• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

figured we should tier it up now that there's less than 24h to EoD :O
mewtini's list unordered within tiers, rari's /is/ ordered
The Free Encyclopedia™
tbh²

featured articles
qva

reliable sources
jack
trebek
mist
storm

[dubiousdiscuss]
bfree
koko
vm
hydreigon

[citation needed]
rnp
hmf

marked for deletion
seshas

This article related to a mafia player is a stub.
emmy
keldeo
MhHGid.jpg

tbh²

Dd4iYm.jpg

skylar, jack

ABLpPj.jpg

kokorico, trebek, mist, RNP, storm

CjqRYn.jpg

bfree, hydreigon

8RtpGh.jpg

hmf, seshas

54IyFo.jpg

VM, emmy, keldeo
- tbh²

The Free Encyclopedia™
tbh²

featured articles
qva

reliable sources
jack
trebek
mist
storm

[dubiousdiscuss]
bfree
koko
vm
hydreigon

[citation needed]
rnp
hmf

marked for deletion
seshas

emmy
keldeo
MhHGid.jpg

tbh²

Dd4iYm.jpg

skylar, jack

ABLpPj.jpg

CjqRYn.jpg

bfree, hydreigon

8RtpGh.jpg

hmf, seshas

54IyFo.jpg

VM, emmy, keldeo
- tbh²
please stop i cant take any more of these tier labels

theyre too good

The Free Encyclopedia™
tbh²

featured articles
qva

reliable sources
jack
trebek
mist
storm

[dubiousdiscuss]
bfree
koko
vm
hydreigon

[citation needed]
rnp
hmf

marked for deletion
seshas

emmy
keldeo
MhHGid.jpg

tbh²

Dd4iYm.jpg

skylar, jack

ABLpPj.jpg

CjqRYn.jpg

bfree, hydreigon

8RtpGh.jpg

hmf, seshas

54IyFo.jpg

VM, emmy, keldeo
- tbh²
So if I'm reading this right, the two of you put pretty much everyone in approximately the same order-ish except koko and RNP ("fine" to mewt, lower tiers to rari) and VM ("dubious" to rari, no read to mewt)? Can y'all elaborate about why you differ on those folks or does it basically just boil down to unexplainable gut reads?

The Free Encyclopedia™
tbh²

featured articles
qva

reliable sources
jack
trebek
mist
storm

[dubiousdiscuss]
bfree
koko
vm
hydreigon

[citation needed]
rnp
hmf

marked for deletion
seshas

emmy
keldeo
MhHGid.jpg

tbh²

Dd4iYm.jpg

skylar, jack

ABLpPj.jpg

CjqRYn.jpg

bfree, hydreigon

8RtpGh.jpg

hmf, seshas

54IyFo.jpg

VM, emmy, keldeo
- tbh²
can you guys explain your seshas read?

So if I'm reading this right, the two of you put pretty much everyone in approximately the same order-ish except koko and RNP ("fine" to mewt, lower tiers to rari) and VM ("dubious" to rari, no read to mewt)? Can y'all elaborate about why you differ on those folks or does it basically just boil down to unexplainable gut reads?
tbh our views are very similar on most of the roster, yeah. first and foremost i want to clarify that the [dubiousdiscuss] tier is my null pile, and not…dubious. maybe i should’ve thought this through better lol

but i digress. the koko read difference is given by a difference in skepticism regarding the culttalk between em and trebek. we both agree that the interaction is most likely v/v and koko is just a confused townie, but we also both agree that if there’s a wolf in that interaction, that is almost surely koko. that is because the whole discussion was mostly fueled by em, revolved around a spurious notion (that the town should be warned about the existence of 3ps in the wincon, which…doesn’t really make any sense) and was an effective distraction of the town from what really concerns us more – achieving our wincon (i.e. sorting out mafia) –, taking about one page and a half of real estate in the process. the bottom line is that mewt is giving em more benefit of the doubt than i am. and to be fair, she mentioned that her koko read was swinging wildly and she moved eir name a lot around her tierlist as she compiled it.

