• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[NIGHT 0] Mafia Choice Mafia

I'm not even sure what these would do. Lúcio and Zenyatta are both healers, and Orb of Discord doesn't really seem like it would do much here. If you had access to every character you could just spam the healer or defender classes and do pretty much the same thing. Also I'm not sure what Torb would do, other than place a turret? Make DA a paranoid gun owner? Seems odd. I could see it being select ones like Mercy/Mei/Lúcio/Hanzo/Reaper/McCree because those could all realistically do something different, but all of them? Jack of All Trades usually only have a few powers, not 26.

ILS

Wargle why write out a paragraph just to follow the bandwagon I'm not following it, because I actually have reasoning smh
He claimed Dreaming God, not Jack of All Trades. And he never said he had 26 sprites to choose from. And he also specifically stated that he can use each sprite only once, so he can't spam protective/healing powers. And just because we can't think of an obvious effect for each sprite, that doesn't mean the role is implausible.

I'm still voting to lynch ILS because it's a relatively safe move, but you're seriously exaggerating how suspicious he actually is.

I have all the champions' sprays to choose from (minus Ana's). I suspected Torb gives some sort of item to the target; it's possible DA received something from me that night.

After a slow and dragged out discussion, the votes are finally in. Nobody is truly convinced of ILS's powers, but nobody seems to believe in him. One of you enters his house, right at the sunset, and puts and end to him. His body is disposed of in the woods, where the bears and birds will eat it most likely.

Now that the body is gone, you are free to explore the house. On his bookshelf are, unsurprisingly, books. Except they're all picture books. The words have all been whited out with correction fluid, and only the pictures remain. His desk is riddled with drawings, one for each of you. Some are crossed out, and some remain untouched, as pristine as the day they were drawn. Some are pinned up onto a small corkboard with a frowny face drawn over it in chalk, and you recognize those ones as the pictures of the dead. They're certainly ...not very good, but they're recognizable. You can tell he was keeping track of who was here and who was not.

There are no indicators that he had any ill will against you. No guns or anything, and certainly no knives. It's a shame he wasn't mafia, but you all figured he had to die for the sake of the town.

ILS is dead. He was innocent. 48 hours for night actions.

The air grows colder in the mornings now as the Mafia Games are slowly picked off at night. Wearily, each game steps out of their house, hoping that all others have escaped unscathed. You form a small circle, all wrapped in blankets and huddling close to each other to keep what little warmth you have remaining.

You do a head count, and again, and again. Seven, you get each time. Seven, seven, seven. This isn't right. There should be eight now. You count again, walking around and tapping on the cold heads of all outside. Seven.

You do a roll call, still out in the cold, because if you have to be cold then so should everyone else. You find out that you still only have seven, and there are eight listed on your sheet. Tentatively, you cross off a name, and you enter the house of the one you think is dead, and find another body. It is headless this time, with a note stabbed into the floor beside it with a knife.

"Sorry."

You look around the house, and find a normal pair of shoes, all muddied up and heavily worn. The kitchen has been scrubbed clean of everything, including possessions. The sink is filled with blood, stopped at the bottom with a large cork. Nobody pulls it out. The fireplace is still burning with wood, but you can tell it's about to go out. Several pokeballs sit atop the mantle, all without labels. You decide it's better to leave them be.

Butterfree is dead. She was not mafia. 72 hours to discuss and decide who to lynch.

Hmm. Do you think it's significant that the message read "not mafia" as opposed to "innocent"? Then again, there's been no consistent formatting for the death messages, so probably not.

I can tell you that Wargle dodged a bullet last night.
Because I swapped them for Butterfree.
Whoopsadaisy

Alright, chances are high that we only have 1-2 mafia left. I'm proven inno and so is MD (was it them? Pretty sure). Wargle wouldn't be a killing role unless there's more than one and sandy is pro healer 2k16(if she is a healer) because wargle wouldn't kill wargle jnless wargle wanted to kill wargle.
Discussion time

Hmm. Well, let's see... Phoenix and I are proven innocents. Phoenix also claims to have swapped Wargle and Butterfree last night, which means Wargle was the mafia's intended target, which means Wargle is not mafia. And Wargle claims to have jailed Stryke, which means Stryke wasn't the killer.

So, if we assume that the above is correct (it might not be!), that leaves the following suspects: Zero Moment, sanderidge, and Metallica Fanboy.

Here's my proposal: today, we lynch sanderidge or ZM. If we choose correctly, we might very well win the game just like that. If we mislynch, that leaves MF and one other suspect. So tomorrow, we can lynch MF, since he claimed Hunter. If MF is lying, he's probably mafia, so we win; if he's telling the truth, he can then drop his vengekill to take out the last remaining suspect.

Unless there are any objections, I'm gonna choose to lynch sanderidge today.

Hmm. Well, let's see... Phoenix and I are proven innocents. Phoenix also claims to have swapped Wargle and Butterfree last night, which means Wargle was the mafia's intended target, which means Wargle is not mafia. And Wargle claims to have jailed Stryke, which means Stryke wasn't the killer.

So, if we assume that the above is correct (it might not be!), that leaves the following suspects: Zero Moment, sanderidge, and Metallica Fanboy.

Here's my proposal: today, we lynch sanderidge or ZM. If we choose correctly, we might very well win the game just like that. If we mislynch, that leaves MF and one other suspect. So tomorrow, we can lynch MF, since he claimed Hunter. If MF is lying, he's probably mafia, so we win; if he's telling the truth, he can then drop his vengekill to take out the last remaining suspect.

Unless there are any objections, I'm gonna choose to lynch sanderidge today.

That's pretty rock-solid logic; I can't really see any flaws (correct me if I'm wrong on that) Anyway... bye, sanderidge.

Hm-hm, that works. I wasn't sure about Wargle, to be honest, but we have little reason to doubt Phoenix of the Night's affirmation (although it's as good a time as any to mention that a role confirmation is not an alignment confirmation necessarily -- even if it's fairly reasonable to assume party hosts aren't mafia) and obviously Wargle has probably not tried to attack Wargle last night, so, provided that there isn't another roleblock we haven't accounted for, it all checks out.

G'bye, sanderidge! Let's see if your capitalist ways have led you to a path of corruption.

I mean, it's worth noting that even if all three suspects are actually innocent, and the real mafioso is Wargle, I'm pretty sure we can still win this by sheer voting power thanks to me and Superbird.

^^" At this point, I don't think I can do much! although it doesn't seem like you'll need a healer anymore anyway.

I'll abstain on principle.

Back
Top Bottom