• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obama's Inauguration

Zeta's post makes me feel quite glad that I didn't have school today. Because if there were I'd have had to hear people shouting about how Obama = communism tenfold. The overwhelming majority of my classmates are dumbasses to say the least.

Oh that's nothing. My entire family (particularly the ones that voted for him) are going to hear about how Obama = Antichrist from my grandma and most of the church she belongs to nonstop for months.
And they just don't give uuuuuup ><

Also in the "I wanted Bush to win for a stupid reason" wagon; I was 12/13 and believed everything my parents said. :(

I didn't see the part, but everyone in my class was laughing at that pastor guy when he put really weird emphasis on Obama's daughters' names. Like he was trying to say them in some unidentifiable foreign accent or something. Hard to explain. D:

Oh I watched this, and ugh I know, that guy did say their names weird D:
and that lady who sang "Freedom Ring" Sounded awful I wanted to punch her >:[
Yay Obama~
But yesterday on the news all they where talking about was "EVERYONE is wondering what Micheal Obama is going to wear to the Inaugural ball!" But mentioned almost nothing else. Why I ask, is it so fucking important what Mrs.Obama is wearing? They made it seem as if that's all that matters >:[

My entire family (particularly the ones that voted for him) are going to hear about how Obama = Antichrist from my grandma and most of the church she belongs to nonstop for months.

Wtf >:[

I got to see 'Bama today.
There we no boos, though, but only hurrays,
And maybe one or two laughs,
That did only get passed
When Obama didn't know what to say.

Oh that's nothing. My entire family (particularly the ones that voted for him) are going to hear about how Obama = Antichrist from my grandma and most of the church she belongs to nonstop for months.
And they just don't give uuuuuup ><

That actually sounds like my mom's side of the family. Nice people but... I had to spend all of Christmas Eve listening about how Obama is not a US citizen, how he's a Muslim terrorist, how he's the Antichrist, how he's going to take away their precious guns, blah blah blah...

the only bad part of it was my whole school had to watch it while it destroyed our lunchtime (thank the lord thta i had randomly packed a light lunch and a meal replacement)(i do that sometimes :D)! but still... not very exciting...

did anyone else have an lol moment when that guy said "the black won't have to get in back, the brown can stick around, the yellow can be mellow, and the red man can get ahead, man"? that was some funny stuff.

Yeah, I saw that. That was awesome. His speech was awesome. It could just be that I'm an ass, but when Obama was mentioning something about "a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and non-believers", I totally squealed. Finally someone decided to realize our existence...

I watched it. Nobody in the class paid attention. I did though. :o

The lady that was wearing the red jacket thing, she was bothering me. Not only the way she talked, but there was one piece of curly, weird, hair that kept blowing back and forth but none of the other pieces were.

"A nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and non-believers". That made me happy too. :)

when Obama was mentioning something about "a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and non-believers", I totally squealed. Finally someone decided to realize our existence...

"A nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and non-believers". That made me happy too. :)

While us Buddhists were left out in the cold. v_v

Something to lighten up with.

Barack Obama said:
My fellow Americans, today is a sticky day. You have shown the world that "hope" is not just another word for "music", and that "change" is not only something we can believe in again, but something we can actually defenestrate.

Today we celebrate, but let there be no mistake – America faces compact and sweet challenges like never before. Our economy is infectious. Americans can barely afford their mortgages, let alone have enough money left over for communists. Our healthcare system is black. If your middle finger is sick and you don't have insurance, you might as well call a dentist. And America's image overseas is tarnished like a watch flashlight. But bribing together we can right this ship, and set a course for Texas.

Finally, I must thank my reactionary family, my loud campaign volunteers, but most of all, I want to thank the Chinese for making this historic occasion possible. Of course, I must also thank you, President Bush, for years of corrupting the American people. Without your poor efforts, none of this would have been possible.

Last edited:
Eeee, it was good. Me and my friends went all the way over to the student bar that was showing the inauguration on a massive screen and it was absolutely packed and completely silent while he was giving his speech and everyone cheered after he'd been sworn in.

...then we drunk lots. And it was good.

I'm very much amused about how anti-Republican (specifically anti-Bush) the BBC is. I expecially loved all the snide "Public opinion of Bush is that he's a piece of crap" (or something to that effect) comments.

My fellow Americans, today is a Old day. You have shown the world that "hope" is not just another word for "Poo", and that "change" is not only something we can believe in again, but something we can actually Jump.

