• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

ok, the longpost is finally here. before anything i must say i know this will end up… very different from what i expected last night, lol. my ~fabled~ longposting powers only really exist when i’m at #maximumtilt and the fact that (most of?) the town isn’t buying into vm’s bullshit and he’s set to be lynched is making me more satisfied than tilted really

i must say, though, that it was quite painful for me to read over a dozen pages of people still going hmmm what if vm town even with the piling inconsistencies regarding multitasking, general attitude, bus driving, alleged GM PMing and more. i mean, i understand the sentiment, but come on guys, it is pretty apparent that this is scum fakeclaim gone wrong.

before anyone says anything else about trebek being the bus driver and/or the existence of a bus driver at all, i must remind y’all that he literally said with all words that he had crumbed his role yesterday. i challenge all of you to find a rolesoft that isn’t the busy drivin’. from what all people that are not claiming things full of holes are saying, his actions must’ve been tbh²/kokorico n0 and tbh²/hydreigon25 n1.

but then this gets me, i don't know where rari is (probably not here) but this seems like such a weird play for mafia to make that i almost loop back around to VM town
for transparency’s sake: i fully believe that vm has a crummy passive mafia role (hence not knowing that multitasking isn’t allowed) and is sacrificing himself to out the real cop

it is indeed weird, but if vm is mafia, he's made several ballsy gambits in this game. the first was the thing "clearing" hydreigon—incidentally, when he came in to claim his red check on you, it was when under hydreigon was under a bunch of heat. i do get vague feelings of desperate town from his recent posting, but at the same time, his refusal to consider any world except for that he is sane and i am lying does not strike me as particularly pro-town, so idk.
this isn’t weird tbh. this is exactly what mafia!vm would do. “clearing” a scumbuddy d1 and steering conversation away from said scumbuddy’s lynch d2 with a spetaculous accusatory fakeclaiming gambit. he’s full-on powerwolfing.

at this point I'm thinking vm is the most likely to be mafia, but I'm keeping my vote on koko bc that's still the death that guarantees us the most useful info regardless of flip (if we yeet vm and he somehow flips green, we have NO IDEA what to do with his results because we don't know his sanity)
this seems to make sense at first, but once you analyse it closely it does not. yes, koko’s flip would glean the most information on other people’s alignments when compared to qva or vm. but vm’s actions and inconsistencies are utmostly incompatible with town. while if vm flipped green we would be left very confused and with little information on other people’s alignments, this scenario is so absurdly improbable to happen that it should trump a koko infolynch. koko can be sorted out either toMorrow or by a vig.

hahaha. fwiw, i'm not really deadset on burying vm here. i think the chance that he's town but insane exists, and if he's willing to work under that pretense and go for a koko lynch to make heads or tails of all this, that'd be ideal (since i'm of the opinion that koko is mechanically somewhat more likely to be scum than he is, although i think eir tone is better). but flipping vm is just as well to me. if i survive the night, i'll have a pretty good idea about my own sanity anyway.
i still think koko is the move for the time being, since the odds that vm is insane but v aren’t bad imo.
i am. very sorry but, what makes you think that vm may be insane and just really stubborn a possibility, all things considered? do you really believe that he contacted mawile about the possibility of his role being bastard and expected a truthful answer, especially considering that vm himself is a renowned shenanigansy/lulzy gm himself?

wrt koko see my reply to jack’s post above

I am very positive that I am NOT an insane cop and I will personally send everyone in this game $100 if that turns out to be the case. Even bringing up the possibility of insane cop seems like a very scummy play to me and it's frustrating me that no one else is seeing that.
if i was even the slightest bit unsure about my sanity why would i pledge to give everyone money? kyeugh can attest to me donating the 30 dollars i said i would in cats mafia if i turned out to be wrong
ah, my dear viper. i can’t applaud enough your gambit here. i know that you are a snake of your word and you would never not fulfill a bet you made in earnest. that’s why you betted a grand total of $1,500 on you not being an insane cop. because you know that you can’t be insane cop if you aren’t even a cop. now let this espurr offer you an irrefusable counterproposal: if you plead to personally wire $100 to each and every one of us if you are not a town-aligned alignment cop, i will gladly move our vote off you and join your campaign for a qva lynch. how does that sound for you?

i'm actually really strapped for cash i really hope von is an insane cop
the real gambit here is us bribing mawile to retcon von’s role to be insane cop
unrelated @Mawile can you dm me your paypal account uwu

I literally asked Mawile if cop sanities were a thing in this game and he said he doesn't like ever using them (that was my first thought too when I got a redcheck on raritini)
i find it amusing how the story you’re sticking to is that you decided to copcheck someone you were so sure was town that, once you got a redcheck, you were so stunned you felt compelled to ask the gm of a bastard game whether you are insane or not

this is so theatrically melodramatic i can’t help but chuckle

i can't wait for the other head to get back here and tell me what to think. because i am Lost
vm still sounds like frustrated!town recently but i'm just so ... ?!?!?!
and why did he not reveal that this was why he was so sure of his sanity before??
i appreciate your reliance tbh uwu
once again for transparency’s sake, i earnestly don’t think that vm sounds like frustrated!town, but rather like a classical greek drama actor wailing to the choir about his downfall

