• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers

Welcome! ArtMo is a local offshoot of that NaNoWriMo thing that those writerpeople do. Every day during December, you draw a picture. Alternatively, you may skip drawing for a day and draw two later to make up for it. It's a challenge of sorts.

Sasuke
I was going through a Naruto fangirl phase a couple of weeks ago. This is what happened.

Kanto Starters
Not my best. Just uploaded for Moonwalker.

Eevix
Eevee spliced with Vulpix. :3

I think they all suck. :x

Last edited:
Oh, hr. What quality do the pictures have to be? Can they just be nice-looking sketches? I could probably knock out all 31 in one day, lulz.

Nemec, Eevix is so cute. D: Augh. I want one.

Seconding the cuteness of Eevix. Does it evolve into versions of the Eeveelutions, but each has nine tales? :p

I don't know the rules, but I think anything goes - like how you can technically complete NaNo by copying the same word 50,000 times over, it's intended to be a self-improvement thing.

I think I might do it this year and actively try and slow down when I draw. I get an idea, get excited, scribble it down, and call it done. Very rarely do I spend more than 15-30 minutes on a picture, and it shows.

Relatedly, I'd really welcome any crit on these three pictures. I'm going to ink and colour them, but obviously, I'd like to correct any glaring flaws before doing so :)

Hmm, Dannichu, how serious do you want the crits? Like, general tips, or uh. Usually when I crit I get somewhat harsh and people get insulted, so if you don't want a srs bsns crit, I can just you know, give suggestions.

Uh, I'd rather not redraw them entirely, but the things that look really wrong, advice on how to correct things would be really welcome. I can usually tell when things are off (Espeon's front arm, Umbreon's hind legs), but I don't really know what to do to correct them. I rarely, if ever, draw from references, so imagining how it *should* look is hard :/

Thank you :)

Sasuke
I was going through a Naruto fangirl phase a couple of weeks ago. This is what happened.

Kanto Starters
Not my best. Just uploaded for Moonwalker.

Eevix
Eevee spliced with Vulpix. :3

I think they all suck. :x

1. Full of epic win.

2. :3

3. OMFGIT'SSOADORIBLEAWWWWWWWH.

Suck? No. They're full of win. Your style for the Kanto Starters is win. <3 The only thing I would work on is Squirtles arms and legs. They look to long. But overall: AWESOMESAUCE.

Thaaaaank you! <3 I really might take you up on a proper-crit-thing sometime, if that's okay? I really do need to push myself to improve, and going "OH, BUT IT'S OKAY" isn't going to.

I'll post the properly done ones when they're, uh, properly done. :)

No problem :D I'd love to do a proper-crit-thing. Ranting is fun. Ranting about anatomy and art and such. Especially when you're low on sleep and bored and yes, it's fun to do... hrr.

Wow Pentimento, that's really useful criticism and more importantly, showing visually how things can be changed. Welcome. I'm sure everyone will find your criticisms useful.

So I'm still working on my actual reference; I could be finished with it by now, but I want to make it as good as I can and add some creases and folds to the clothes. I'm not so good with that though, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out. [Here's a link], the other stuff is just general stuff about individual clothes and whatnot. Very geometric because I can't be arsed and you can see how if aught to look in the actual picture.

Also Nemec, just a bit of general advice; Your post was an art dump, just giving some links to drawings and then leaving a post at that. It's great to look at your stuff which is pretty cool, but dumping led to the death of (I think it was) the first OS and we'd rather not have a repeat of that.

@ Kai, I'm glad you liked my crit, so here's one for you. xD I'm admittedly not great with humans / clothes, but the most important thing is always to reference. So. Use reference. :D

Oh! This club looks pretty interesting; God knows I do so many little doodles and such it isn't even funny... I can join? c:

Yes we you can! *shot* <3

Ahahah, joke's over. Welcome to OS! We'd love to see your drawings~

Do you have any uploaded already?

oh my god you guys

nostalgiaaa~
Yes I am going through every post in the thread again. I miss the old days. :'c

Also Pentimento; Thanks for the reference, it's great to see where folds aught to go and stuff. Kai!Jacket is a bit thicker than a labcoat though, more like . . . Well, a jacket. Though I did realise I needed to edit the shoulders a little thanks to your help. And If I can get straps on my sleeves, I damn well will. :D

oh my god you guys

nostalgiaaa~
Yes I am going through every post in the thread again. I miss the old days. :'c

Also Pentimento; Thanks for the reference, it's great to see where folds aught to go and stuff. Kai!Jacket is a bit thicker than a labcoat though, more like . . . Well, a jacket. Though I did realise I needed to edit the shoulders a little thanks to your help. And If I can get straps on my sleeves, I damn well will. :D

I feel sad that I'm not part of the nostalgia. :C

DARN ME AND NOT JOINING A LONG TIME AGO. D:

Oh, yeah, Kai. Have you gotten all the threadmins down, or are there positions still open?

...For the record, any art I ever showed in that thread is absolutely awful and does not count as anything ever. *Shudder*

*is counting Zephyrous' art as something*

Back
Top Bottom