• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ninjas? Pirates? Ninja Pirates?

NINJAS V PIRATES!

• Total voters
Ninjas because they can sneak behind pirates and slit their throats while they're drunk. And they'll just bat away pirate's bullets with their katanas. And they'll blow up their boats with their bombs and jutsu.

Pirates are cool. They drink, smoke, steal, and shoot people. As a pirate, getting booty is fun, and getting in booty is even better. All ninjas do is throw silly stars at each other and do stunts. Besides, who would want to work alone, when you can work besides your fellow, drunken sailors?

Pirates are cool. They drink, smoke, steal, and shoot people. As a pirate, getting booty is fun, and getting in booty is even better. All ninjas do is throw silly stars at each other and do stunts. Besides, who would want to work alone, when you can work besides your fellow, drunken sailors?
This.
Anyone who thinks ninjas are cooler is a tool.

Ninjas don't necessarily work alone.

And excuse me but smoking and excessive drinking is bad for you >=|
And stealing is mean.

Shoot people? Sign of a coward. It takes real guts to use stealth and hand-hand combat. And skill to get a throwing star in the mark. Anyone can point a gun or cannon.

pirates are crazy drunken people without hands. And feet, for that matter.
REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO CAPTIAN HOOOOK?

in other words
ninjas ftw

And excuse me but smoking and excessive drinking is bad for you >=|
And pirates don't give a shit. That's how badass they are.
(And it's "ARE bad for you".)

And skill to get a throwing star in the mark. Anyone can point a gun or cannon.

How can it be harder to aim shuriken than it is to aim a gun or cannon?
And good luck sinking a pirate ship with your pussy little metal stars, by the way.

Oh and finally:
piratesarecool4.gif

Pirates stop global warming.
So there.

Definitely not.

Pirates just became extinct because no one thinks they're cool. Ninjas are the shit, and you know it. Naruto is the only excuse for a ninja, and that's because the Japanese wanted to portray an American as a ninja, which I find very funny. Besides, pirates just lumber around with their rum, while ninjas are stealthy and epic with their vast assortment of weaponry. So THERE!

pirates just lumber around with their rum, while ninjas are stealthy and epic with their vast assortment of weaponry. So THERE!

Rum is not a weapon.
Pirates carry a variety of weapons as well- cutlasses, guns, cannon, you name it. They could even use their hookhands if things got desperate.

And how can ninjas carry a huge arsenal of weapons and still be stealthy? They could manage a few shuriken and a katana perhaps but there comes a point it'd get cumbersome and ruin their stealth, which apparently is a huge selling point. Pirates are not limited in this way.

And pirates don't give a shit. That's how badass they are.
(And it's "ARE bad for you".)
Well good luck with them dying then.

How can it be harder to aim shuriken than it is to aim a gun or cannon?

Because you actually have to throw it, with guns and cannon you just aim and shoot.

And good luck sinking a pirate ship with your pussy little metal stars, by the way.

Good luck even seeing a ninja. Who says they'd want to sink a ship?

Oh and finally:
piratesarecool4.gif

Pirates stop global warming.
So there.

I doubt there are 17 or fewer pirates left, although
Pirates just became extinct because no one thinks they're cool.

^this

And how can ninjas carry a huge arsenal of weapons and still be stealthy? They could manage a few shuriken and a katana perhaps but there comes a point it'd get cumbersome and ruin their stealth, which apparently is a huge selling point. Pirates are not limited in this way.

They don't need weapons. That's how awesome they are.

Because you actually have to throw it, with guns and cannon you just aim and shoot.
And throwing a flimsy bit of metal is SO much more effort than pulling a trigger. And cannon are definitely harder to operate than chucking little stars about.

Good luck even seeing a ninja. Who says they'd want to sink a ship?
Because that's where the pirates live?

They don't need weapons. That's how awesome they are.
So what happened to all the points about how ninjas are awesome because of their stars and how they're better than guns etc etc?

lulz

I'd like to see you shoot a real gun. It's not like Halo. Shuriken aren't amazingly accurate unless you're REALLY good, it's essentially like throwing a sharp metal frisbee. With a gun you're practically guaranteed a kill if you have the experience (like a pirate would).

and this thread makes me want to kill myself.

lulz

I'd like to see you shoot a real gun. It's not like Halo. Shuriken aren't amazingly accurate unless you're REALLY good, it's essentially like throwing a sharp metal frisbee. With a gun you're practically guaranteed a kill if you have the experience (like a pirate would).

and this thread makes me want to kill myself.

I don't see your point.

First sentence is trolling, I'm ignoring that.

And the rest of it is my point exactly. Ninjas can be accurate with a Shuriken.

Last edited:
Okay. And I'm sure a gun is more fatal. Not to mention pirates have fortresses on the water.

I wasn't trolling. I was making a point.

Pssst, Dezzuu. Murkrow doesn't play Halo. Just a hint.

Anyway, I'm not sure which I prefer. Both are pretty cool for their own reasons.

Okay. And I'm sure a gun is more fatal. Not to mention pirates have fortresses on the water.

I wasn't trolling. I was making a point.

I didn't say it wasn't.

That point being? I didn't say firing a gun wasn't hard. My point was the fact that guns don't require as much skill as a Shuriken (I didn't say that no skill was required, however), which you basically repeated in your post.

That point being? I didn't say firing a gun wasn't hard. My point was the fact that guns don't require as much skill as a Shuriken (I didn't say that no skill was required, however), which you basically repeated in your post.

But you ignored the cannon. Cannon is hard to use -- it's a big bulky piece of metal that shoot big bulky pieces of metal.

And vikings are pirates, and vikings > ninjas, therefore pirates > ninjas.

Pssst, Dezzuu. Murkrow doesn't play Halo. Just a hint.

I don't see how that affects what I said in any way.

I didn't say it wasn't.

... Okay. So what you're saying is that pirates' guns are indeed more fatal and take less skill to use. How do the ninjas win there, exactly?

If I may put this in a rather nerdy way, it's like comparing a weapon that you can equip at level 10 that does ~30 damage and a weapon you can equip at level 20 that does ~20 damage. Which one are you going to use?

Back
Top Bottom