**if anyone CAN use their oneshot/regular ability at the same time, please speak up tbh
i want to stress this call tbh. if anyone who’s not vm can use two active powers on the same night, quote this and say “i do”, nothing else.

your one shot ability is probably fine, idk?
his oneshot ability is fake tbh. his real oneshot ability is probably fine, though.

but also think about my tinfoil conspiracy theory from a moment from my end and see if you puzzle anything out
omfg i see it

In the world that RNP is town, Mist recharging his one-shot is a very pro-town way for her to use her ability (given that the recharging works how it's said to and won't like... kill him or something when he tries to use the ability again? which I kind of hate is a caveat that I have to add but #shenanigans.) I am tempted to say it aligns them with him, but a little unsure - v/w and w/v are maybe still possibilities, and also RNP softing what happened would be some fairly slick scum theater if w/w.
uh. why would w!rnp implicate mist again? regardless of what rnp’s deal is, mist can be (read: probably is) just a townie who just believed in rnp/hmf and gave him a oneshot recharge in earnest.

disclaimer that i fully believe that rnp and hmf are town

do you think there are no cops in this game then?
this is a very good question. i am willing to believe that you are cop, but on that note, @IndigoEmmy is the only person who hasn’t read toDay apparently. hey emmy! how are you doing? vm and qva just claimed cop, do you have anything to say about this? “idk” is a valid answer.

i can vibe with a vm yeet, although i’m indeed not really sure what i’m going to take away from it if he flips green.
we wouldn’t take much away from that, but it ain’t gonna happen

i’m increasingly bothered by the simultaneous oneshot/regular night actions and i don’t think i can look past it... i also kind of don’t believe that he really took mawile at his word when essentially asking him “am i insane.” also i feel like he didn’t really act like he had a green check on koko yesterDay?
precisely.

i am not rari underscore teh and i don't have her longposting powers
you might not have my longposting powers but you have your longposting powers of your own tbh. i said this in hydrachat before and i’ll say it again, thank you for the longpost ;u; it covered a lot of stuff that i would otherwise have to address here, only in a much less angry tone lmao

- rari

whoops I was asleep, sorry! I've been trying to follow the discussion and keldeo really made a good point with the weirdness around vm not seeing my own night action

I'm not sure if it's really needed at this point given how many people have already voted, but Vipera Magnifica

i just think we should have waited until D3 for more information about VM but it's fine otherwise
what information were you expecting to get?
- rari

(longpost in the works btw)

i was hoping we could find out info on VM during D3, provided VM is Not a Mafia target N2 thereby possibly confirming him town but it basically is currently a theory atm
sorry, i feel like you haven’t really answered to my question. what information were you expecting to get?
- rari

Vote History:
JackPK voted Hydreigon25 (#933)
tbh^2 voted Hydreigon25 (#941)
Despicable Meme voted Hydreigon25 (#970)
kyeugh voted Hydreigon25 (#979)
RedneckPhoenix voted Hydreigon25 (#981)
Vipera Magnifica voted tbh^2 (#999)
Mist1422 voted tbh^2 (#1004)
JackPK voted tbh^2 (#1006)
JackPK voted Hydreigon25 (#1022)
kyeugh voted Vipera Magnifica (#1025)
Mist1422 voted nobody (#1027)
kyeugh voted kokorico (#1036)
RedneckPhoenix voted kokorico (#1038)
JackPK voted nobody (#1041)
RedneckPhoenix voted Vipera Magnifica (#1071)
Despicable Meme voted Vipera Magnifica (#1076)
JackPK voted kokorico (#1102)
Despicable Meme voted kokorico (#1103)
RedneckPhoenix voted kokorico (#1104)
kokorico voted Vipera Magnifica (#1119)
Mist1422 voted Vipera Magnifica (#1121)
Vipera Magnifica voted kyeugh (#1125)
RedneckPhoenix voted Vipera Magnifica (#1129)
kyeugh voted Vipera Magnifica (#1132)
Mist1422 voted Vipera Magnifica (#1135)
Despicable Meme voted Vipera Magnifica (#1190)
tbh^2 voted Vipera Magnifica (#1210)
kyeugh voted kokorico (#1246)
tbh^2 voted kokorico (#1250)
RedneckPhoenix voted Vipera Magnifica (#1253)
Despicable Meme voted kokorico (#1331)
Butterfree voted Vipera Magnifica (#1346)
tbh^2 voted Vipera Magnifica (#1356)
Keldeo voted Vipera Magnifica (#1358)
JackPK voted Vipera Magnifica (#1372)
Hydreigon25 voted Vipera Magnifica (#1375)
storm voted Vipera Magnifica (#1383)

