• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

i just keep kinda thinking that, gun to head, i think it sounds more earnest than not

Seshas' posts in the early 300s (e.g. 326, 334) feel disingenuous in a way I find difficult to describe? like, Seshas is an experienced player who's demonstrated consistently that she's good at the game, so it doesn't make sense to me for her to be confused about cult mechanics. maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but it feels more like she was trying to waste time/lead discussion into an unproductive direction/raise doubts about how mechanics work when it's easy to just like... look up cults on the mafiascum and mafiauniverse wikis
mm, i agree somewhat on this point to an extent, but i got similar and much more pronounced feelings from koko's posts here and here. i'd be curious to hear your thoughts on those and how you feel they compare to the posts from seshas's you specified.
hm, good point. but fwiw it feels to me like e's more responding to the "what even are cult mechanics" discussion that started with Trebek and Seshas circa 325/326, which everyone in the thread was talking about at that time

if koko is scum, the posts you pointed out could be an opportunistic attempt to keep wasting time, but if e's villager, they could easily just be what everyone else was doing, talking in circles because the topic was at hand

tldr I guess I feel like those posts are kind of null indicator value because I feel like they're following the flow of everyone else in thread at that time, whereas I'm leaning more to scumreading Seshas' posts bc they're a significant part of what kicked off that topic in the first place
hmmm, ok. i think i can see where you’re coming from here. i would argue that if koko is scum then eir intention wasn’t to waste time but rather to cast doubt on the information town have access to.

for what it's worth, koko's posts that kyeugh brought up have a similar vibe to me, so I'm uncertain about which, if either, denotes any kind of potential leaning towards mafia. I don't necessarily think the confusion is even out of character for them, because this seems like a deliberately very confusing setup, and the discussions and reads have... also been that

i just keep kinda thinking that, gun to head, i think it sounds more earnest than not
i disagree tbh. however: i do think the fact that e emself brought up the point of it not applying to jesters etc (at least iirc) is something, and it’s given me some pause. that’s probably the major thing contradicting my read of em.

however i don’t see the wagons moving off koko/seshas, though, and until they do i think koko is where i’m going to have to stay. i might be open to a third wagon if anyone has any ideas.

Kind of getting to the "read 250 posts in <2 hours, brain fuzzy" point so I might take a little break. For all I've said about the Seshas cases, I think I'm vibing enough with Seshas/koko wagons, in that I haven't seen anything from them that really makes me sit up and bump them to "not today" tier.

@Seshas can you elaborate on your Trebek progression for me, and how you're viewing the possibility of cult at this time?

what gives me pause on reading koko as earnest in the thing i quoted is that, uh, i think the 3p oversight is kind of big and i think koko would probably have known. it's kind of up to "how likely is it that e really thought emself in circles like that, given experience level" and i'm ... not sure. if seshas gets another vote i might move to balance wagons tbh
-m

what gives me pause on reading koko as earnest in the thing i quoted is that, uh, i think the 3p oversight is kind of big and i think koko would probably have known. it's kind of up to "how likely is it that e really thought emself in circles like that, given experience level" and i'm ... not sure. if seshas gets another vote i might move to balance wagons tbh
-m
but then e figured it out on eir own so idk
i guess that's NAI

I feel like he's rushing a stance on the cultist thing for the purpose of taking one, instead of proceeding in good faith
Inclined to say this specific tack makes Seshas/koko not w/w at least. It's like... if they were mafia partners, of course koko would be acting in "good faith" about a threat to both of them, so that occurs less to say?
to respond to both this and kyeugh's prompt wrt scumbuddies, which I seem to have lost amidst the quote hell:
I do also feel quite certain that kokorico and seshas are unlikely to be w/w, which is in fact another good reason to sup the science here; and if seshas is scum, that'll reflect poorly on hydreigon, who seshas keeps randomly pointing to as towny, and on kyeugh, because the thing with the PM is a good look but like, not an obligate clear

funny enough, I feel the exact same way about you. the PM thing probably clears you, but if it wasn't for that, I'd be wigged to a burning intensity about how set you are on Seshas being town and Kokorico being mafia, when all you have on the former is "I disagree with the going scumspec" (which points to a null read, not a town read) and all you have on the latter is "vibe bad", despite you and Seshas being prompted to elaborate multiple times by now.
that's not really all i have for seshas. i don't believe these wagons are v/v, and seshas voted very early and basically unprompted for a player i also scumread. that's a good look for her in my eyes. it just happens that i'm also not particularly convinced by the arguments against her. i don't expect my read on koko to work for everyone, which is why i haven't been pushing it.

