• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nostalgia in Pokémon Games

Re: Nostalgia in Pokémon Games

Ah, those were the days.
Christmas 10 years ago or something, I got a Game Boy Color and Pokemon Red. I couldn't find the way out of my house. Then after fifteen minutes, I accidentally got out. Then I got to Viridian Forest, and shut my game off when that first trainer said, "You can't pass without a Pokemon battle!" Somehow, I thought he said that I can't pass at all. Then I dropped the game behind the couch and I couldn't get to it for the rest of the day.

Ah yes. I got Red when I was 7 years old, and though I did pretty well at battling (in my opinion, which meant I had a high-leveled Blastoise HM slave) I couldn't get past Saffron. I just stopped, let an older friend get through it while I was on vacation - and voila, at the Elite Four when I got back. I since then deleted and replayed the game dozens of times, and then gave it to a younger kid who had no idea what Pokemon was. He adores it now... >:D

Heh.
My first game was Pokemon Diamond. Then I got LeafGreen. Then I got yellow, and I'm still stuck in pewter D= Then I got Ruby, Saphire, Emerald, and FireRed for a late Christmas. I gave FireRed to my sister since I had LeafGreen, and they allowed me to have Emerald since it was my birthstone =D But then Diamond deleted my female Swampert D=

I remember a classmate of mine finding Silver in a pink case in the snow during fifth grade. I bought it from him for five bucks the next day.
I remember starting with Cyndaquil. I didn't know that 'switch' could move your pokemon around outside battles (I thought move did that), so he kept going first and ended up overleveled at the Lake of Rage. After that, I restarted the game multiple times, using a Kadabra every time. I never did fight Blue or Red on that cartridge...

i couldn't even find my way out of the house

A friend of mine on another forum said he found it difficult finding his way outside when he first picked up a Pokémon game.

I'm a little worried, really XD

I still remember the first time I played Pokémon. Crystal version was my first game. Since the english version wasn't out yet I imported the japanese version and played it. I wish I had written some kind of journal while playing it like I did with Ruby. It would turn out to be very funny since I didn't know how to switch Pokémon, ended up putting a lot of HM moves on my team.

The stupidest thing I ever did was finding a shiny Misdreavus and instantly restarting my gameboy because I thought my game was glitched... I mean, the thing was freaking yellow, or brown, or gold.. or whatever color it was. It scared the heck out of me. I was a little kid, so I was like "OMG OMG MY GAME IS BROKEN!!!111"

Last edited:

My first game (My first very own video game, in fact) was Yellow, I got it for Christmas when I was 8 and totally freaked out when I found it under the tree. 'Mom, look what Santa brought me! =D' xD It came with a yellow and blue Gameboy Color with pikachu, jigglypuff and togepi on the edges of the screen. I totally had a fit when I couldn't figure out how to catch pokemon, so my dad figured it out for me, and caught my first ever non-started pokemon, metapod.

I remember that the ghosts in Pokemon Tower scared the crap out of me and that my two favorite Pokemon to use in battle were dugtrio (with earthquake) and nidoking (with Flail, I think)

When I was young...BLUE. I remember I got Blue and Gold at the same time but I think I started Blue first. I found my way out of the house and went to the lab. I wasn't just a natural, I asked my dad to search for beginners tips for the games because I'm very 'If something important is going to happen then I need to be prepared'. Of course I was pretty good for my age. I did get stuck on the part where you needed to beat the electric gym but I couldn't find where to get Cut. :D

First game was FireRed.

When I was like, seven.

I lost the cartridge, and my game file was deleted by my cousin - he's older than me, but his mom has a strict video game ban on them. D:

My first game was Crystal. I hadn't wanted to get the games at all at first, because I didn't like the idea of PP. I was in what, fourth grade at the time? But we were on a trip, and these two boys were playing Crystal. Having watched the anime, I was the only one who knew how to pronounce Croconaw, or Zepher. My dad went out that night and bought me a copy of Crystal...

But my first game EVER was either Pokémon Pinball or Puzzle Challenge. I had gotten the GBC from a family friend for a trip to Disney, but I couldn't figure out how to play the Muppets game that she gave me with it. Sigh... I never have liked platformers.

Anyway, my first save file I deleted right after I coudlnt' figure out how to solve the Unown puzzle in the Ruins. Took me like three tries to figure out what happened if you solved it... and i didn't get a guide until long after I beat the Elite Four, much to my shame.

I was the only one who knew how to pronounce Croconaw, or Zepher.

Be that as it may, you still didn't know how to spell it.