Active Votes (+ post numbers):
kokorico voted Vipera Magnifica (#1119)
Vipera Magnifica voted kyeugh (#1125)
Mist1422 voted Vipera Magnifica (#1135)
kyeugh voted kokorico (#1246)
RedneckPhoenix voted Vipera Magnifica (#1253)
Despicable Meme voted kokorico (#1331)
Butterfree voted Vipera Magnifica (#1346)
tbh^2 voted Vipera Magnifica (#1356)
Keldeo voted Vipera Magnifica (#1358)
JackPK voted Vipera Magnifica (#1372)
Hydreigon25 voted Vipera Magnifica (#1375)
storm voted Vipera Magnifica (#1383)

Vote Count:
Vipera Magnifica (9): kokorico (#1119), Mist1422 (#1135), RedneckPhoenix (#1253), Butterfree (#1346), tbh^2 (#1356), Keldeo (#1358), JackPK (#1372), Hydreigon25 (#1375), storm (#1383)
kokorico (2): kyeugh (#1246), Despicable Meme (#1331)
kyeugh (1): Vipera Magnifica (#1125)
(Nonvoters: IndigoEmmy, Trebek, Seshas)

EoD is in approximately 1 hour.

for transparency’s sake: i fully believe that vm has a crummy passive mafia role (hence not knowing that multitasking isn’t allowed) and is sacrificing himself to out the real cop
here's the thing: if vm is scum and my results are reliable, this is beyond unneccessary. mafia probably already had strong reason to believe i was cop after the way yesterday went, because there was no other reason for me to push on koko the way i did—and the fact that i was blocked leads me to believe they do indeed already suspect as much. it's not necessary for vm to sacrifice himself like this if they already have this idea and can just shoot me instead.
i am. very sorry but, what makes you think that vm may be insane and just really stubborn a possibility, all things considered? do you really believe that he contacted mawile about the possibility of his role being bastard and expected a truthful answer, especially considering that vm himself is a renowned shenanigansy/lulzy gm himself?
i'm not trying to convince anyone he's town or to move their votes off vm, i'm simply reserving the possibility because if he does flip green (which despite your certainty, is still a possibility until the moment we see his flip), it has implications for the way i should be looking at the entire game. i don't think that's particularly odd, nor do i think it's odd to attempt to reason with a cop-claim in the case—however unlikely—that they're telling the truth, because losing a cop (even if we have a backup) is worse than not. i'm also not really sure why you seem to expect me to vote for vm over my literal redcheck here; i'm far from criticizing anyone from voting for vm, but i have far more reason to vote where i am, and i'm of the opinion that it wouldn't be a bad vote for anyone else, either.

regardless of how vm flips, if there is a vig in the game, i really think they ought to shoot koko toNight.

btw, i was about to post that i'm interpreting hydrei's vote as a very delayed bus, but i just realized that mist's weird message was probably from hydrei.

btw, i was about to post that i'm interpreting hydrei's vote as a very delayed bus, but i just realized that mist's weird message was probably from hydrei.
actually, i'm still pretty sure the vote is a bus and hydrei is scum. but still. mist's whisper was probably from hydrei, for whatever that's worth.

Mmm, yeah, I've rethought through stuff after more sleep and I think this is still cool.

I was gonna say my scary 1% world of VM being like, a wagon bomb who kills people who vote him (which could explain him claiming all this weird stuff but also not really seeming alien-ish?) but I think Hydreigon voting him dispels that fear for me.

Rari, to be clear, w!RNP world doesn't either implicate or clear Mist, to me.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what Hydreigon is saying around their vote, so the idea that it is like a late hop on the wagon for cred makes sense to me. I believe them that they're a messenger, but that's a pretty NAI role.

y'all are making a big mistake here, but whatever

when i die and flip town, which i know i will, can y'all please vig either kyeugh or raritini tonight?
could you please respond to this?
ah, my dear viper. i can’t applaud enough your gambit here. i know that you are a snake of your word and you would never not fulfill a bet you made in earnest. that’s why you betted a grand total of $1,500 on you not being an insane cop. because you know that you can’t be insane cop if you aren’t even a cop. now let this espurr offer you an irrefusable counterproposal: if you plead to personally wire $100 to each and every one of us if you are not a town-aligned alignment cop, i will gladly move our vote off you and join your campaign for a qva lynch. how does that sound for you?
- rari

VM, if you are actually town, I'm sorry - it seems like a pretty rough position, I've been there more than once. But if you are town, I think you are right that it cracks the game open!

Either way, I'm pumped. We got this! \o/

VM, if you are actually town, I'm sorry - it seems like a pretty rough position, I've been there more than once. But if you are town, I think you are right that it cracks the game open!

echoing this sentiment, although keldeo, i'm curious what you mean by "cracks the game open"—what do you think we should do next if he flips green?

echoing this sentiment, although keldeo, i'm curious what you mean by "cracks the game open"—what do you think we should do next if he flips green?
Sorry I have to go now, but I went through this in my long post early this morning that's a couple pages back, due to how many claims VM's comes into conflict with, is there anything confusing there?

Back
Top Bottom