it's not the fact that you're scumreading seshas alone that bothers me here. tbh² doesn't like her either, and they're one of my top town reads. but tbh² is willing to participate in a discussion about it and critically consider their reads and the reads of others, whereas you've established a pattern of running into give your reads or point at those of others who agree with you, and then neglect to engage with points other people make beyond that you don't like them (for no clear reason other than that they contradict your read), which is something that irks me a lot. you're not really participating in a discussion here, you're just pushing a wagon, and a fairly flimsy one at that.
oh yeah, so what you have on Seshas is that they're probably not w/w with Kokorico, which I agree with, but that ultimately just circles back to the strange level of confidence on Kokorico being scum

(that said, you finally did at least point to a couple of kokoposts that were wigging you, so, uh. time to open more tabs. my poor browser yearns for freedom I think I still have tbh²'s tier list open somewhere)

anyways -- the issue isn't that you're saying "she doesn't sound scummy", it's that you both keep introducing reasoning that Seshas herself never made. if I'm scumreading her, I'm obligated to figure out what her real thinking process was, but if you're townreading her, shouldn't her own arguments be self-sufficient?
like what?
[/QUOTE]
like i've said a few times, we should absolutely not be using the lynch for the cult, least of all before we know for sure a cult even exists. it was just speculation.
In other words, generically I feel like third party hunting is pro-both mafia and town but town should probably focus on hunting for mafia, so like... I guess I'm landing at ehh I feel like Seshas probably just states that regardless of alignment if they really do have a cultist read on Trebek, with the "I don't feel like killing him for it" being a 'pro-town' addendum

Vote History (please let me know if there's an error):

Seshas voted kokorico (#192)
kyeugh voted kokorico (#234)

Mist1422 voted Mawile (#313)
Seshas voted Mawile (#315)
Despicable Meme voted Mawile (#401)
storm voted Mawile (#409)

RedneckPhoenix voted RedneckPhoenix (#416)
RedneckPhoenix voted JackPK (#420)
tbh^2 voted Seshas (#436)
RedneckPhoenix voted tbh^2 (#437)
Despicable Meme voted Seshas (#550)
JackPK voted Seshas (#601)

Vote Count
:
Seshas (3), kokorico (2), tbh^2 (1)

if seshas is scum, that'll reflect poorly on hydreigon, who seshas keeps randomly pointing to as towny, and on kyeugh, because the thing with the PM is a good look but like, not an obligate clear
disagree that it would look bad for skylar (by virtue of "town defending scum doesn't make town scummy")
-m

if seshas is scum, that'll reflect poorly on hydreigon, who seshas keeps randomly pointing to as towny, and on kyeugh, because the thing with the PM is a good look but like, not an obligate clear
disagree that it would look bad for skylar (by virtue of "town defending scum doesn't make town scummy")
-m
i am very interested in hydreigon getting back around to giving seshas thoughts though

ugh reading

@Seshas can you elaborate on your Trebek progression for me, and how you're viewing the possibility of cult at this time?
I think the cults at this point in time are probably not real, since we found that our singular piece of evidence for a cult existing is untrustworthy anyways
Trebek I thought originally that "this is something a cultist would totally do, and it seems slightly awkward" and not that "town is unlikely to do this" and then I liked their tone and how they talked about the ability format in an uninformed way

I'm not that confident on W!koko but I think that's where I feel by far the most comfortable from any player

Back
Top Bottom