the rnp read is something similar. my read is in association with hmf, who we both are suspecting for a plethora of reasons – posts that just don’t make sense, apparently gratuitous shading, misrepresentation and longposts that only discuss very NAI mech stuff. i believe that rnp’s one-shot power is likely to be a ruse, a mere ploy for him to clear his wolfmate d1. i will bite myself in the tongue if hmf posts the copypasta declaring to be mafia-aligned one minute before EoD and/or forgets about it and gets modkilled (or worse, if one of them die and flip green), but i’m wearing that tinfoil hat. mewt agrees that hmf is looking bad, but thinks that she’d rather revisit rnp considering the association read after EoD.

finally, the vm read is the simpler: i think that his second post looks good in a way that shows that he actually made an effort to read a bit of the thread and form his own reads. it’s absolutely NAI, but it shows effort and is enough for me to move him from the no idea pile to the null pile. mewt is awaiting more posts to form a preliminary read.

can you guys explain your seshas read?
our seshas reads are very similar – so similar, in fact, that i am going to quote what mewt sent me about her seshasthoughts and work from there:
mewtini said:
on seshas, i'm oscillating a bit because there are a few posts of hers that i liked/struck me as being vaguely towny / being in her tarot meta ... like her starting out being afraid to read us/getting pocketed by us in 23 but later getting off of the hedge in 245, somewhat. also her voicing that she was afraid of getting storm pocketed again in 154 felt good in the moment

on the other hand i think that that's all pretty much fakeable as any alignment (especially for seshas, who iirc has said that she channels town as wolf, and is also just a good enough player to make any of these comments 'offhand'). it bothers me a lot that she seems so handwavey about the cultspec - i think it's one thing to feel like the cult thing is a hoax (mist said as much and i actually liked that comment) but it's another to acknowledge it and be like, shrug, when aiui it would actually be worthwhile to at least /think/ about it if you are town and find it a possibility. i think it's not really a great look for seshas to be so nonchalant about it, especially when mafia likely have less reason to care about a cult since the existence of such would fuck up the town wincon and when mafia passively kill cult recruiters. relatedly, her attitude wrt trebek kind of threw me a bit as well (in that she was actively reading him as a cultist, but was all but happy to let him vibe, before later actively TRing him)

also i was initially fine with her vote on koko because i think tcodf could stand to start the voting phase a bit earlier, but on reread i'm like. kind of eh about it and think it was a potentially-agendaed vote. iirc koko wasn't really the only, or even the main, person pushing cultspec and seshas pointing out koko "rushing" a stance on things ... felt like seshas rushing a stance/vote in and of itself

besides everything that mewt addressed above, there are also a couple of posts of hers that can definitely be read as LAMIST; the first being 21, where she talks about randing town five times in a row (the fifth would be this present game – this is admittedly a bit of a weak evidence, but it adds to the picture) and the second being 305, quoted here fully:
I am immune to any actions that would cause me to be unable to target any players on the same team as me, which would be >rand a mafia role because the vast majority of mafia roles don't benefit from targeting their teammates
if it is not clear, our point is that making a post solely to talk about how wolfy one’s role is is nothing but LAMIST.

what i differ in my seshasread is that i don’t give much credit to the towntells that mewt pointed out in the first paragraph because i believe that wouldn’t be hard for seshas to fake – the tier title was very accurate this time when i named it marked for deletion. still, we both agree that seshas is a very decent counterwagon and a good place to put a bit of pressure on at this time of the Day.

- rari

hmmm, ok. i like those thoughts even if i don’t quite agree.

i kind of like the idea of competing seshas/koko wagons because i believe they’re probably anti-aligned. do you think they could be v/v or w/w?

like yeah the hmf thing is easily falsifiable but, like, if i'm gonna pull the wool over someone's eyes, it's either going to be extremely logical or batshit fucking insane. why would i claim such an uncommon role and somehow get mf, local Experienced Mafia Player, to play along with it.

as scum i like to play in the background until i fuck people's days up completely, why would i claim, d1, a detrimental town role with a one-shot that seems like it's too good to be true unless it WAS

Back
Top Bottom