Now, lessee... my first game was Gold, after having pestered my parents to the ends of the earth to get it for me. I really didn't have the "getting out of the house" problems that you guys had, seeing as I had the game guide, but I did some pretty stupid things... oh yeah, killing both Sudowoodo and the Red Gyarados because I had no conception of "one-offs," and being stuck at Morty's gym for about a month since I couldn't figure out the puzzle. Uh. My Cyndaquil was FIERY but then I renamed her (yeah, she was female) to FIREY although apparently the initial spelling was the right one. xD; Also, Whitney = hard and the E4 = harder. I used my Masterball on Ho-oh and then was sort of stuck when it came to Lugia. xD

My ingame team was something like Typhlosion, Ampharos, Quagsire, Togetic, Ho-oh, and Espeon. I think. :< I srsly miss that game; it randomly vanished one day when I was playing it in the car and left it on the seat. Sadness. D:

Ha....
First game I ever got was LeafGreen.
I remember that, before this, I've only played Pokemon Crater online, so I thought if I couldn't find Squirtle as a starter, I would get it in the lake.
I was, what, eight at the time?
Boy, was I relived when I found out about starters. XD. The second game I got a month ago, a Crystal Version. *sigh* I'm only at the third gym....
Lesse, My LG game team is: Blastiose, Raichu,Nidoking,*Mr.Nido!* Moltres, Dewgong, and Pidgeot.
Crystal: Quilava, Noctowl, Raticate, and Ariados.

Last edited:

urg, it's hard to type and hold a kitten at the same time.....

Ok, my first game was Ruby, and it was nuts. When professor Birch yelled for help i just threw out the pokeball the little arrow happened to be on (torchic) and beat the Poocheyna in, like, thirty seconds (critical hit). Because i tought that if you didn't beat it quick it'd like eat you or something. (I hadn't ever played a turn based video game bofore) I spent the whole storyline completely freaked out that my pokemon were going to die or soemthing. I also caught every pokemon i hadn't already seen and spent hours looking for an Absol (which is now one of my favorite pokemon)in the wrong spot, because I'd caught about twenty different pokemon and defeated a gym, and i saved wrong ;_;.

while defeating the evil team i thought that if i didn't beat them rihgt away they'd actually be able to take over the little world. (i know, i'm pathetic!) So i freaked out and over trained my Blaziken (named TWEET) and ended up with an over powerful starter and a really terrible team. (But i defeated the evil team!!!!!!!) yeah, and i made groudon feint, and i used my masterball on a zigzagoon.

then there's the elite four. Who were completely wierd. I used a bunch of pokemon from victory road and TWEET to beat them. And i found out that my overleveled tweet has the perfect moveset for defeating almost (all now) the entire elite four by himself. (i have currently defeated them 48 times in ruby alone)

And, i almost have all the pokedex entries for ruby, and i'm still training pokemon in it. Tweet remains, to this day, my best and most treasured pokemon. I haven't ever gotten any other pokemon to LV100, my pikachu evolved without a thunderstone, and my kitten has fallen asleep.

I was in 5th grade when Red and Blue came out. My brother would've been.... six-ish at the time, and he had Blue first, and I'd always ask if I could try it. My parents finally got me my own version then, and I remember nearly everyone in my class would bring their gameboys and if we had indoor recess 'cause of rain or something our teacher would let us play with them, and we'd all trade and battle each other XD

I remember my first save file got deleted 'cause I was trying to clone a Mew for my friend, and I was sooo upset :[ But yes, great times. Oh, and we'd always try to see what kinds of crazy things Missingno could do to the games, if we were getting ready to restart a file anyway, haha.

The Crystal I got for my 9th birthday, along with a Gameboy Advance that was my FIRST GAME CONSOLE EVER.

I had a Typhlosion with:

Strength
Flamethrower
Rock Smash
Cut

About a decade ago, I bought Pokémon Blue because my cousin (who was a very influential figure for me at the time) told me that it was an awesome game. I was playing the game on my bed and I couldn't figure out what button to press to make Professor Oak resume his speech that introduced you to the world of Pokémon. I was frustrated and ended up turning off my game. I didn't pick it up again for another few months when my cousin decided to give me a tutorial so I'd know how to play.

Ah, those were the days.

my pikachu evolved without a thunderstone
What?

My first game ever was Gold. I forget how I got it, but it had to do with my brother. I still have my Gold. I don't remember much of playing it, but it was great.

Then, I moved on to Sapphire, a gift for my birthday from a friend. It was then that I fell in love with Latias. I first found it after a whole bunch of Safari Zone runthroughs, and I proceeded to fail to catch it (Master Ball was used on Kyogre).

Then I lost my Sapphire.

Then I got LeafGreen, and played that, and still have it, Kanto Pokédex completed.

Then I bought a used Emerald with a dead internal battery for the sake of having Latias again.

Somewhere in the middle I got Pokémon XD and played and beat it too. In fact, just a couple of days ago I purified Dragonite. I play it in spurts.
Also, I have Mystery Dungeon Blue from my birthday two years ago.

Now, to finish off, I have Diamond, National Pokédex completed, and finished. All that's left is the cursed Battle Tower!

So, yeah. I'd say it's all good memories. I love my gaming life.

Yeah, but most of those evolved around LV25-35. Mine evolved at about LV62, and I'd thrown away all of my thunderstones(headdesk) because my brother wouldn't quit bugging me about having him evolve. He was holding a Magnet, but he was still holding it after the evelution. I also don't have a Growlithe in that game.

Well, that surely is something new. Cool.

But nobody's figured out WHY it happens yet?

Back
Top Bottom