Today we celebrate, but let there be no mistake – America faces Tired and Smart challenges like never before. Our economy is Dumb. Americans can barely afford their mortgages, let alone have enough money left over for Quesadillas. Our healthcare system is Cool. If your Foot is sick and you don't have insurance, you might as well call a Movie star. And America's image overseas is tarnished like a Knife Ball. But Kicking together we can right this ship, and set a course for Hell.

Finally, I must thank my Awesome family, my Boreing campaign volunteers, but most of all, I want to thank Satan for making this historic occasion possible. Of course, I must also thank you, President Bush, for years of Bouncing the American people. Without your Hyper efforts, none of this would have been possible.
My fellow Americans, today is a Awful day. You have shown the world that "hope" is not just another word for "Monster", and that "change" is not only something we can believe in again, but something we can actually Bounce.

Today we celebrate, but let there be no mistake – America faces Music and Letter challenges like never before. Our economy is Tie. Americans can barely afford their mortgages, let alone have enough money left over for Tigers. Our healthcare system is Valor. If your Nose is sick and you don't have insurance, you might as well call a Rock star. And America's image overseas is tarnished like a Dragon Oven. But Pumping together we can right this ship, and set a course for Mexico.

Finally, I must thank my Terrible family, my Magnificent campaign volunteers, but most of all, I want to thank Hitler for making this historic occasion possible. Of course, I must also thank you, President Bush, for years of Killing the American people. Without your Jelly efforts, none of this would have been possible.

Last edited:
My fellow Americans, today is a wonderous day. You have shown the world that "hope" is not just another word for "vodka", and that "change" is not only something we can believe in again, but something we can actually consume.

Today we celebrate, but let there be no mistake – America faces fat and natural challenges like never before. Our economy is stinky. Americans can barely afford their mortgages, let alone have enough money left over for drugs. Our healthcare system is curious. If your nostril is sick and you don't have insurance, you might as well call a psychologist. And America's image overseas is tarnished like a painting maverick. But dying together we can right this ship, and set a course for the Rappahannock River.

Finally, I must thank my irrational family, my sleepy campaign volunteers, but most of all, I want to thank atheists for making this historic occasion possible. Of course, I must also thank you, President Bush, for years of drinking the American people. Without your friendly efforts, none of this would have been possible.

Anyway, I greatly enjoyed the inaguration. If anyone was watching the ball, can you tell me what the little white dots on Michelle's dress were? Were they feathers, or pom-poms, or bits of fabric, or....?

I only got to watch half of it, unfortunately. Well, I can always watch the other half online. And i already know what he talks aabout. He really just says the same things in all of his other speeches.

Not Barack Obama said:
My fellow Americans, today is a tasty day. You have shown the world that "hope" is not just another word for "kittens", and that "change" is not only something we can believe in again, but something we can actually grin.

Today we celebrate, but let there be no mistake – America faces hot and cold challenges like never before. Our economy is lukewarm. Americans can barely afford their mortgages, let alone have enough money left over for werewolves. Our healthcare system is bloody. If your left big toe is sick and you don't have insurance, you might as well call a Proctologist. And America's image overseas is tarnished like a ice cube meat loaf. But flapping together we can right this ship, and set a course for your house.

Finally, I must thank my loud family, my electrifying campaign volunteers, but most of all, I want to thank Mexicans for making this historic occasion possible. Of course, I must also thank you, President Bush, for years of panting the American people. Without your wet efforts, none of this would have been possible.

:3

I saw the end of Obama's speech at school. Actually, we watched the inauguration in the two classes I least expected the teachers to have it on, precalc and band. But anyway, I heard the end of his speech. He's definitely an inspirational speaker.

However, I'm not swayed by words. Words are powerful, yes, but words don't always tell the truth and words don't always cement promises. So I won't have a true opinion on this until he does something.

I admit I never really did any research on either of the candidates, so I can't say who I would have voted for and I can't say who I supported. But... in the words of my band director, he is President to all of us now. He is our President, for all of America. ((Okay, so those weren't exactly my band director's words; I changed it so it made more gramatical sense. xD))

I mean, America voted for him, and America chose him. So I'll respect him, and I'll support him until I find reason not to.

Watched the inauguration in school. We had it on a projector in the auditorium.

And one of my friends caught Obama making a mistake. There have only been 43 people to take the oath of office, not 44.

He said that after he took the oath, didn't he? So there would be 44? Unless one president didn't take the oath, for some reason...

Grover Cleveland served 2 nonconsecutive terms as president. So Obama is the 44th president, but the 43rd man to get sworn in.

Back
Top Bottom