go ahead and vote to lynch ILS. It's highly unusual for a Dreaming God to be able to pick targets (as my friendly ghost pals pointed out), and even if he's telling the truth, a role that has no idea what its own powers do could very well end up hurting us rather than helping us.

Actually, ILS did seem pretty peeved about the night extension misunderstanding... who knows, worst comes to worst they're an alien

Okay so here's a rundown of my actions:
N0: Lúcio on Butterfree
N1: No one; that's why I was annoyed. I failed to send my action in time.
N2: Torbjörn on DA.
N3: Zenyatta on MF, as I have said.

With all due respect, these accusations are tenuous at best. I can't really be blamed for the utility of my role. Such an approach will surely lead to a town loss in no time.

To balance the vote, I abstain.

ok i haven't voted like once this whole game I need to pay attention to phases

as always bandwagons make me nervous. but I guess i can jump on it too? sorry, ils...

phoenix-sweating(b).gif

A better way to say sorry is by stopping the bandwagon, just sayin'.

The bandwagon is set to "perpetual motion" Attempting to change settings will result in an instant lynch.

Okay so here's a rundown of my actions:
N0: Lúcio on Butterfree
N1: No one; that's why I was annoyed. I failed to send my action in time.
N2: Torbjörn on DA.
N3: Zenyatta on MF, as I have said.

I'm not even sure what these would do. Lúcio and Zenyatta are both healers, and Orb of Discord doesn't really seem like it would do much here. If you had access to every character you could just spam the healer or defender classes and do pretty much the same thing. Also I'm not sure what Torb would do, other than place a turret? Make DA a paranoid gun owner? Seems odd. I could see it being select ones like Mercy/Mei/Lúcio/Hanzo/Reaper/McCree because those could all realistically do something different, but all of them? Jack of All Trades usually only have a few powers, not 26.

ILS

Wargle why write out a paragraph just to follow the bandwagon I'm not following it, because I actually have reasoning smh

Back
Top Bottom